Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stop Forcing It To Yeldon/Lee

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:46 PM by Pwmccorm1216.)

The offense is getting off to a rocky start. Theres an old saying, "dont fix what aint broke" and I feel the Jaguars are trying to change or are steering away from what worked last season. Of course we must establish the run game, but TJ Yeldon simply is not the answer at RB, not matter how many times you force feed him the rock. He's nothing more than a change of pace back. He's slow and cant get into open space. Marquis Lee has been made of china glass, nice to see him healthy but boy o boy staring him down and trying to force it onto him is not working. Were not even utilizing his abilities correctly. He's got speed, use him in space, I'm sorry the screen to Lee is freaking terrible. Get him vertical. 

The Jaguars MUST throw the ball and often. If anything, if the pass is not there, get back to what works, QB sneaks with Bortles. Until Ivory is back, we gotta get that ball to our weapons. We have a two great receivers in Robinson and Hurns, 2 Tight Ends who seem extremely motivated in Thomas and Lewis, we have got to spread the ball around in the right places and get back to what worked last season. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So sad that simple fans are so much more competent at this football thing than our clown HC.

We need to pass to set up the run, not run to set up the pass.

Getting into 3rd and 9 because we get no push is a recipe for disaster every week.

Quote:We need to pass to set up the run, not run to set up the pass.

Getting into 3rd and 9 because we get no push is a recipe for disaster every week.
I blame Olsen. He has pretty much told Blake to abandon running the ball, something he is excellent at. And now that Lee is finally healthy, they want him as active as possible. We need to just stop that and do what works. Whoever is open needs to get the ball, if the receiver is not there, its time to scramble. Rogers does it, Luck does it, so does Blake. 

Your right, against the Ravens we have got to just come out guns blazing and just start throwing. We cannot just run to set up the pass because he is not good enough to do that. 

Yeldon has sucked. At this point, I would sign a RB off the streets and start him

Nah the problem is they aren't running enough bubble screens. Need more bubbles! MORE BUBBLES!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:55 PM by Pwmccorm1216.)

Quote:Yeldon has sucked. At this point, I would sign a RB off the streets and start him
No need, Ivory is back and maybe if he cant be a full go this week, give some of the other guys a chance. Grant is a decent option. Again, we must get the ball to Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Julius Thomas and Marcedes Lewis. 

Also, Blake needs to be able to scramble. He's not only good at it, hes a threat and a weapon with his feet. Teams have to literally gameplan for that. Taking that away has led teams to force us to throw because they know we cannot run. 

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:57 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:No need, Ivory is back and maybe if he cant be a full go this week, give some of the other guys a chance. Grant is a decent option. Again, we must get the ball to Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Julius Thomas and Marcedes Lewis. 

Also, Blake needs to be able to scramble. He's not only good at it, hes a threat and a weapon with his feet. Teams have to literally gameplan for that. Taking that away has led teams to force us to throw because they know we cannot run. 

Need another RB. Ivory is good but can't count on him. He's been hurt every season, his entire career. 

Quote:Need another RB. Ivory is good but can't count on him. He's been hurt every season, his entire career. 
In a backup role, Yeldon is much more dangerous. Watch him in the preseason. The weight was almost lifted off his shoulders and he has a less strenuous role. He's a great change of pace back, when Ivory is back, the running game will be much more fluid. Im more concerned with the coaching staff taking Blakes scrambling abilities away and them forcing it to Marquis Lee. 

Yeldon isn't awful. When given holes he's had some nice runs. He's not elite enough to break tackles in the backfield (which happens way too much) and get positive yardage.

Our Oline can't run block.

Quote:Yeldon isn't awful. When given holes he's had some nice runs. He's not elite enough to break tackles in the backfield (which happens way too much) and get positive yardage.

He's bad.

We have the personnel for a dangerous spread offense. But our main problem is the defense......

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Yeldon isn't awful. When given holes he's had some nice runs. He's not elite enough to break tackles in the backfield (which happens way too much) and get positive yardage.

You can literally find a RB off the street to do what he has been doing. We drafted him in the second round........Hes been a disappointment. Signing Ivory to a 25 million dollar contract this offseason should have raised some questions on his abilities from you. 

What I want to know....everytime the Jags did a bubble or just yeldon getting tangled up behind the line of scrimmage....the tV showed Olsen looking at the sheet where I assume the plays are listed.

Then the same thing invariably happens.

What in the Wide World of Sports is he looking at?

Nothing.....NOTHING ever changes other than another bad, in effective play is called.

I thought he was the be all end all from Oakland....HAH, bet Jack was glad to be rid of him.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The balls to lee weren't forced, they were bad throws. He had inside leverage on both throws. You can't keep making that mistake as a franchise qb.

Quote:We need to pass to set up the run, not run to set up the pass.

Yup was thinking this too, teams are stacking the box, we need to just throw it deep early instead of running up the middle 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:The balls to lee weren't forced, they were bad throws. He had inside leverage on both throws. You can't keep making that mistake as a franchise qb.
They are forcing it to Lee, last week, forced it, bobbled and picked, same thing this week. Sure, some of the throws were bad and Blake did not play well, but the game plan has changed. They have taken away Bortles ability to scramble and now that Lee is healthy and looks great in practice, they have an entire game plan for him. Robinson had 1 catch....there not looking his way. The offensive game plan has been atrocious. 

Quote: Marquis Lee has been made of china glass, nice to see him healthy but boy o boy staring him down and trying to force it onto him is not working. Were not even utilizing his abilities correctly. He's got speed, use him in space, I'm sorry the screen to Lee is freaking terrible. Get him vertical. 

Lee played great yesterday.  One of the few Jags that did. Blake's decisions on when and where to throw to him were sometimes bad.  The screens in general were horribly executed (blocked and set-up poorly),  called too often, and easily diagnosed by the defense. That's not Lee's fault. 

I don't see any "forcing" going on except a bad decision by Blake here and there. 

Quote:Lee played great yesterday.  One of the few Jags that did. Blake's decisions on when and where to throw to him were sometimes bad.  The screens in general were horribly executed (blocked and set-up poorly),  called too often, and easily diagnosed by the defense. That's not Lee's fault. 

I don't see any "forcing" going on except a bad decision by Blake here and there. 
In a way, you made my point. Im not blaming Lee for the screens, thats what we call forcing it to him. The coaching staff has made him priority number 1 in the passing game. Its all a game plan, the screens, game planed. Lee is being force fed the ball, they are committed to the run game early on and then setting that up with the pass. Robinson is a ghost under this new game plan, as well as taking out Blakes scrambling ability, our offense has been exposed. 

Yes, they are forcing it to Lee, no, its not his fault, hes a decent player, but you have got to get the ball to your great players. Robinson, Hurns and Thomas. 

As far as the title to this topic, I agree.  It felt like Yeldon/Lee were being "forced" as "the" game plan.  It also felt like the "secret weapon" was Marcedes Lewis.  The team needs to get back to what works.

That being said, give credit/boos where it's due.  Bortles made a couple of terrible throws yesterday that were costly.  I like Bortles just as much as any Jaguars fan, but he did make some bad decisions.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.