Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jobs Report DISASTER

The biggest reason people won't go back to work outside the free money is that no one wants to wear the face diaper for 8 hours. Ditch the masks and more people will get back to it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-08-2021, 08:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The biggest reason people won't go back to work outside the free money is that no one wants to wear the face diaper for 8 hours. Ditch the masks and more people will get back to it.

There is a huge shortage of recycle, garbage, yard waste drivers as well. Our tax funded services have essentially been cut in half and they just show up whenever. I have never seen those drivers wearing a mask.

Yeah it used to be that young people wanted to save up for something like shoes, car, sporting goods (rec drugs lol)

Now if they have a phone with internet that’s pretty much the bare minimum of entertainment they need to be happy. An unemployment check can cover that

(05-07-2021, 03:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: These people don't understand that minimum wage will never keep up with the inflation that is coming, so it is really just an optics thing at this point. A fast food worker making $20 an hour will still live the same way as one currently making $10.

What misguided people on the left also don't understand is that a typical fast-food job is not meant to be a career.  It's an entry level position to give someone some experience.  It used to be that many of those positions were filled by high school students looking to earn money for that first car or maybe for the "college fund".

While I agree with your point overall, McDonald’s and alot of other prominent fast food places advertise becoming a manager or franchise owners by starting at entry level. I dont know McDonald’s internal promotional process, but I would like to think that is usually the way.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(05-09-2021, 11:25 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: What misguided people on the left also don't understand is that a typical fast-food job is not meant to be a career.  It's an entry level position to give someone some experience.  It used to be that many of those positions were filled by high school students looking to earn money for that first car or maybe for the "college fund".

While I agree with your point overall, McDonald’s and alot of other prominent fast food places advertise becoming a manager or franchise owners by starting at entry level. I dont know McDonald’s internal promotional process, but I would like to think that is usually the way.

That could be the case, but again a job at a fast-food restaurant isn't meant to pay a "living wage".  A job digging ditches as an apprentice isn't meant to be career and doesn't pay a "living wage".  It's meant to be entry level to give someone some education and experience to eventually become a licensed journeyman.

However, nowadays those kinds of jobs (fast food/apprentice) are supposedly supposed to be a "career" and pay a "living wage".

The bottom line is people are lazy.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Can't fix all of the inherited mess within 100 days. Heck, even Obama needed a little time to fix the housing/banking/auto mess that he inherited from GW Bush but he ultimately got America prosperous once again.

Lol. You can't really believe that.

(05-10-2021, 05:21 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol. You can't really believe that.

Never feed the troll.

(05-10-2021, 12:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Can't fix all of the inherited mess within 100 days.  Heck, even Obama needed a little time to fix the housing/banking/auto mess that he inherited from GW Bush but he ultimately got America prosperous once again.

Care to explain what "mess" the Biden Harris regime "inherited"?  The economy was on fire, unemployment low and inflation was under control.  The southern border was also under control with the countries to our south helping with the problem.  What do we see now?

The economy is getting worse, unemployment is higher, jobs are available but people won't go to work because the "gubmint" is paying them.  Prices for everything is going up including lumber and consumer staples.  We are being flooded with aliens that can't communicate nor legally work.  The homeless problem is worse, more drugs being brought in... the list goes on.  This is all directly because of the actions of the current regime.

They tell us that the crisis on the southern border is not a "crisis", rather it's a "seasonal norm".  When people were illegally coming over the southern border and were being treated humanely it was "kids in cages".  Now when they are stacked in there like cord wood... crickets.

The cost of fuel, commodities, etc. was all at reasonable prices.  Now go buy a 2x4x8 that used to be around $2 or so at your local Lowes or Home Depot.  The cost now is right around $8.  With the cost of raw materials rising the average cost for a new home is $35k higher than it should be.

The answer that your administration regime has for it is to print more money, pay people to not work and tell you to wear two masks when on a zoom call.

Take a look at what happened in Zimbabwe.  Take a look at what happened to Venezuela.  Welcome to Joe Biden's America.

I would think that a "stock market guru" like you would have seen what was coming.  TRM called it out a while back.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-10-2021, 06:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:21 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol. You can't really believe that.

Never feed the troll.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hu0di2p87y2lzdoi3a...y.gif&ct=g]

I am quickly seeing why my "Medicare for all" self portrait avatar was banned from this "Jaguars" forum but not the guy with the king Donald Trump avatar... GG Duval

(05-10-2021, 06:59 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: I am quickly seeing why my "Medicare for all" self portrait avatar was banned from this "Jaguars" forum but not the guy with the king Donald Trump avatar...  GG Duval

Once you hit 500 posts, you can change your avatar to anything you want.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 09:22 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-10-2021, 07:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:59 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: I am quickly seeing why my "Medicare for all" self portrait avatar was banned from this "Jaguars" forum but not the guy with the king Donald Trump avatar...  GG Duval

Once you hit 500 posts, you can change your avatar to anything you want.

@JaguarWC .... and as you can see, none of the 500 posts (or 21,888 posts in this case) have to be quality posts.

(05-11-2021, 09:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Once you hit 500 posts, you can change your avatar to anything you want.

@JaguarWC .... and as you can see, none of the 500 posts (or 21,888 posts in this case) have to be quality posts.

Since I have essentially doubled your post count, that means I care about this team twice as much as you do. It also means JaguarWC doesn't care about this team at all.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 10:10 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-11-2021, 09:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: @JaguarWC .... and as you can see, none of the 500 posts (or 21,888 posts in this case) have to be quality posts.

Since I have essentially doubled your post count, that means I care about this team twice as much as you do. It also means JaguarWC doesn't care about this team at all.

It really means that you essentially have 2x the amount of worthless posts as I do.  jagibelieve is slightly behind me and Ronster has a lot of momentum.  If he continues to waste his life watching nightly news shows and ranting on this board, he may essentially qualify as the most unproductive human on this board.  There's a lot of competition, however, so he can't start celebrating just yet.