Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who Could be the Biggest Bust From the Draft?

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 08:03 PM by FabianLF.)

After all the players we have signed/drafted, who do you think could be a potential bust?

Should we even start thinking about this yet!? Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All of them and none of them.

I wouldn't call Jalen Camp a 'bust', but not sure why they used a late round pick on a WR. With the current roster, in my mind, his best case scenario is a spot on the practice squad for development. The practice squad players are basically free agents practicing with the team, able to be signed by any team at any time.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 07:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Any player can be a bust. Nothing in life is a guarantee. Even Trevor Lawrence could be a bust. I hope/think he won't, but none of us know what the future holds. With that said as far as bust potential, we have several candidates. We have no clue how Walker Little will look once he gets on the field after two years. He had a serious knee injury in the first game of 2019 and hasn't played since. Cam Robinson suffered a knee injury late in 2018 and some people on the board are still using that injury to excuse Robinson's poor play, so I hope Little doesn't have the same "lingering effects" that Cam supposedly has had.

Andre Cisco has dealt with lingering injuries during his college career and he opted out after 2 games in 2020. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and show off the ball hawking skills he displayed in college. If he does, he'll be a good player, but if not, he could be a bust. We'll just have to see.

Jordan Smith is the one I am most concerned about. We really have no good backup 3-4 OLB's on this team, so he may get some significant playing time. It's a "gut feeling," but something tells me this may not end like we hoped it would. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. If he busts and we even have one injury at the position, our entire edge pass rush will fail.

Luke Farrell is the selection that ticked me off the most. Although he is a very good blocker, he is not a good receiver at all. He's slow, he doesn't get separation and his hands are just so-so. With that said, he is a 5th round pick and if utilized strictly as an inline blocker, there will be a role for him on this team. If they try to make him a pass catching TE though, he will almost certainly fail. That's just not what he does well.

All in all it depends on the health of Walker Little and Andre Cisco and how the team intends to use Luke Farrell. If they stay healthy and Farrell is used correctly, none of them should completely bust. With Jordan Smith, it's just a bad feeling I have.

(05-02-2021, 07:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Any player can be a bust. Nothing in life is a guarantee. Even Trevor Lawrence could be a bust. I hope/think he won't, but none of us know what the future holds. With that said as far as bust potential, we have several candidates. We have no clue how Walker Little will look once he gets on the field after two years. He had a serious knee injury in the first game of 2019 and hasn't played since. Cam Robinson suffered a knee injury late in 2018 and some people on the board are still using that injury to excuse Robinson's poor play, so I hope Little doesn't have the same "lingering effects" that Cam supposedly has had.

Andre Cisco has dealt with lingering injuries during his college career and he opted out after 2 games in 2020. Hopefully, he can stay healthy and show off the ball hawking skills he displayed in college. If he does, he'll be a good player, but if not, he could be a bust. We'll just have to see.

Jordan Smith is the one I am most concerned about. We really have no good backup 3-4 OLB's on this team, so he may get some significant playing time. It's a "gut feeling," but something tells me this may not end like we hoped it would. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. If he busts and we even have one injury at the position, our entire edge pass rush will fail.

Luke Farrell is the selection that ticked me off the most. Although he is a very good blocker, he is not a good receiver at all. He's slow, he doesn't get separation and his hands are just so-so. With that said, he is a 5th round pick and if utilized strictly as an inline blocker, there will be a role for him on this team. If they try to make him a pass catching TE though, he will almost certainly fail. That's just not what he does well.

All in all it depends on the health of Walker Little and Andre Cisco and how the team intends to use Luke Farrell. If they stay healthy and Farrell is used correctly, none of them should completely bust. With Jordan Smith, it's just a bad feeling I have.

Farrell’s hands are so-so? He seemed to catch the football just fine to me. 

And to answer the guys question of why we took a WR so late, it appeared to be a BAP on the board. The kid has prototypical size for a WR. If he makes the 53 then it will be a bonus. But I expect him to hit the practice squad.

(05-02-2021, 06:49 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I wouldn't call Jalen Camp a 'bust', but not sure why they used a late round pick on a WR.  With the current roster, in my mind, his best case scenario is a spot on the practice squad for development.  The practice squad players are basically free agents practicing with the team, able to be signed by any team at any time.

Competition if James Robinson got to compete to keep his starting job all players do...

Urban Meyer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

All of them but I guess if i had to put money on it, I'd say Walker Little. 50/50 to me at this point in time.

Can we at least see them play in a jags uniform before we start claiming “bust”?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Had to change the title a little, lol

Trent Baalke. #GoJJs

What a noob thread son..uhh The only player of major consequence busting this draft is t-law. Any booms after t-law is a luxury.

I would say the 2nd most important pick of this draft is Little. We really need a hit there.

I predict Jalen Camp will be moved to TE, just like former GT receiver Darren Waller. He is a unit. While not as tall as Waller, he is physically stronger. He set the combine record for the bench press for receivers by putting it up 30x.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 08:38 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(05-02-2021, 07:10 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 07:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Any player can be a bust. Nothing in life is a guarantee. Even Trevor Lawrence could be a bust. I hope/think he won't, but none of us know what the future holds. With that said as far as bust potential, we have several candidates. We have no clue how Walker Little will look once he gets on the field after two years. He had a serious knee injury in the first game of 2019 and hasn't played since. Cam Robinson suffered a knee injury late in 2018 and some people on the board are still using that injury to excuse Robinson's poor play, so I hope Little doesn't have the same "lingering effects" that Cam supposedly has had.

Farrell’s hands are so-so? He seemed to catch the football just fine to me. 

And to answer the guys question of why we took a WR so late, it appeared to be a BAP on the board. The kid has prototypical size for a WR. If he makes the 53 then it will be a bonus. But I expect him to hit the practice squad.

How did you come to that conclusion, his highlight tape on Youtube? 

I live in Ohio and have seen every Ohio State game for at least the past 7 years. The guy has had a couple key drops over his college career and has a tendency to trap the ball against his body instead of catching it with his hands. Like I said, his forte' is blocking. As long as he is used strictly in the role, he will have a place on the team.

(05-02-2021, 08:29 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: I predict Jalen Camp will be moved to TE, just like former GT receiver Darren Waller. He is a unit. While not as tall as Waller, he is physically stronger. He set the combine record for the bench press for receivers by putting it up 30x.

At only 6'2" and 226 lbs, he's built more like a FB/H-Back.