Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rate your excitement/expectations

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 06:06 PM by Jags32250.)

Ok, so we've beat to death our opinions on whether this was a good or bad draft.  Truth is, no one knows so the opinions are all fun yet really useless at this time.  Instead, let's gauge where we are at with our new acquisitions.

1. Trevor Lawrence. Thank you football gods!
2. Walker Little.  Man, the more I learn about this guy the more i think this could be a steal of the draft type pick! No doubt I was baffled at the time, but I now get it and am giddy!
3. Travis Etienne. Don't like RB in the first round, but the dude is explosive, super versatile and will score us points.  Probably the safest pick in the draft, I have no doubt he will excel.
4. Andre Cisco.  A ball-hawking S?!?  Much needed and yes please!  Pumped.  
5. Dylan Moses.  Ok, hang with me here.  Zero risk UDFA, insane reward.  I'm shocked this guy didn't get drafted.  With his decorated past and potential, this hopefully will be talked about for years to come. Stud IMO!!  Good work Jags.
6. Jay Tufele. Disruptor in the middle, high motor.  Could make J. Allen and K. Chaisson top of their Christmas card lists! Guessing will take some time to realize return on investment.

7. Tyson Campbell - Admitting my ignorance here as not a die hard college football fan and only read up on him and watched videos, but IDK, something in my gut strikes me as off. Feel like this was maybe the worst pick value vs. timing of the draft.  Would LOVE to be proved wrong.
8. Jalen Camp.  Please god, beat out Dorsett!!
9. Luke Farrell. Awesome he can block and recognize the importance, but we already have one of those. Meh.
10. Jordan Smith.  Talent is there but likely a scumbag and won't be around long.  Hope I'm wrong.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 10:35 PM by jaguarmvp.)

IF the team remains healthy along with Lawrence living up to expectations, this could be a sneaky good team. If the stars align they could have a shot at a very weak afc south title. To Be honest it's kinda impossible to say because none of these players are scheme have seen the field yet. It's pretty much a lock to be better than last year!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I have no expectations what so ever. I just wanna see improvement throughout the season.

(05-06-2021, 06:05 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Ok, so we've beat to death our opinions on whether this was a good or bad draft.  Truth is, no one knows so the opinions are all fun yet really useless at this time.  Instead, let's gauge where we are at with our new acquisitions.

1. Trevor Lawrence. Thank you football gods!
2. Walker Little.  Man, the more I learn about this guy the more i think this could be a steal of the draft type pick! No doubt I was baffled at the time, but I now get it and am giddy!
3. Travis Etienne. Don't like RB in the first round, but the dude is explosive, super versatile and will score us points.  Probably the safest pick in the draft, I have no doubt he will excel.
4. Andre Cisco.  A ball-hawking S?!?  Much needed and yes please!  Pumped.  
5. Dylan Moses.  Ok, hang with me here.  Zero risk UDFA, insane reward.  I'm shocked this guy didn't get drafted.  With his decorated past and potential, this hopefully will be talked about for years to come. Stud IMO!!  Good work Jags.
6. Jay Tufele. Disruptor in the middle, high motor.  Could make J. Allen and K. Chaisson top of their Christmas card lists! Guessing will take some time to realize return on investment.

7. Tyson Campbell - Admitting my ignorance here as not a die hard college football fan and only read up on him and watched videos, but IDK, something in my gut strikes me as off. Feel like this was maybe the worst pick value vs. timing of the draft.  Would LOVE to be proved wrong.
8. Jalen Camp.  Please god, beat out Dorsett!!
9. Luke Farrell. Awesome he can block and recognize the importance, but we already have one of those. Meh.
10. Jordan Smith.  Talent is there but likely a scumbag and won't be around long.  Hope I'm wrong.

I think the top 3 are tied at the hip.  If Little and Etienne are healthy, starting and productive, that likely means Trevor Lawrence is playing well.  That makes everyone happy.  I am excited over the possibilities.  If everything is clicking, the offense should be a blast to watch.  That said, they are all rookies.  Little and Lawrence in particular will likely have their rough spots and uneven performances.  There are some really strong defenses on the schedule this year, including the Rams, 49ers and Bills.

I am also excited about our secondary.  If nothing else, we'll be faster in the secondary, but I'm pretty certain we'll be better in the secondary too.  CJ Henderson was inconsistent as a rookie, and he was the best player back there.  Herndon had a down year, Sidney Jones was a bit of a pleasant surprise when he was healthy but didn't remind anyone of Lester Hayes or Jalen Ramsey in his prime.  This year, Henderson is in his second year and should be a little more consistent, we have Griffin opposite him, and likely have Campbell inside, who is bigger and faster than Herndon.  Jenkins has more range, and Cisco has play making ability. 

Tufele should be a decent addition to the rotation at DL.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 05:08 AM by The Real Marty.)

I'm cautiously excited.  Really very optimistic.  Good times are coming back to the stadium this year.  I'm planning to make a big investment in season tickets.  This team will be worth supporting for a change.   Something I didn't realize is that we have 9 regular season home games and only 1 preseason home game.  

I was listening to Stanford coach David Shaw on 1010xl a couple of days ago, and he said Trevor Lawrence is good enough to put us in the playoffs this year.

All I want is 6 or 7 wins with the arrow pointing up.  And a full stadium.  But yes, this is a great year to hang around Jacksonville and go down to the stadium on Sundays.

I'm excited. I'm excited every year win or lose. I dont know what to expect. Last season was horrible. Win the first game and then we all know what happened with the 15 game losing streak. Smh.

Expectations for this draft class is going to be pretty high for me....

I see 4 immediate starters: Lawrence (QB), RB Etienne (3rd down RB), Cisco (FS, if healthy), Campbell (NB)

2 challenging for starting roles this year: Little (OT), Tufele (DT)

Rotational/depth players: Farrell (TE), Smith (Edge), Moses (LB, if healthy)

Development this year/practice squad with upside: Daniel (CB), Imatorbhebhe (WR), Randall (DT)

Excitement and expectations are both low in the short term. I'm not going to deem the season a success or failure based on W-L or TD/INT ratio. This season is like art - I'll know it's good when I see good. That said, if we stink out loud, I am still going to be happy that every Sunday I have a football game to enjoy. If I don't enjoy the football games, I'll have plenty of other things to occupy my time and bring a smile to my face.

We got better at the most important position.

We ramped up run game that will take pressure off the rookie QB - even if I don't love the value of the pick.

We added pieces to our secondary that should make impact in time, hopefully right away.

Good gamble at OT, depth/competition at NT, a few pieces that may contribute.

I'm very cautious about it because we have no clue how the coaching staff will use these guys, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
They could win 4 games but look very promising, or they could win 8 and look like they are definitely on track to compete in 2022 for a division title. Hard to guess right now.

I have zero expectations, only that they will get better as the season progresses.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Sorry, I've been burned by the Jaguars too many times before to give any particular rating even with Urban and Co. starting TLaw.....(thanks Jaguars Front Office)

91%

I am excited, but temper my expectations. I am a Jags fan after all.

Well, I went ahead and threw my hat in to purchase a season ticket, so I guess I'm looking forward to them not completely sucking for the first time in a while. Then again, up until last year, I had season tickets for about the last decade, so I'm not sure it says a whole lot.
If we can manage to win our home games against divisional opponents, anything else is gravy.

Never been more excited about football season to start. I definitely expect the season to start off slowly due to all of the new players. The team should win anywhere from 6-8 games depending on injuries. My excitement is due to the fact of our team finally having a franchise quarterback who should get better each week. Watching his development will be worth the price of admission.

Super excited for Tlaw, also pretty scared we're going to Andrew Luck him. Not that he's going to get hurt and retire early, but that we have the wrong guys in the front office and at head coach and Trevor is going to be so good that we win 9-10 games a year anyways so they hang around and we never reach the summit.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 07:56 PM by Bullseye.)

(05-07-2021, 02:34 PM)scottyg Wrote: Well, I went ahead and threw my hat in to purchase a season ticket, so I guess I'm looking forward to them not completely sucking for the first time in a while.  Then again, up until last year, I had season tickets for about the last decade, so I'm not sure it says a whole lot.
If we can manage to win our home games against divisional opponents, anything else is gravy.

Congrats again and kudos.

I sure hope the team is way more successful now than it was the last time you were a STH.

One of the things I am interested in watching is how quickly TL gets over "rookie-itis."

There are things that young QBs do that can get them in trouble.

For instance, even though he was in his third year last year, Bills QB Josh Allen absolutely refused to give up on lost plays, and it cost the Bills (See playoff game vs. Chiefs). Other times, young QBs will try to force passes into places they shouldn't.

TL reportedly has issues with some pre snap IDs of blitzers and some shifts in coverage. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for him to out grow these issues. Fortunately for us, based on everything I've seen, he's a fast learner, takes coaching and correction well and his a hard worker.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-07-2021, 07:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 02:34 PM)scottyg Wrote: Well, I went ahead and threw my hat in to purchase a season ticket, so I guess I'm looking forward to them not completely sucking for the first time in a while.  Then again, up until last year, I had season tickets for about the last decade, so I'm not sure it says a whole lot.

Congrats again and kudos.

I sure hope the team is way more successful now than it was the last time you were a STH.

One of the things I am interested in watching is how quickly TL gets over "rookie-itis."

There are things that young QBs do that can get them in trouble.

For instance, even though he was in his third year last year, Bills QB Josh Allen absolutely refused to give up on lost plays, and it cost the Bills (See playoff game vs. Chiefs).  Other times, young QBs will try to force passes into places they shouldn't.

TL reportedly has issues with some pre snap IDs of blitzers and some shifts in coverage.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes for him to out grow these issues.  Fortunately for us, based on everything I've seen, he's a fast learner, takes coaching and correction well and his a hard worker.

Idk what it is about the photoshopped picture in your signature but his face looks like foles there lol. Unless it is foles in the original picture lol.

Whenever I see Urban Meyer smiling and joking around and looking relaxed, I think to myself that maybe the intensity isn’t there anymore.

At UF he was always grumpy and looked like he had a stick up his a. That’s the Meyer you want coaching the Jags during this crucial time

Having said that, the current version of UM may still be leaps and bounds better than any former Coordinator or whatever Gus Bradley rehash that Khan would have hired if UM had not taken the job