Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Highlights of Jaguars Minicamp

Good recap from Mia here:

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/s...9c48f2e9c7

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 07:41 PM by mal234.)

(06-08-2021, 06:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good recap from Mia here:

Here is another recap that provides even more details from John Shipley:

Jacksonville Jaguars OTA No. 8 Notebook: Lawrence Limited, Shenault Flashes and Secondary Dominates - Sports Illustrated Jacksonville Jaguars News, Analysis and More

Some things I think are interesting from this report from John is how Marvin Jones was a consistent target for the QB's. John mentioned how Gardner in particuluar seemed to favor him. There also continues to be a lot of positive talk about Laviska, which I am glad to hear and he also talks about how well the defense played today including Sidney Jones.

It sounds like Joe Cullen is also having a nice influence on the defense. Also, CJ Beathard continues to struggle and things are quiet on the Tebow front. Though this seems to be a really quiet OTAs from the Jags in general. It seems like other teams are showcasing their players more than the Jags have been doing.  (And that's even factoring in the Tebow factor).

Here is some footage from today's OTA's practice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nKfMd0kV0Y

(06-08-2021, 07:38 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 06:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good recap from Mia here:

Here is another recap that provides even more details from John Shipley:

Jacksonville Jaguars OTA No. 8 Notebook: Lawrence Limited, Shenault Flashes and Secondary Dominates - Sports Illustrated Jacksonville Jaguars News, Analysis and More

Some things I think are interesting from this report from John is how Marvin Jones was a consistent target for the QB's. John mentioned how Gardner in particuluar seemed to favor him. There also continues to be a lot of positive talk about Laviska, which I am glad to hear and he also talks about how well the defense played today including Sidney Jones.

It sounds like Joe Cullen is also having a nice influence on the defense. Also, CJ Beathard continues to struggle and things are quiet on the Tebow front. Though this seems to be a really quiet OTAs from the Jags in general. It seems like other teams are showcasing their players more than the Jags have been doing.  (And that's even factoring in the Tebow factor).
Shipley is awesome. He’s a great follow.

Thanks for the link to the SI articles. There was a really good one that talked about how players are responding to the improved facilities. That's the kind of stuff that I am glad to see Urban bringing to the table.

(06-08-2021, 08:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 07:38 PM)mal234 Wrote: Here is another recap that provides even more details from John Shipley:

Shipley is awesome. He’s a great follow.

I like Shipley. He's come a long way.

I remember years back when he wrote for the Palatka paper and started a twitter thread complaining about a Jags coordinator running too many screens.  He posted like 10 gifs of the plays he was complaining about and 4 or 5 were not screen plays at all. Just basic RB swing passes or quick outs and not screens in any respect. Not a block in sight. 

Anyway -  the football IQ has improved a great deal and I like his balance of being a fan to a small degree and an objective reporter at the same time. I know that's contradictory, but he strikes a balance with it somehow.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 06:07 PM by mal234.)

Here is another short video showing clips from the Jags OTA's the other day. I like that we get to see more of the throws/catches in this one and some nice moves made by the players:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1402612443189239811

Ready to see some updates from today OTAs

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2021, 09:06 AM by mal234.)

(06-10-2021, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ready to see some updates from today OTAs

I hope we get coverage of OTA's today. It feels like the Jags have on the stingy side with giving us coverage of them. I feel like other teams have been doing a better job of providing fans with information regarding their OTAs. (And possibly allowing media access) I hope today's practice isn't another one that is closed to the media. I don't think they've let the local media cover consecutive practices this year. If we don't get any updates today we have to wait another five days until mandatory minicamp begins.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021, 10:37 AM by mal234.)

The Jaguars have brought in WR Laquon Treadwell as one of four tryout players participating in Jaguars minicamp starting today:

https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/14...7207428096

Here are the other three tryout players at today's camp:

Mark Long on Twitter: "Others: CB Simenon Thomas CB KeiVarae Russell OT Jerald Hawkins" / Twitter

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021, 06:29 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

Trevor is healing right, right???

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2021, 11:58 AM by mal234.)

We are getting some more coverage of mandatory minicamp today. I have also seen a couple of reporters say this is the last day of it. Though I thought they had three days. But maybe this is the last day that the media will have access to it.

It sounds like the offense is having a nice day so far. Trevor had a good period and made some nice throws including at least one TD. It sounds like Gardner is having a nice day as well, and has had at least two TDs so far. He threw one to Etienne, caught one by Phillip Dorsett. It also sounds like CJ Beathard has thrown a couple of TD passes today so far as well. 

https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/14...7279963142

https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1404823562674974725

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...4833408000

(06-15-2021, 11:55 AM)mal234 Wrote: We are getting some more coverage of mandatory minicamp today. I have also seen a couple of reporters say this is the last day of it. Though I thought they had three days. But maybe this is the last day that the media will have access to it.

They announced over the weekend that they were shortening the camp to two days.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2021, 12:13 PM by mal234.)

(06-15-2021, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 11:55 AM)mal234 Wrote: We are getting some more coverage of mandatory minicamp today. I have also seen a couple of reporters say this is the last day of it. Though I thought they had three days. But maybe this is the last day that the media will have access to it.

They announced over the weekend that they were shortening the camp to two days.

Okay thanks for the information. I wonder why they did that. At least they did get some work in and by most reports I've seen the offense looked good today.

Mia O'Brien on Twitter: "Minshew ballin. TLaw is a Wizard ? ^ this is my Day Two analysis. CJB also had arguably his best day of off-season workouts #Jaguars | @FCN2go" / Twitter

OTOH, I'm not so sure about the defense today. I did see a video of Joe Cullen getting on some of them during reps. I was going to post it, but it had profanity in it, lol. But it's on Jamal St Cyr's twitter page if anyone wants to see it.

It's the weirdest feeling that for the first time in over 20 years, the quarterback position is the one I am least worried about with this team.

Lawrence has a sense of calm about him that seems to be rubbing off on me.

Things I am intrigued to see when training camp starts:

1. Running back snaps.
2. Tight end snaps.
3. How the secondary roles will start to take shape.
4. Pass rush.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2021, 12:44 PM by mal234.)

One competition that I feel is flying under the radar is the one for Kicker. Granted Josh has been very reliable and he's one that has earned some job security on this team (unless he really struggles later on). But it sounds like it's a real competition for him and Aldrick Rosas going on. That's interesting. I could definitely see Josh winning and I would rather that happen. But it's nice to know that Aldrick is performing well too, though I do think if the Jags don't keep him he will be picked up by some other team at some point. Possibly sooner than later.

Bevell, Cullen, Sorenson and Charlie Strong talking to media today:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/14048...35395?s=20