Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence's Contract?

https://247sports.com/Article/Trevor-Law...RZjl3kPWBU

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Paid like a 1st pick.. Good on him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I hadn't really thought about it before, but that's really cheap compared to the QBs who are getting second contracts.

Congratulations to Lawrence, well deserved but getting paid $36m to play football 

Couldn't earn that in 10 lifetimes  Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 11:26 AM by Ronster.)

Um, what the hell does this mean?

Khan -

“The player obviously is great, but the person behind the player is what really gives me hope,” Khan told Peter King for his Football Morning in America column. “I can’t believe how normal he is. He’s been the number one quarterback on all levels since he was 14 years old, being catered to at every level. His humility almost surprises me. I was impressed that he really wanted to come here, and wanted to spend his career in Jacksonville.

"That’s what he told me — he doesn’t want to move around. I told him, ‘If you do what you’ve done to this point, there’s going to be two constants — you’re going to be in Jacksonville, and I’m going to be in Jacksonville.’”
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-05-2021, 11:26 AM)Ronster Wrote: Um, what the hell does this mean?

Khan -

“The player obviously is great, but the person behind the player is what really gives me hope,” Khan told Peter King for his Football Morning in America column. “I can’t believe how normal he is. He’s been the number one quarterback on all levels since he was 14 years old, being catered to at every level. His humility almost surprises me. I was impressed that he really wanted to come here, and wanted to spend his career in Jacksonville.

"That’s what he told me — he doesn’t want to move around. I told him, ‘If you do what you’ve done to this point, there’s going to be two constants — you’re going to be in Jacksonville, and I’m going to be in Jacksonville.’”
It means Trevor will be the Jaguars quarterback for however long he plays football. We know Khan will be in Jacksonville as owner of the team.

(05-05-2021, 11:42 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:

Khan -

It means Trevor will be the Jaguars quarterback for however long he plays football. We know Khan will be in Jacksonville as owner of the team.

You should have let him work that one out on his own.. That would have been mighty entertaining lololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-05-2021, 11:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 11:42 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: It means Trevor will be the Jaguars quarterback for however long he plays football. We know Khan will be in Jacksonville as owner of the team.

You should have let him work that one out on his own.. That would have been mighty entertaining lololol

It was hard to believe he did not understand what Khan said. Guess I should have let him figure it out. LOL

I thot that was interesting as well..

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 02:04 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Back in 2009 Matt Stafford was the last QB to sign a rookie #1 pick without the implemented rookie salary structure

This was the 2009 summary via google ...
"Matthew Stafford signed a 5 year, $135,000,000 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $92,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $27,000,000."

I want to believe!

Khan is great at saying things that twist panties into bunches. It is obvious, TL is all that he seems to be mad cash will allow Khan to build whatever the heck he wants.

Indy has the house that Peyton built, does anyone think a TL superbowl wouldn't produce a new stadium?

Honestly the exodus from Jville would follow if a superbowl doesn't get it done.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Khan -

It means he's going to trade the guy as soon as possible and move the team to San Antonio.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Khan -

What Shad Khan is saying in simplest terms is if Trevor Lawrence is successful the stadium deal get done without no problem, shipyards get built, and Lot J goes from being dead to alive and well in the near future. In other words, Trevor Lawrence can be the reason why the Jaguars stay in Jacksonville long-term and can end the annual London trips overall because of it.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-05-2021, 09:19 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:

Khan -

What Shad Khan is saying in simplest terms is if Trevor Lawrence is successful the stadium deal get done without no problem, shipyards get built, and Lot J goes from being dead to alive and well in the near future. In other words, Trevor Lawrence can be the reason why the Jaguars stay in Jacksonville long-term and can end the annual London trips overall because of it.

Ya, this is kinda what I got from it. Weird thing to say, don’t ta think?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Follow the yellow brick road Dorothy !
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-05-2021, 01:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Back in 2009 Matt Stafford was the last QB to sign a rookie #1 pick without the implemented rookie salary structure

"Matthew Stafford signed a 5 year, $135,000,000 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $92,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $27,000,000."

Man if 1st round QB contracts were really that bad back then, I see why teams would give guys a longer time to see what they could become. Thank god it's not like that now, imagine the cardinals if they had rosen on a contract anywhere near that and then had the top pick the following year, what would they have done.

You can almost guarantee that Lawrence will build us a new stadium and light a fire under this city and the glory days of Jaguar football will return.

Brackens’ chase down and Morten’s miss fg
Clyde Simmon’s int in Buffalo
Means’ 62 yarder and 30 yarder
Smith’s fade to glory in Denver
Taylor’s 90 yarder vs Miami
Smith’s 15 291 3 vs Baltimore
Pittsburgh 9-0
Indy 375
Scobee’s 52 and 59 yarder vs Indy

......The day we drafted Trevor

(05-05-2021, 01:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Back in 2009 Matt Stafford was the last QB to sign a rookie #1 pick without the implemented rookie salary structure

I thought Sam Bradford was the last.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(05-06-2021, 03:13 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

I thought Sam Bradford was the last.

He was.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]