Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seriously...what are we doing about TE?!

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 04:31 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

At least bring back Eifert, he could be decent with Trevor imo
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-02-2021, 04:31 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: At least bring back Eifert, he could be decent with Trevor imo

That’s what I was thinking

(05-02-2021, 03:56 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote: I just don't think it's a major priority for Urban unless it's a freak athlete like Hernandez or Pitts. It was pretty obvious that Urban wanted to give the moon to the Falcons for 4 but Baalke held him back.

Maybe if someone tells Urban that Njoku can really fly then he'll make a trade for him.

I think Baalke did the right thing if Urban would have Mortaged the future of the franchise. That wouldn’t get us anywhere.

(05-02-2021, 03:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think we’re gonna roll with what we got.

If we do this who’s going to be there in a years time?

(05-02-2021, 03:54 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Number 2, someone else's cuts.  Another option, not great but a 1 year bandaid, would be to sign a remaining free agent such as Tyler Eifert.

That is a thought that may be worth exploring!

Who will be there in a years time? Who knows. Gotta see how this year pans out. 

My guess is O’Shaugnessey is the starter with Farrell coming in on 2 TE sets. I like how OShag and Farrell catch the football. OShag is very serviceable. 

We can’t fix everything in 1 offseason, but we got the main piece in Lawrence.

I think a 3rd or even Minshew is too high for Eifert though. Best case scenario for Eifert is that he has a Jimmy Graham like resurgance with the Packers, but I don't think that has a high likelihood.

If you are truly going for highest potential, I still think that Njoku who just hasn't been able to put together for his first few season. However, historically, it is common for TE to not put it all together until their 3-4th season and often with their 2nd team. Though the price for that gamble shouldn't be higher than 4th.

Hurst is okay, but I think has a lower ceiling than Njoku. He was valued pretty high in Ravens-Falcons trade, but I think that is too expensive a price to repeat.

Is it wrong that I am already eyeing Cade Otton?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Trey Burton is 29, and played for Urban at Florida. Wonder if he’d even give him a call?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 07:23 PM by Upper.)

Someone suggested trying to trade for Foster Moreau and I love that idea. I know he's more of a swiss army knife Hback than pure TE, but he can move and had a really nice rookie season before Waller turned into an elite TE.

Why not just trade Robinson for a TE?

(05-02-2021, 07:26 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Why not just trade Robinson for a TE?

Why not trade Etienne for a TE?

(05-02-2021, 07:29 PM)Upper Wrote:

Why not trade Etienne for a TE?

Why not package Robinson and Etienne for a TE.

Cam or James?

Oh, Cam yeah...let's pull an Eagles/Cowboys and do an in division trade with the Colts for Mo Alie-Cox. The Colts inexplicably didn't draft an LT and they don't use Mo nearly enough.

OJ Howard. Call up the Bucs!

(05-02-2021, 03:01 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: It was one of our biggest needs and by all accounts still is! We were never going to get Pitts and Pat was gone before 65 where he would have been a value pick. 

So what are we going to do about TE? 

You have Ertz, Njoku and Hurst whom could all be targeted. What do people think of these guys? What would it take to get them? 

Do we role with what we have and look to the draft next year? (I have no idea who the early top TE prospects are).

I know Hurst was traded last year because he wanted to be a feature TE, now he's likely no.2 behind Pitts! Last years production was decent-ish (rec 56 yrds 571) and he's a Jacksonville native. Probably take a 3rd rounder. He would be my favourite of the three mentioned.

Ertz is old, but good.
Njoku has potential maybe, but at this moment isn't much better than shag.
Hurst is a bust, idk why people still talk about him.

For those of you wanting to trade for Zach Ertz, I just read an article that said the Eagles had several offers during the draft, but they are not budging off their price tag of a 3rd round pick and will keep him if they don't get their asking price. Given his age and declining numbers, that is too rich for my taste.

Laughing

Yeah let's trade our best RB for a mediocre TE. Unless you think someone is dumb enough to trade of the best TE's in the league for a RB.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-02-2021, 08:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: For those of you wanting to trade for Zach Ertz, I just read an article that said the Eagles had several offers during the draft, but they are not budging off their price tag of a 3rd round pick and will keep him if they don't get their asking price. Given his age and declining numbers, that is too rich for my taste.

Age and price definitely rules him out for me.

I am not sure about the comment above about Hurst being a bust, he was a top 15 TE last year. If he had the targets that Kelce had (nearly half) he would easy have surpassed 1000yrds based off his production.

(05-02-2021, 04:35 PM)FabianLF Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 04:31 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: At least bring back Eifert, he could be decent with Trevor imo

That’s what I was thinking

Me, three.  He's out there.  Still a free agent.

(05-02-2021, 04:10 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 04:02 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we drafted a te in draft yesterday from ohio state.

Wolfy, I love your optimism, and I hope he turns out to be a stud. However the likely good of that is slim.

we won't know until team is on field playing whos good,and whos not. my point is people are talking here like jags didn't adress TE postion at all when they did. got the one from panthers,and drafted  one plus still have one on the roaster.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Not panicking. Outside of last season when he had a veteran Hock to play with, how TE-dependent have Bevell's offenses been? At OSU, did Urbz do much to recruit or use TE?

I just looked up Hock's stats, and 2 years, 99 catches and under 1K total yards. for the top TE in his darft.

I don't think the coaches have TE as a priority. Full stop. Maybe we should temper expectations, thinking that it will be a focus/outlet for Trevor to rely on.