Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "I was wrong" thread

Mike meant to name this the "The "I can't admit I was wrong" thread

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-30-2021, 04:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: Right, but this is the politics forum, and the stuff we discuss affects people, for good and bad, a little bit more than song lyrics.

If you're that troubled by the discussions in this forum, you should probably withdraw and seek professional help.

FYI  There are numerous song lyrics, both current and from earlier generations, that many find disturbing for a variety of racial, sexual and social reasons.

I'm not bothered.
But this is where we discuss who goes to jail, who gets missiles lobbed at their house, etc. You know. Important stuff.  More important than even the most provocative song lyrics.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 01:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: "I apologize" and "I was wrong" are basically the same thing. Is it even possible to say one without implying the other?
And you call me petty.

An apology implies you did something to hurt or offend someone else. You can be wrong about something without it being either of those things. Example: I always thought the lyrics to Blinded by the Light were “Wrapped up like a douche” when it was actually “revved up like a deuce”. Totally not an apology. There is a difference, and yes, I still call you petty.

Interesting.  I have always known the lyrics were “revved up like a deuce” AND likewise, the originator of this thread is a douche.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

https://youtu.be/PGNiXGX2nLU
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-30-2021, 05:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 04:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote: If you're that troubled by the discussions in this forum, you should probably withdraw and seek professional help.

FYI  There are numerous song lyrics, both current and from earlier generations, that many find disturbing for a variety of racial, sexual and social reasons.

I'm not bothered.
But this is where we discuss who goes to jail, who gets missiles lobbed at their house, etc. You know. Important stuff.  More important than even the most provocative song lyrics.

LOL.  Yeah, there's a lot of important stuff in this thread.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-30-2021, 10:20 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 05:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm not bothered.

LOL.  Yeah, there's a lot of important stuff in this thread.
We discuss important stuff in other threads in this sub-forum.
I thought this particular thread would have a lot of important stuff come up, but, I was wrong.

Mikesez: "I thought you all would finally understand how great I am, but I was wrong."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

When I was a little bitty boy
My grandmother bought me a cute little toy
Silver Mikesez, hanging on a string
She told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling, oh

My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling, I want you to play with my ding-a-ling!
My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling, I want you to play with my ding-a-ling!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-31-2021, 09:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Mikesez: "I thought you all would finally understand how great I am, but I was wrong."

Nah, that'll be in the "I was right" thread that Ronster is going to start.

Now now, this thread is about the adoration you were seeking and the chance for you to backhand your opponents with your snarky genius. Let's not stray to Ronster's failings when we're still unpacking the 120x120 climate controlled, self storage garage full of your own.

"Be teachable, you are not always right." 

A quote I read this morning and thought I would drop it here. Enjoy learning something new. You might surprise yourself.

(06-02-2021, 08:50 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: "Be teachable, you are not always right." 

A quote I read this morning and thought I would drop it here. Enjoy learning something new. You might surprise yourself.

Exactly.
Easy to say, wish it were easier to live by.

(06-02-2021, 11:09 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 08:50 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: "Be teachable, you are not always right." 

Exactly.

Well, keep trying. You'll get there someday.

(06-02-2021, 11:09 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Exactly.

Why do you find it difficult to live by?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-02-2021, 12:31 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 11:09 AM)mikesez Wrote: Exactly.

Give him a minute.. He's googling.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-02-2021, 12:31 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Because it means you have to be able to agree that you were wrong about something, something he's really incapable of doing without it being some type of disingenuous bait for a Gotcha! trap.

(06-02-2021, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Well, keep trying. You'll get there someday.

You too, buddy!

(06-02-2021, 01:37 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, keep trying. You'll get there someday.

You too, buddy!

I'm not the one starting threads to make myself look good...

(06-02-2021, 01:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 01:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: You too, buddy!

I'm not the one starting threads to make myself look good...

That wasn't my intent at all but OK. 
My intent was to lower the temperature around here.

(06-02-2021, 01:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 01:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not the one starting threads to make myself look good...

That wasn't my intent at all but OK. 
My intent was to lower the temperature around here.

Lol, your intent was to get everyone else talking about what they were wrong about so you could in turn claim you were right about it. Then you just turned it into an "I can't believe how dumb you people are" rant.