Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "I was wrong" thread

(05-27-2021, 04:59 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 04:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: No dumb [BLEEP], it's because you continued to insist that any ship which carries aircraft is as strategically capable as another. You led your argument with ignorance and bolstered it with bilge.

That's not what I said but OK.
I said we have more than enough ships that carry airplanes.
And more than enough that carry helicopters.
More than enough of both.  Of all.
Do you dispute that? Do you think we need more?
Google counted the helicopter carriers as aircraft carriers.  I should have been more careful before I copied something off of Google, but they're the ones who lumped the two together, not me.
If you were a non-toxic conversation partner, you would say, "OK, dumb mistake, but I think the number of ships we have is _______.". Excessive? Just right? Not enough? Any of those answers would have been on topic and respectful.
But you are toxic because you look for any excuse to make the conversation about the poster instead.

So in other words, your ignorance believed Google regarding aircraft carriers.

We don't have enough actually.  The one carrier that we have in the South China Sea theater is being deployed to the middle east.  That leaves no carrier there due to operational rotation.  That's really not a good thing considering today's world military presence.

The carrier that it's relieving needs to get back home for necessary repairs and maintenance.

Of course, liberal democrat "google warriors" like you will never understand the significance or need for ship movements, especially since you have never served.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-26-2021, 04:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 03:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: As far as I'm concerned, this thread is just MikeSez stirring the pot since he's hasn't even posted yet.

He’s going to point fingers at everyone else being wrong, while actually admitting none of his own.

It's like you could see the future, except that his admission would make it clear that he's better than everyone else.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-26-2021, 04:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 03:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: As far as I'm concerned, this thread is just MikeSez stirring the pot since he's hasn't even posted yet.

He’s going to point fingers at everyone else being wrong, while actually admitting none of his own.

The fact he started this thread without a mea culpa says everything you need to know about his character.

(05-29-2021, 10:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 04:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: He’s going to point fingers at everyone else being wrong, while actually admitting none of his own.

The fact he started this thread without a mea culpa says everything you need to know about his character.
Tell me what I owe you an apology for, and I'll apologize.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-29-2021, 12:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 10:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The fact he started this thread without a mea culpa says everything you need to know about his character.

Does this help you to understand?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-29-2021, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 12:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Tell me what I owe you an apology for, and I'll apologize.

Does this help you to understand?

So I should have apologized at the start of the thread? For what?

(05-29-2021, 08:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Does this help you to understand?

Mea culpa is admitting to being wrong...you know, the whole premise of your silly thread.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-29-2021, 08:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 08:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: So I should have apologized at the start of the thread? For what?

Mea culpa is admitting to being wrong...you know, the whole premise of your silly thread.

I guess the Jungle's Smartest Poster didn't take Latin?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-29-2021, 09:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 08:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Mea culpa is admitting to being wrong...you know, the whole premise of your silly thread.

I guess the Jungle's Smartest Poster didn't take Latin?

Apparently the University of Wikipedia let him down again. Laughing

I kick myself every time I give Mike the benefit of the doubt. I would have bet he was going to say he was wrong about the lab leak. The timing worked. Instead, you get a milquetoast "wrong" followed by a backhanded attack on people with which he disagrees. This is so representative of his positions on arguments. Sorry I posted in this thread, honestly.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2021, 03:45 PM by mikesez.)

(05-29-2021, 08:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 08:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: So I should have apologized at the start of the thread? For what?

1) mea culpa is confessing to any sin, not just being wrong, 
2) I said at the beginning of the thread that I would admit to being wrong about stuff, just not right away
3) If I had put it all out there at the beginning, that would have been come across even more self righteous and pompous than you think this is.

(05-29-2021, 10:09 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I kick myself every time I give Mike the benefit of the doubt. I would have bet he was going to say he was wrong about the lab leak. The timing worked. Instead, you get a milquetoast "wrong" followed by a backhanded attack on people with which he disagrees. This is so representative of his positions on arguments. Sorry I posted in this thread, honestly.

I never said Covid didn't come from a lab leak, though. I've never had an opinion of the origins of Covid. I might have said it was unlikely to have been intentionally released by the Chinese government, because the Chinese didn't have any vaccine at first. But I never ruled out an accident.

(05-29-2021, 11:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 08:57 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Mea culpa is admitting to being wrong...you know, the whole premise of your silly thread.

2) I said at the beginning of the thread that I would admit to being wrong about stuff, just not right away
3) If I had put it all out there at the beginning, that would have been come across even more self righteous and pompous than you think this is.
(05-29-2021, 12:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 10:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The fact he started this thread without a mea culpa says everything you need to know about his character.

(05-29-2021, 08:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Does this help you to understand?

So you’re gonna just pretend you weren’t trying to say mea culpa meant apology? Shocker! Rolleyes

He should have "I'm sorry" tattooed on his forehead

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-29-2021, 11:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:

1)  We don't care what you did with your cousin that night at the cabin.
2)  It's a message board thread, not a multi-step therapy session.
3)  Even more self righteous and pompous?  My first thought was how is that possible?  Upon further reflection, I realize that if anyone can pull it off, it's you.

PS  I noticed your reputation has recently improved to almost neutral.  Congratulations, when did your mom join the board?

(05-29-2021, 11:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 11:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: 1) mea culpa is confessing to any sin, not just being wrong, 
(05-29-2021, 12:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Tell me what I owe you an apology for, and I'll apologize.

So you’re gonna just pretend you weren’t trying to say mea culpa meant apology? Shocker! Rolleyes

"I apologize" and "I was wrong" are basically the same thing. Is it even possible to say one without implying the other?
And you call me petty.

(05-30-2021, 01:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 11:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So you’re gonna just pretend you weren’t trying to say mea culpa meant apology? Shocker! Rolleyes

"I apologize" and "I was wrong" are basically the same thing. Is it even possible to say one without implying the other?
And you call me petty.

An apology implies you did something to hurt or offend someone else. You can be wrong about something without it being either of those things. Example: I always thought the lyrics to Blinded by the Light were “Wrapped up like a douche” when it was actually “revved up like a deuce”. Totally not an apology. There is a difference, and yes, I still call you petty.

(05-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 01:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: "I apologize" and "I was wrong" are basically the same thing. Is it even possible to say one without implying the other?
And you call me petty.

An apology implies you did something to hurt or offend someone else. You can be wrong about something without it being either of those things. Example: I always thought the lyrics to Blinded by the Light were “Wrapped up like a douche” when it was actually “revved up like a deuce”. Totally not an apology. There is a difference, and yes, I still call you petty.

Right, but this is the politics forum, and the stuff we discuss affects people, for good and bad, a little bit more than song lyrics.

(05-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 01:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: "I apologize" and "I was wrong" are basically the same thing. Is it even possible to say one without implying the other?
And you call me petty.

lololol

Why are you bothering? lol

Dude prolly eats rocks because wiki said it was full of minerals lolol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-30-2021, 03:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: An apology implies you did something to hurt or offend someone else. You can be wrong about something without it being either of those things. Example: I always thought the lyrics to Blinded by the Light were “Wrapped up like a douche” when it was actually “revved up like a deuce”. Totally not an apology. There is a difference, and yes, I still call you petty.

Right, but this is the politics forum, and the stuff we discuss affects people, for good and bad, a little bit more than song lyrics.

If you're that troubled by the discussions in this forum, you should probably withdraw and seek professional help.

FYI  There are numerous song lyrics, both current and from earlier generations, that many find disturbing for a variety of racial, sexual and social reasons.

(05-30-2021, 03:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: An apology implies you did something to hurt or offend someone else. You can be wrong about something without it being either of those things. Example: I always thought the lyrics to Blinded by the Light were “Wrapped up like a douche” when it was actually “revved up like a deuce”. Totally not an apology. There is a difference, and yes, I still call you petty.

Doesn’t change the facts, no matter how much you try to spin it.

(05-30-2021, 03:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

lololol

Why are you bothering? lol

Dude prolly eats rocks because wiki said it was full of minerals lolol

Cuz it’s fun to watch the constant spin! Laughing