Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What a crock of............

I just read an article that the NFL has struck a deal with Amazon Prime and starting in 2022, you will need to be a Prime subscriber in order to watch Thursday Night Football. Well that's a real kick in the nuts! There are already too many streaming services. If you subscribed to all of them, you'd go broke. Hopefully, this only last one year, once the NFL sees how low the ratings will be. I'm not gonna take on another monthly bill just to watch one football game a week, but I fear this may lead to something where we'll have to pay a monthly subscription just to watch our favorite NFL teams play each week. I think the days of free TV are coming to an end.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Will they still have to broadcast local games o network TV, like with cable network games?

(05-04-2021, 05:11 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Will they still have to broadcast local games o  network TV, like with cable network games?

Yes.

If you can give up on live games, nfl rewind is nice. Figures they are making it Prime, Goodell's job won't be completd until he destroys the NFL. Their COVID 2020 draft was annoying enough but the number of times fully vaccinated was sickening.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If I remember right, Thursday night games were on the NFL network so you had to have a subscription to a service that had that.  Live games in market were still broadcast on regular over-the-air television (a "weird" concept to younger people).

Just my opinion, live games should be shown strictly on regular broadcast (over the air) networks.

The bottom line is... follow the money.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-04-2021, 06:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: If I remember right, Thursday night games were on the NFL network so you had to have a subscription to a service that had that.  Live games in market were still broadcast on regular over-the-air television (a "weird" concept to younger people).

Just my opinion, live games should be shown strictly on regular broadcast (over the air) networks.

Isn't the NFL Network on basic cable and satellite? It came free with mine. Doesn't everyone have that? I don't know anyone who doesn't.

(05-04-2021, 07:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 06:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: If I remember right, Thursday night games were on the NFL network so you had to have a subscription to a service that had that.  Live games in market were still broadcast on regular over-the-air television (a "weird" concept to younger people).

Isn't the NFL Network on basic cable and satellite? It came free with mine. Doesn't everyone have that? I don't know anyone who doesn't.

It's part of the upgrade package on Xfinity. You don't get it with basic or the lower end packages.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Also you get amazon prime streaming service with an amazon membership that also gets you quicker free shipping. I fought it for years until finally giving in. Pretty happy overall with it you also get all of primes tv programming which is a lot. Kinda pretty worth it for 120 a year.

Cable and satellite are out in my world over 3 years now got tired of all the bs.

Honestly Prime is one of the better services.

We got it originally because we ordered enough stuff off Amazon. It paid for itself with free shipping. The streaming thing was just a bonus.

I don’t have NFL network for what it’s worth AT&T and NFLN had a spat and they can’t carry them anymore.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 08:47 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(05-04-2021, 08:30 PM)rufftime Wrote: Honestly Prime is one of the better services.

We got it originally because we ordered enough stuff off Amazon.  It paid for itself with free shipping.  The streaming thing was just a bonus.

I don’t have NFL network for what it’s worth AT&T and NFLN had a spat and they can’t carry them anymore.

I tried Amazon Prime on a free trial and hated it. Every time I would pull up a movie to watch, it would say I had to pay extra to watch it. It seems like none of the interesting movies were free with a membership. You still had to pay extra. It was frustrating. The only show on Amazon that I really liked was that superhero show, The Boys. I wasn't gonna pay all that money to watch one show though. 

I have HBOMax and I really like it. I canceled my Netflix to get it. I'm only allowing myself one streaming service subscription.

(05-04-2021, 08:28 PM)surfon Wrote: Also you get amazon prime streaming service with an amazon membership that also gets you quicker free shipping.  I fought it for years until finally giving in.  Pretty happy overall with it you also get all of primes tv programming which is a lot.  Kinda pretty worth it for 120 a year.

Cable and satellite are out in my world over 3 years now got tired of all the bs.

Amazon makes you pay extra to watch too many movies. Every time I would pull a movie up to watch, it said I had to pay extra. I hated that, so it's not for me. If I'm paying for an Amazon subscription, I should be able to watch everything offered in Prime for the flat fee. No extras. I have YouTube TV and like it a lot. I have more channels than I had on Directv and it's only half the cost. I do have HBOMax as an extra. That's the only streaming service I allow myself. I really like it.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh ya mateys!

(05-04-2021, 10:54 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Arrrrrrrrrrgh ya mateys!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Bingo.. And there's lots and lots of of um, channels to pull yer ship into..

I had to resort to that when Xfinity refused to carry The ACC Network so I can watch my Nole games.. Found some really good bays, no slip fee, absolutely free lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-04-2021, 07:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

nope. I have to pay an extra 10/month for "sports package", which for some reason is also the only way I can get TCM...exhibit 473 why Comcast is the dumbest, crappiest service provider ever.

????????? Is this some subtle way of saying you pirate your streaming service? I wouldn't be admitting that on the internet.

(05-04-2021, 08:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 08:30 PM)rufftime Wrote: Honestly Prime is one of the better services.

We got it originally because we ordered enough stuff off Amazon.  It paid for itself with free shipping.  The streaming thing was just a bonus.

I tried Amazon Prime on a free trial and hated it. Every time I would pull up a movie to watch, it would say I had to pay extra to watch it. It seems like none of the interesting movies were free with a membership. You still had to pay extra. It was frustrating. The only show on Amazon that I really liked was that superhero show, The Boys. I wasn't gonna pay all that money to watch one show though. 

I have HBOMax and I really like it. I canceled my Netflix to get it. I'm only allowing myself one streaming service subscription.

(05-04-2021, 08:28 PM)surfon Wrote: Also you get amazon prime streaming service with an amazon membership that also gets you quicker free shipping.  I fought it for years until finally giving in.  Pretty happy overall with it you also get all of primes tv programming which is a lot.  Kinda pretty worth it for 120 a year.

Amazon makes you pay extra to watch too many movies. Every time I would pull a movie up to watch, it said I had to pay extra. I hated that, so it's not for me. If I'm paying for an Amazon subscription, I should be able to watch everything offered in Prime for the flat fee. No extras. I have YouTube TV and like it a lot. I have more channels than I had on Directv and it's only half the cost. I do have HBOMax as an extra. That's the only streaming service I allow myself. I really like it.

They have a "prime" banner on all the free content thumbnails, or you can view a "free to me" specific menu if you don't want to see all the premium stuff. I will say I'd rather not be bombarded with all the premium/subscription content from the main view, but it's not as awful as you're making it out to be. Sounds like a ton of ppl have prime, maybe you can get together at a friend's house to catch the games, especially if NFLN is not broadcasting. I doubt sportspubs will have a prime membership to broadcast the games, either. That will be the big suckitude in this whole deal.

It's the same with Xfinity's on demand poop, but they are [BLEEP] enough to drop the "free with subscription" stuff in their free-views. Just the worst.

I always forget that People still watch the Thursday games. I usually realize that I forgot about the game until the 3rd quarter.

Also, you can have all the streaming accounts, and it's still half the price of cable.

And admiring to pirating tv on a a Jaguars message board is not getting anyone in trouble. I do it all the time.
s
;

;

(05-04-2021, 08:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

There is a tab called "Free to Me".  Use it and you'll never see those charge to see movies.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

YouTube TV rules!

The way my wife shops, Amazon Prime pays for itself over and over again with free shipping.