Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Article about Jags and Meyer

https://www.nfl.com/news/sidelines/urban...rm-success

Interesting, well-written article by Judy Battista.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-03-2021, 06:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/sidelines/urban...rm-success

Coming off 1-15, try everything.

Even if it's something seemingly as minor as windows in the weight room.  I am not sure if I roll my eyes at the sports performance aspect.  What do I know?  I'm just a fan.  But I think Chark's example, where he has gained ten pounds and got faster, is significant.

He wasn't my first choice, but I am hoping like hell he succeeds here.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 07:13 AM by The Real Marty.)

(05-03-2021, 06:37 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 06:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/sidelines/urban...rm-success

Coming off 1-15, try everything.

Even if it's something seemingly as minor as windows in the weight room.  I am not sure if I roll my eyes at the sports performance aspect.  What do I know?  I'm just a fan.  But I think Chark's example, where he has gained ten pounds and got faster, is significant.

I think it's all about player development, and the players' perception of how they are being treated, as a player and as a person.  I think that's important.  We've been in a 10-year swamp, with one outlying year, and it's something that's hard to dig out of, as we have seen with numerous teams across this league and other leagues.  

Why has a guy with obvious physical talent like Taven Bryan never developed into anything?  Why do players like Ramsey and Ngakoue force their way out of town?  Drafting has to improve, for sure, but a lot of our problem has been player development and player retention.  

So I applaud Meyer for trying to improve everything, including facilities, training methods, nutrition, you name it.  Because just drafting Trevor Lawrence isn't going to turn us into perennial winners.

Good article. Meyer is new to the league and brings fresh perspective and Khan has become more open-minded about modern player psychology. No doubt brought about by the discontent of Coughlin’s old school ways. Interesting and exciting times ahead.

As an aside, I got a kick out of TL’s response to his reception in Jacksonville. We tend to forget how big this is for these very young people.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/13882...71044?s=20

He's definitely excited to have one of his boys back with him, dudes grinning from ear to ear.

This article makes me feel better than I have up to this point about Meyer and the direction the team is headed. Like TRM said, drafting TL alone isn't going to turn us into perennial winners.

(05-03-2021, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 06:37 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Coming off 1-15, try everything.

I think it's all about player development, and the players' perception of how they are being treated, as a player and as a person.  I think that's important.  We've been in a 10-year swamp, with one outlying year, and it's something that's hard to dig out of, as we have seen with numerous teams across this league and other leagues.  

Why has a guy with obvious physical talent like Taven Bryan never developed into anything?  Why do players like Ramsey and Ngakoue force their way out of town?  Drafting has to improve, for sure, but a lot of our problem has been player development and player retention.  

So I applaud Meyer for trying to improve everything, including facilities, training methods, nutrition, you name it.  Because just drafting Trevor Lawrence isn't going to turn us into perennial winners.

Bryan? Lack of coaching and he's dumb as a stump.
Ramsey and Yan? TC, TC, and then TC.

Maybe Urbs will be better, maybe not. We'll see.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Def a fresh start for us as fans and the Jags as a team.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Just having TL makes us better, as long as he can stay upright and healthy. They can build around that. Make no mistake, the Jags are a better team today than last week. We have hope...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-04-2021, 11:15 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Def a fresh start for us as fans and the Jags as a team.

Definitely.. Feels great..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-04-2021, 11:21 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:15 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Def a fresh start for us as fans and the Jags as a team.

Definitely.. Feels great..

For sure.  I'm enjoying that aspect of it -  and most all agree it was time, whether they like the particular hires/acquisitions or not.

(05-04-2021, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:21 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Definitely.. Feels great..

For sure.  I'm enjoying that aspect of it -  and most all agree it was time, whether they like the particular hires/acquisitions or not.

This draft had a much different feeling to it, of course it has to do with TLaw, but I don't know, it feels hopeful..

(05-04-2021, 11:36 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: For sure.  I'm enjoying that aspect of it -  and most all agree it was time, whether they like the particular hires/acquisitions or not.

This draft had a much different feeling to it, of course it has to do with TLaw, but I don't know, it feels hopeful..

I think we're so excited to be free of the malaise from last year that it's almost like being able to breathe again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-04-2021, 11:36 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: For sure.  I'm enjoying that aspect of it -  and most all agree it was time, whether they like the particular hires/acquisitions or not.

It helps that pundits aren't slobbering over our picks outside of TL. I really did feel like we were winning the off-season a few of the last years. We joked about the off season being the highlight. 

Give Joboo his Rum and sacrifice some KFC ...  we need some good on season progress.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-04-2021, 11:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:36 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: This draft had a much different feeling to it, of course it has to do with TLaw, but I don't know, it feels hopeful..

I think we're so excited to be free of the malaise from last year that it's almost like being able to breathe again.

When you draft a QB out of the 6th round, you're usually drafting a project QB.. Brady was pretty much the only exception. Minshew showed flashes of greatness, but that's all they were, flashes. This team needed consistency at that position, which TLaw has the capabilities to be consistently great. 

TLaw is the arrowhead to the spear.. He's sharp and agile. He's the piece you need to build the arrow from, not Minshew, with his rounded edges..

(05-04-2021, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:21 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Definitely.. Feels great..

Agreed. I was a little surprised by the hire and a little apprehensive but doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...well, yes, definitely time for a change.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-04-2021, 11:43 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:36 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: This draft had a much different feeling to it, of course it has to do with TLaw, but I don't know, it feels hopeful..

It helps that pundits aren't slobbering over our picks outside of TL. I really did feel like we were winning the off-season a few of the last years. We joked about the off season being the highlight. 

Give Joboo his Rum and sacrifice some KFC ...  we need some good on season progress.

Are you saying that Jesus Christ can't throw a touchdown pass?

(05-04-2021, 11:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:43 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: It helps that pundits aren't slobbering over our picks outside of TL. I really did feel like we were winning the off-season a few of the last years. We joked about the off season being the highlight. 

Thanks I needed that. Lol
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-04-2021, 11:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:43 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: It helps that pundits aren't slobbering over our picks outside of TL. I really did feel like we were winning the off-season a few of the last years. We joked about the off season being the highlight. 

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-05-04-at-12-15-43-PM.png]