Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jobs Report DISASTER

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope all the ones that voted for the clown duo hurt the worst. I sincerely hope they feel the results of their idiotic thinking. I want them to feel the pain of their stupidity. Make no mistake, the ones that support these policies end up being hurt the most, almost ALWAYS...

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/bi...bergasted/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Already posted this but it deserves to be posted again. The best thing about this is it will continue to free fall until unemployment benefits run out.

At least DeSantis is starting to crack down in Florida.

(05-07-2021, 11:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Already posted this but it deserves to be posted again. The best thing about this is it will continue to free fall until unemployment benefits run out.

At least DeSantis is starting to crack down in Florida.

sorry, I missed your post. Admin can delete this.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Time to pay more deadbeats to not work.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-07-2021, 03:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Time to pay more deadbeats to not work.

Employers should pay more than people make sitting at home. Then they won't sit at home.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-07-2021, 03:27 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Time to pay more deadbeats to not work.

Employers should pay more than people make sitting at home. Then they won't sit at home.

What an awful take. Wow.

(05-07-2021, 03:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:27 PM)Dimson Wrote: Employers should pay more than people make sitting at home. Then they won't sit at home.

What an awful take. Wow.

It is true. If you make more money staying at home than you do working, which are you going to do?

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 03:36 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-07-2021, 03:33 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What an awful take. Wow.

It is true. If you make more money staying at home than you do working, which are you going to do?

What if the govt decided to pay 500 per week? Is it a employers responsibility to stay ahead of the government to motivate people to work?

Unemployment benefits are too high.

Oh, and to answer you question, I am going to work, because I was raised to have pride.

(05-07-2021, 03:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:33 PM)Dimson Wrote: It is true. If you make more money staying at home than you do working, which are you going to do?

What if the govt decided to pay 500 per week? Is it a employers responsibility to stay ahead of the government to motivate people to work?

Oh, and to answer you question, I am going to work, because I was raised to have pride.

It is simple. One of two things need to happen if you want people to get back to work. Either increase the pay or get rid of the government unemployment subside.

(05-07-2021, 03:38 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What if the govt decided to pay 500 per week? Is it a employers responsibility to stay ahead of the government to motivate people to work?

It is simple. One of two things need to happen if you want people to get back to work. Either increase the pay or get rid of the government unemployment subside.

$300 a week would equate to a job paying $7.25 an hour if they worked a normal schedule. The Florida minimum wage is already nearly $1.50 more than that, so by not working, people are automatically missing out on an additional $240 a month. I know for a fact the jobs I have seen advertising pay more than minimum wage, so even more money is being left on the table for those who choose not to work.

This is such a short-sighted move for people choosing not to work.

(05-07-2021, 03:33 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What an awful take. Wow.

It's all about NOT BEING LAZY.  There used to be a time when drawing unemployment was a "stigma".  Not any more apparently.  Me personally, If I am able bodied I would take pretty much ANY job rather than collect unemployment.  It's not just about the money, it's about taking responsibility for one's self.  Almost every job that I have taken in my 50+ years I always started at the bottom and managed to move up and better myself.  That kind of work ethic and ambition is enabling me to retire early.

These days people want things given to them rather than earning it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 03:51 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-07-2021, 03:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:33 PM)Dimson Wrote: It is true. If you make more money staying at home than you do working, which are you going to do?

It's all about NOT BEING LAZY.  There used to be a time when drawing unemployment was a "stigma".  Not any more apparently.  Me personally, If I am able bodied I would take pretty much ANY job rather than collect unemployment.  It's not just about the money, it's about taking responsibility for one's self.  Almost every job that I have taken in my 50+ years I always started at the bottom and managed to move up and better myself.  That kind of work ethic and ambition is enabling me to retire early.

These people don't understand that minimum wage will never keep up with the inflation that is coming, so it is really just an optics thing at this point. A fast food worker making $20 an hour will still live the same way as one currently making $10.

(05-07-2021, 03:38 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What if the govt decided to pay 500 per week? Is it a employers responsibility to stay ahead of the government to motivate people to work?

I saw a report where a McDonalds was offering $50 just to show up for an interview.  There are reports in the financial news that employers can't even get "bad candidates" to show up for interviews.  The bottom line is people are lazy.

(05-07-2021, 03:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's all about NOT BEING LAZY.  There used to be a time when drawing unemployment was a "stigma".  Not any more apparently.  Me personally, If I am able bodied I would take pretty much ANY job rather than collect unemployment.  It's not just about the money, it's about taking responsibility for one's self.  Almost every job that I have taken in my 50+ years I always started at the bottom and managed to move up and better myself.  That kind of work ethic and ambition is enabling me to retire early.

These people don't understand that minimum wage will never keep up with the inflation that is coming, so it is really just an optics thing at this point. A fast food worker making $20 an hour will still live the same way as one currently making $10.

What misguided people on the left also don't understand is that a typical fast-food job is not meant to be a career.  It's an entry level position to give someone some experience.  It used to be that many of those positions were filled by high school students looking to earn money for that first car or maybe for the "college fund".

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 04:22 PM by Dimson.)

(05-07-2021, 03:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:38 PM)Dimson Wrote: It is simple. One of two things need to happen if you want people to get back to work. Either increase the pay or get rid of the government unemployment subside.

$300 a week would equate to a job paying $7.25 an hour if they worked a normal schedule. The Florida minimum wage is already nearly $1.50 more than that, so by not working, people are automatically missing out on an additional $240 a month. I know for a fact the jobs I have seen advertising pay more than minimum wage, so even more money is being left on the table for those who choose not to work.

They make $300 a week ON TOP of what they make from unemployment. So it is not $7.25 an hour as you have calculated.

(05-07-2021, 03:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: These people don't understand that minimum wage will never keep up with the inflation that is coming, so it is really just an optics thing at this point. A fast food worker making $20 an hour will still live the same way as one currently making $10.

What misguided people on the left also don't understand is that a typical fast-food job is not meant to be a career.  It's an entry level position to give someone some experience.  It used to be that many of those positions were filled by high school students looking to earn money for that first car or maybe for the "college fund".
Why do you assume I am a leftist? lol.

(05-07-2021, 03:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:38 PM)Dimson Wrote: It is simple. One of two things need to happen if you want people to get back to work. Either increase the pay or get rid of the government unemployment subside.

I saw a report where a McDonalds was offering $50 just to show up for an interview.  There are reports in the financial news that employers can't even get "bad candidates" to show up for interviews.  The bottom line is people are lazy.

What do you expect? We have a nation full of people coming to the age where they should be entering the job force and they've never been told no their entire life. They have grown up in front of computer screens, Ipad screens and phone screens and they watch no-named idiots become rich and famous overnight. They see reality stars, Tik Tok stars and Youtube stars everywhere they go, making millions by doing nothing and they think they can do the same. Kids used to want to become doctors and lawyers, then it was movie and sports stars, then it was rappers and now it's social media stars. The laziness has progressively gotten worse over time.

(05-07-2021, 04:20 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 03:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: $300 a week would equate to a job paying $7.25 an hour if they worked a normal schedule. The Florida minimum wage is already nearly $1.50 more than that, so by not working, people are automatically missing out on an additional $240 a month. I know for a fact the jobs I have seen advertising pay more than minimum wage, so even more money is being left on the table for those who choose not to work.

They make $300 a week ON TOP of what they make from unemployment. So it is not $7.25 an hour as you have calculated.

(05-07-2021, 03:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: What misguided people on the left also don't understand is that a typical fast-food job is not meant to be a career.  It's an entry level position to give someone some experience.  It used to be that many of those positions were filled by high school students looking to earn money for that first car or maybe for the "college fund".

Based on your logic, fast food workers should be paid $20+ an hour to go back to work. Is that accurate?

(05-07-2021, 05:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 04:20 PM)Dimson Wrote: They make $300 a week ON TOP of what they make from unemployment. So it is not $7.25 an hour as you have calculated.

Based on your logic, fast food workers should be paid $20+ an hour to go back to work. Is that accurate?

If that happens, Big Macs and Whoppers will be $10 a piece and nobody could afford to eat there anymore. The restaurants would be forced to close down. The workers would be left with no job at all and poor people who can't cook would be dropping dead in the streets from starvation.

(05-07-2021, 10:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 05:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Based on your logic, fast food workers should be paid $20+ an hour to go back to work. Is that accurate?

If that happens, Big Macs and Whoppers will be $10 a piece and nobody could afford to eat there anymore. The restaurants would be forced to close down. The workers would be left with no job at all and poor people who can't cook would be dropping dead in the streets from starvation.

Na, this would juat expedite automation even more than it is already being expedited. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2018...d-orig.cnn