Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Schedule Predictions (MNF, etc.)

(05-11-2021, 02:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:25 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: List your predications related to the Jags schedule

1 Thursday Night game - Jags @ Jets (just hope we don't get the Jags vs Titans traditional Thursday night snoozer).
0 Monday Night games

Opening week - Jags @ Texans
London game - None due to Covid-19 (International travel still a risk)

Opening Week Thursday Night Feature Game - Cowboys @ Bucs
Thanksgiving Night Game - Bills @ Bucs

I wouldn't mind the Jags-Titans Thursday night game if it means now that we have Trevor Lawrence, we torch their secondary into oblivion. and beat them instead of Henry rushing for 200, including another 90+ yard run.

(05-10-2021, 07:01 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Expecting the usual TNF vs the Ti*ans. Think we may sneak an early SNF game with the Lawrence #1 pick angle. We have a few good opponents so could work.

With regards London, the NFL have said there will be 4 games but nothing else after that. Atlanta and Denver I think have said they are playing London games and i think we have Atlanta at some point. Also not sure if they still want 2 games in London again. 

Surely Lawrence and new HC should help ticket sales.

I don't think we get a SNF game until next year, unless somehow TL and the team as a whole exceeds expectations and then contends for a playoff spot this year and is flexed into the SNF slot late.

Otherwise, the networks take a wait and see approach to this team.

Yeah I agree it's a long shot. SNF still has its love affair with the NFC East no matter how bad it is. If we get another young QB early they may take a chance but like I said I think it's a long shot.

Bucs @ Pats this year which is guaranteed SNF

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone hearing anything about the schedule?

Only thing I have heard (and I am not sure how much credence to give to this) is that the London game will be against Miami.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 09:50 PM by mal234.)

An Nfl rumors account (which also sometimes posts factual information) is saying they are hearing it could be the Jags vs. Jets for week one. They are also saying that the Jags/Bengals game could be a primetime game. (Maybe that will be the Thursday night game).

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1392294776532344832

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1392286385491562496

(05-11-2021, 09:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Anyone hearing anything about the schedule?

Only thing I have heard (and I am not sure how much credence to give to this) is that the London game will be against Miami.

The schedule is being released tomorrow night. Not seen much but apparently 2 London games with Us and Atlanta hosting. No idea against who yet.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 10:38 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Jags vs Jets and Jags vs Bengals in primetime would make sense.

Jags vs 49ers in London --- oh no, I'm having flashbacks of being down 28-3 at halftime like the last time we played the 49ers in London with the final score being 49ers win 42-10. .... Note to self -- Gabbert Sucks !!!

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 10:59 PM by jessepeck1213.)

(05-11-2021, 10:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Jags vs Jets and Jags vs Bengals in primetime would make sense.

Jags vs 49ers in London --- oh no, I'm having flashbacks of being down 28-3 at halftime like the last time we played the 49ers in London with the final score being 49ers win 42-10. .... Note to self -- Gabbert Sucks !!!

I was at that game. Henneroid was the QB.

(05-11-2021, 09:49 PM)mal234 Wrote: An Nfl rumors account (which also sometimes posts factual information) is saying they are hearing it could be the Jags vs. Jets for week one. They are also saying that the Jags/Bengals game could be a primetime game. (Maybe that will be the Thursday night game).

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1392294776532344832

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1392286385491562496

Really hope it's jets vs jags week 1. I live in NY and would love to see Trevor's first game.

Broncos @ Giants week 1.

(05-11-2021, 10:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Anyone hearing anything about the schedule?

The schedule is being released tomorrow night. Not seen much but apparently 2 London games with Us and Atlanta hosting. No idea against who yet.
(05-11-2021, 10:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Jags vs Jets and Jags vs Bengals in primetime would make sense.

NFL will need to quickly boycott London games .... or will they?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

The Athletic is citing "sources" who say the Jags will host the Dolphins in London.

Dilla is saying week 1 @ Houston and week 2 Vs Denver.

(05-12-2021, 07:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dilla is saying week 1 @ Houston and week 2 Vs Denver.
Beat me to it. Looks like we have a good chance to be  2-0. Houston in shambles, Denver very winnable game.

(05-12-2021, 08:13 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 07:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dilla is saying week 1 @ Houston and week 2 Vs Denver.
Beat me to it. Looks like we have a good chance to be  2-0. Houston in shambles, Denver very winnable game.
Week 3 Cards
Week 4 Bengals (TNF)
Week 5 Tacks
Week 6 Fins (London)

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 09:04 AM by mal234.)

Here are a lot of matchups games for Week 1 for the NFL in general:

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1392448248087027714

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1392461616428593156

Also, it's being reported that the first Monday Night Football game of the season is the Ravens vs Raiders.

(05-12-2021, 08:13 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

That Week 1 game at the Texans is confirmed.  Just saw it on NFL Network.

That Denver game scares me.  Aside from QB, they have a lot of things going for them.  Excellent WR/Te group, a decent O-Line...a strong pass rush and a stronger secondary than last year.

I wonder, though.  Assuming we start off 2-0 and Trevor Lawrence is who we think he is, how long will it take for him to get the elite QB treatment from the refs?

Jags @ Texans (week 1) --- got one right

(05-12-2021, 09:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 08:13 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Beat me to it. Looks like we have a good chance to be  2-0. Houston in shambles, Denver very winnable game.

That Week 1 game at the Texans is confirmed.  Just saw it on NFL Network.

That Denver game scares me.  Aside from QB, they have a lot of things going for them.  Excellent WR/Te group, a decent O-Line...a strong pass rush and a stronger secondary than last year.

I wonder, though.  Assuming we start off 2-0 and Trevor Lawrence is who we think he is, how long will it take for him to get the elite QB treatment from the refs?

Gonna have to earn that elite QB treatment from the refs, won't be handed to him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-12-2021, 09:09 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:06 AM)Bullseye Wrote: That Week 1 game at the Texans is confirmed.  Just saw it on NFL Network.

Gonna have to earn that elite QB treatment from the refs, won't be handed to him..

Completely understood.  Just wonder at what point it will be earned.

I think we land 1 MNF game and 1 TNF this year. Hopefully 1 or 2 Sunday 4 PM games as well, especially playing the NFC West.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 09:14 AM by WingerDinger.)

(05-12-2021, 09:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:09 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gonna have to earn that elite QB treatment from the refs, won't be handed to him..

Completely understood.  Just wonder at what point it will be earned.

He's a Jag.. So.. a yellow jacket and a bronze bust..

(05-12-2021, 09:13 AM)rufftime Wrote: I think we land 1 MNF game and 1 TNF this year.  Hopefully 1 or 2 Sunday 4 PM games as well, especially playing the NFC West.

Don't all teams still get at least 1 TNF game?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-12-2021, 09:13 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Completely understood.  Just wonder at what point it will be earned.

He's a Jag.. So.. a yellow jacket and a bronze bust..

(05-12-2021, 09:13 AM)rufftime Wrote: I think we land 1 MNF game and 1 TNF this year.  Hopefully 1 or 2 Sunday 4 PM games as well, especially playing the NFC West.

Don't all teams still get at least 1 TNF game?
So in other words...in another 25 year or so?