Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PGA Championship

How about old Phil.

Pretty damn impressive so far.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he can hold this lead going into tomorrow, the old man has a good chance to win it. He’s looking focused.

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2021, 04:35 PM by RicoTx.)

Interesting thing is this all started after a horrible string of holes on Thursday.

On another note, did you see Cameron Tringale blow up yesterday?

No. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to watch much. I can say that giving ESPN rights to cover a major was the worst possible decision. They absolutely suck at covering golf.

(05-22-2021, 04:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to watch much. I can say that giving ESPN rights to cover a major was the worst possible decision. They absolutely suck at covering golf.

He went from -3 on the 11th hole to +10 by 18.

Good gawd. Talk about a meltdown.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/ca...ar-AAKfweJ

Course should play like a completely different course today with the wind change. One of the best major venues on tour.

Hope Lefty holds on, but this is prime for Koepka.

I like Koepka to win it as well. Might depend on his knees. Plus, Phil started his run on Friday when it was real windy. Plus, Shrek is still right there.

It'll be interesting.

If Phil stumbles I would like to see Oosthuizen take it. He’s always been of my favorites, mainly because he has a swing that I would most like to emulate. Plus I just like Louis’s demeanor on the course.

Henrik Stenson snapped a club shaft in anger. Thankfully it wasn't his 3 wood.

That didn't take long. 1 hole.SMH.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 02:55 PM by RicoTx.)

I could be dead wrong, but I'll bet Mickelson folds.  Generally the 'older players' have trouble maintaining for all four rounds.  I remember Couples in a few majors when he was 50ish and just couldn't hang with the young guns after three solid rounds.

Mickelson hit a 2-wood on the second hole.  I can't recall the last time I even heard anybody SAY 2-wood, let alone use one.

Wow!

That changed in a hurry.

This could end up being whoever [BLEEP] up the least.

Good Lord Phil....

Holy [BLEEP].

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 03:25 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Wow

Would love to see this course host an Open with higher rough and quicker greens. Would be a massacre.

Nice bird by Phil to recover, follows with a solid tee shot on #8. Playing under control is good for him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

2 shot lead at the turn. What an exciting tournament this turned out to be.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato