Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Saban: NFL Doctors May Have Whiffed on Moses

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...rew-brees/

Hmmmm. He makes an interesting comparison

Could you imagine if he's right and we get a great linebacker undrafted? Last player like that I can recall was James Harrison.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 02:06 PM by ATLjag.)

I think the worst case for the Jags is the medical and training/performance staff fully evaluates the knee, puts him on an injury list, and gets the appropriate time to properly fix/rest/rehab the knee to heal properly for the long term. Whether sometime this season or next season, the Jags will likely end up with a good football player with patience.

(05-07-2021, 08:35 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I think the worst case for the Jags is the medical and training/performance staff full evaluates the knee, puts him on an injury list, and gets the appropriate time to properly fix/rest/rehab the knee to heal properly for the long term.  Whether sometime this season or next season, the Jags will likely end up with a good football player with patience.

True. Maybe we will have the opposite of #becausejaguars and he does great this year. One can hope.

Maybe now that we have a QB #becausejaguars starts meaning good things Smile

I'm very intrigued to see how this plays out. Let's hope for the best

I honestly don't think we'll be seeing Moses this season. I believe the team sends him to I.R. this season, so he can be 100% for 2022. With that said, I believe he could end up being an important piece moving forward. I can remember a time when people were taking about him as a potential first round selection. Hopefully, he can get back to full capacity and be a good player for us in the future. I'd rather take our time with him. There is no need to rush him along and risk further damage. We're in re-building mode this year and we're not even gonna sniff a Superbowl in 2021, so we need to play the long game with him and have him continue to rehab.

There's very little downside to it, if he is done due to his knee then it costs the Jags next to nothing. If he can return to a semblance of his former self than that's a really nice pickup. It's probably not something we'll see payoff this coming year, maybe the following year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Kinda like the Myles Jack story.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Interesting.

He played through a torn meniscus last year.

Last time we got a LB who had a torn meniscus, there was a big debate on the board between non doctors as to how long he could possibly be out.

Let's just hope his recovery is complete and fast. A his peak, I think he could certainly help the LBs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I love how Saban tries to shift the blame, when in reality him and the Bama team doctors are who failed Moses. They told Moses he only had a bone bruise. If they do their job correctly he gets surgery much sooner and doesn't go undrafted.

With that said though, its highly unlikely we end up with him and the possible potential he could bring if they did their job correctly.

Saban trying to cover his azz so HS linebackers don’t commit somewhere else

(05-07-2021, 07:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Interesting.

He played through a torn meniscus last year.

Last time we got a LB who had a torn meniscus, there was a big debate on the board between non doctors as to how long he could possibly be out.

Let's just hope his recovery is complete and fast.  A his peak, I think he could certainly help the LBs.

Difference is Jack tore his on September 22nd and didn't play another College game. He then withdrew from UCLA in October to rehab his knee.

Moses tore his early in the season, probably around the same time as Jack, but he played the rest of the season. He said he played through serious pain and thought about quitting at times because of it. He likely caused more damage/wear and tear to it than Jack did, considering he kept playing and delayed his surgery.

Jaguars tend to have good UDFA signings of recent memory.
Allen Hurns
Keelan Cole
James Robinson
and maybe Dylan Mosses are the first that come to mind