Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ertz Update

https://nfltraderumors.co/zach-ertz-not-...g-to-otas/

Ertz may yet become available.

Even though he's older than I'd prefer, I'd be open for the Jaguars to sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal, or if he's eligible for waivers (not sure he is), claiming him off waivers and accepting the final year of his current deal.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He would not be eligible for the waiver process. If they release him, he would become a free agent.

(05-17-2021, 03:00 PM)ATLjag Wrote: He would not be eligible for the waiver process.  If they release him, he would become a free agent.

This is what I was thinking (too long in the league) but I was too lazy to look it up.

Perhaps the Kerrigan signing helps grease the skids for the Ertz departure.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...th-eagles/

I've been wanting Ertz since he was put on the trade block

I posted in some other thread a couple of Eagles beat writers tweets that think Ertz will be a post June 1 cut so they can spread the cap hit out. I wouldn't trade more than like a 6th rounder for him, but I would happily give him a FA deal if he is cut.

(05-17-2021, 09:40 PM)Upper Wrote: I posted in some other thread a couple of Eagles beat writers tweets that think Ertz will be a post June 1 cut so they can spread the cap hit out. I wouldn't trade more than like a 6th rounder for him, but I would happily give him a FA deal if he is cut.

If he is the Jags target and that is the Eagles plans, I think Jags have to make a trade. I don't see how the Jags are one of Ertz's top choices in FA.

(05-18-2021, 02:32 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 09:40 PM)Upper Wrote: I posted in some other thread a couple of Eagles beat writers tweets that think Ertz will be a post June 1 cut so they can spread the cap hit out. I wouldn't trade more than like a 6th rounder for him, but I would happily give him a FA deal if he is cut.

If he is the Jags target and that is the Eagles plans, I think Jags have to make a trade. I don't see how the Jags are one of Ertz's top choices in FA.

I think we'd have to pay above market value to get him.

I was reading during the draft that teams were calling about Ertz and the Eagles weren't backing off a 4th round pick for him. That's too high. They also said the Eagles had no intentions of releasing him. I wonder if that has changed?

Guys I think we have what we have at TE. With the Lawrence effect who knows what our TEs will put up this season.

(05-19-2021, 08:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Guys I think we have what we have at TE. With the Lawrence effect who knows what our TEs will put up this season.

Don't sleep on O'Shag. He thrived under Minshew Madness. Trevor can take him to the next level.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

He should go to the Chiefs or Bucs if he's smart.

(05-20-2021, 01:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 08:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Guys I think we have what we have at TE. With the Lawrence effect who knows what our TEs will put up this season.

Don't sleep on O'Shag. He thrived under Minshew Madness. Trevor can take him to the next level.

Thrived is quite the hyperbole.

I don't think the Eagles are going to release Ertz. I'd give them a third round pick, nothing higher.

(05-20-2021, 05:44 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 01:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Don't sleep on O'Shag. He thrived under Minshew Madness. Trevor can take him to the next level.

Thrived is quite the hyperbole.

Yeah.  It's a stretch. 

IIRC - it was pre-injury in 2019 when folks started to get excited about O'Shaughnessy's potential.

If you extrapolate his stats from the 5 starts he had that season to a full season, he'd have:

490 yds receiving on 45 caught balls and 6.5 TDs 

Solid. Good TE2 numbers. 
Nothing to make your front office shy away from pursuing a true F-TE.

Per SportsLine, here are the current favorites to land Ertz in a trade...

Bills +200
Colts +300
Chargers +400
Seahawks +400
Cardinals +500
Panthers +700
Jaguars +700
Rams +900
Washington +1000

Go jags 700

He'd be a great fit for the Jags -- young franchise quarterback developing, Urban's offense utilizes a pass-catching mobile TE, and it would bridge the gap until they have their next tight end (Ertz doesn't have a lot of mileage left). They could make TE more of a priority in the next couple of drafts.

I could only hope he'd come here/FO wants him here. Not gonna happen.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 07:08 PM by mal234.)

Jeff Darlington on SportsCenter today talked a little more about the Eagles possibly moving Ertz. He said that talks have cooled down in recent weeks, but that the Eagles really would rather trade him and get something in return for him. He mentioned them wanting a mid round pick, and said that at least three teams have been looking to get him so far.

The Chargers who he had said almost got him and the Colts were two of the teams he mentioned that had looked into getting Ertz. He didn't say who the third team was. Maybe the Eagles will eventually trade him, even if it means they have to come down on their original asking price for him. The Jags could possibly still have a chance to get him and maybe could make a deal.

(06-02-2021, 04:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I could only hope he'd come here/FO wants him here. Not gonna happen.

Trevor Lawrence needs to make a phone call to Ertz and Urban, and get the ball rolling.

I’m sure Ertz will be looking for the most money, while looking for a team with a good QB.