Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More post draft analysis

Not wanting to belabor a point...but this time of year is awful for football withdrawal.

This from Peter King and Mike Florio

https://youtu.be/O59HXP7BaZA

This from Pro Football Focus

https://youtu.be/RtRQ8fEwJjY

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tom Brady vs Jordan Smith LOL
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

The old guy likes RB in the first round, the young guys hate RB in the first round. Sounds about right.

(05-09-2021, 08:49 PM)Upper Wrote: The old guy likes RB in the first round, the young guys hate RB in the first round. Sounds about right.

Imo.. 

Fournette ground and pound, body worn out 3-5 years in type of player is a waste of a pick. 
However, Alvin Kamara/Mccafery type receiving guy with home run ability at the end of the first.. if he's real good, it's a good pick. He also should be able to keep off some wear and tear because of JR30.

Tavain banks was a great one but was destroyed out of bounds I also think this will happen again when we get a solid player dirty play come in to play
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

Drafts are drafts. In many cases teams don’t know what they truly have until they’re tested by fire.
The Etienne pick is a head scratcher. He may develop into one of the best in the game, or not. The point is we already had a proven commodity at that position. As one of the guys said, perhaps they just fell in love with the value. The question remains: Where does Etiennne fit in?

(05-10-2021, 04:17 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:49 PM)Upper Wrote: The old guy likes RB in the first round, the young guys hate RB in the first round. Sounds about right.

Imo.. 

Fournette ground and pound, body worn out 3-5 years in type of player is a waste of a pick. 
However, Alvin Kamara/Mccafery type receiving guy with home run ability at the end of the first.. if he's real good, it's a good pick. He also should be able to keep off some wear and tear because of JR30.

CMC hasn't exactly led the Panthers to much success, and now he is already very expensive and would be a major drain on the rest of the roster quality if they had a franchise QB.

And Kamara was taken in the third round, which is perfect. Day 2 is where you should be taking your RBs once you are a team ready to contend. Before that RB just doesn't matter whatsoever.

(05-10-2021, 08:52 AM)Upper Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:17 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Imo.. 

CMC hasn't exactly led the Panthers to much success, and now he is already very expensive and would be a major drain on the rest of the roster quality if they had a franchise QB.

And Kamara was taken in the third round, which is perfect. Day 2 is where you should be taking your RBs once you are a team ready to contend. Before that RB just doesn't matter whatsoever.

That couldn't have anything to do with horrible QB play...could it?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-10-2021, 11:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 08:52 AM)Upper Wrote: CMC hasn't exactly led the Panthers to much success, and now he is already very expensive and would be a major drain on the rest of the roster quality if they had a franchise QB.

Y'all are just making my points for me. You draft RB to finish builds, not at the beginning of them. There is no stronger example of putting the cart before the horse than drafting an RB high before you have your franchise QB in place.

(05-10-2021, 01:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 11:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: That couldn't have anything to do with horrible QB play...could it?

Y'all are just making my points for me. You draft RB to finish builds, not at the beginning of them. There is no stronger example of putting the cart before the horse than drafting an RB high before you have your franchise QB in place.

I may be mistaken, but didn't we just draft our franchise QB?

Boselli only played in 91 games which is equivalent to less than 6 seasons.  Based on your statement above, then he was pretty much a waste of a pick.

(05-10-2021, 01:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Boselli only played in 91 games which is equivalent to less than 6 seasons.  Based on your statement above, then he was pretty much a waste of a pick.

Based on my statement above running backs like fournette have a small window to be elite before their body wears down. Boselli being injury prone isn't common for this position.

I think a big question for me has become "What kind of career does Etienne have to have in order for him to earn that 1st round pick?"

Not even sure I know the answer to my own question lol

If he becomes an 8 year back who helps this team to continued playoff success, I think that I would be good with that pick.

One positive here for me is that we can essentially have Etienne for 5 years and never give him a 2nd contract.

(05-10-2021, 11:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 08:52 AM)Upper Wrote: CMC hasn't exactly led the Panthers to much success, and now he is already very expensive and would be a major drain on the rest of the roster quality if they had a franchise QB.

You're fightin an uphill battle

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-10-2021, 01:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 01:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Y'all are just making my points for me. You draft RB to finish builds, not at the beginning of them. There is no stronger example of putting the cart before the horse than drafting an RB high before you have your franchise QB in place.

I may be mistaken, but didn't we just draft our franchise QB?

My god you're really going to make me put all of these posts into one thing huh? What pedantry.

1. Never draft a RB in the first round. Even if you have a franchise QB on a rookie deal and 20 other pro bowl starters.
2. Don't worry about RB at all until your rebuild is in its later phases. Don't worry doesn't mean ignore: take some late swings and try to hit on a couple day 3/UDFA RB.
3. Once you have a team that is ready to compete (and if #2 didn't work out), you can draft RB on day 2. That's where the evidence shows you get the best blend of value and chance to hit.

(05-10-2021, 02:08 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 01:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I may be mistaken, but didn't we just draft our franchise QB?

My god you're really going to make me put all of these posts into one thing huh? What pedantry.

1. Never draft a RB in the first round. Even if you have a franchise QB on a rookie deal and 20 other pro bowl starters.
2. Don't worry about RB at all until your rebuild is in its later phases. Don't worry doesn't mean ignore: take some late swings and try to hit on a couple day 3/UDFA RB.
3. Once you have a team that is ready to compete (and if #2 didn't work out), you can draft RB on day 2. That's where the evidence shows you get the best blend of value and chance to hit.

KC took a RB in the first last year and if im not mistaken they went to the superbowl. And before you tell me their team is built, their defense is not that good..

(05-10-2021, 02:08 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 01:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I may be mistaken, but didn't we just draft our franchise QB?

I don't see how these are minor details when you just now had to modify your blanket statement from your previous post.  Let's just keep modifying your statement so you can be 'right'.  All before the guy has played a down.

(05-10-2021, 02:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:08 PM)Upper Wrote: My god you're really going to make me put all of these posts into one thing huh? What pedantry.

KC took a RB in the first last year and if im not mistaken they went to the superbowl. And before you tell me their team is built, their defense is not that good..
And yet I bet they wish they had drafted an Olinemen so they didn't get blown up in the Super Bowl.....

And CEH only played in the SB. Darrell Williams was their leading post season rusher.

You can hear the PFF guys trying to rationalize our picks because the 2-3 guys we picked after TLaw were kinda off. Time will tell if Urbs made the right choices.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 05:01 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(05-10-2021, 02:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: KC took a RB in the first last year and if im not mistaken they went to the superbowl. And before you tell me their team is built, their defense is not that good..
And yet I bet they wish they had drafted an Olinemen so they didn't get blown up in the Super Bowl.....

And CEH only played in the SB. Darrell Williams was their leading post season rusher.

Stop it. Sure, they aren't the 2000 Ravens but "not that good" to describe that defense, is kinda crazy. They also trotted out backups in week 17, Chad freakin Henne started in the blowout loss they suffered to a rising Chargers team. Prior to that game, the defense was only allowing 21 ppg, a top 8 unit in 2020 in points allowed. The Chiefs also finished 8th in takeaways, everything else is kinda irrelevant. A defense that holds teams to 21 ppg and creates a lot more possessions for your elite offense in the modern NFL is more than acceptable, in fact it's pretty impressive. Especially when you consider how much $ and talent is tied into their offense while maintaining a top 10 defense in terms of points allowed/turnovers. Give me that compared to what we have, please and thanks.