Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
League Wide Predictions

Okay...today I have made posts about Tebow, pizza, Mexican food and alcohol.  I am officially bored out of my mind and want some more substantive football talk.

In my effort to achieve this result, I am offering my season predictions for the entire league....starting by divisions.

AFC East

1.  Buffalo (13-4)
2.  Miami  (12-5)
3.  New England (8-9)
4.  N.Y. Jets (6-11)

AFC North

1.  Cleveland (12-5)
2.  Baltimore (11-6
3.  Cincinnati (7-10)
4.  Pittsburgh (6-11)

AFC South

1.  Tennessee (11-6)
2.  Indianapolis (10-7)
3.  Jacksonville (6-11)
4.  Houston (2-15

AFC West

1.  Kansas City (13-4)
2.  L.A. Chargers (10-7)
3.  Las Vegas Raiders (8-9)
4.  Denver (6-11)

NFC East

1.  Washington Football Team (10-7)
2.  Dallas (9-8)
3.  N.Y. Giants (8-9)
4.  Philadelphia (5-12)

NFC North

1.  Minnesota (10-7)
2.  Chicago (9-8)
3.  Detroit (7-10)
4.  Green Bay (5-12)-Obviously assumes no Aaron Rodgers

NFC West

1.  San Francisco (13-4)
2.  Los Angeles Rams (12-5)
3.  Seattle (9-8)
4.  Arizona (7-10)

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 09:58 PM by RicoTx.)

Thanks for putting in the time.

Good review but I just don't see the Fins as that good.  I don't see Tua as any kind of 'answer'.

That effects all of your rankings and I don't have the patience Smile to dig into everything else in as much detail.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-29-2021, 09:57 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Thanks for putting in the time.

Good review but I just don't see the Fins as that good.  I don't see Tua as any kind of 'answer'.

That effects all of your rankings and I don't have the patience Smile to dig into everything else in as much detail.

Not too much time put into it...just general impressions based off last year's performances and what I recall of free agency and the draft.  Should have done more research, TBH, like a more thorough schedule review, for instance.  Just felt bad posting all that extraneous stuff without posting football content (Tebow notwithstanding),

So what you are saying is we have a chance!!

(05-29-2021, 11:38 PM)surfon Wrote: So what you are saying is we have a chance!!

We have Trevo Lawrence, good WRs and good RBs.  If we can protect Trevor Lawrence...hell yes we have a chance and will for the foreseeable future!

I loved typing that!!!

(05-30-2021, 12:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 11:38 PM)surfon Wrote: So what you are saying is we have a chance!!

We have Trevo Lawrence, good WRs and good RBs.  If we can protect Trevor Lawrence...hell yes we have a chance and will for the foreseeable future!

I loved typing that!!!

We have a chance because you left out the GOAT in the OP.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-30-2021, 12:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

I loved typing that!!!

Hehe lol i agree.  Yea ya did forget the nfc south.

D'oh. I knew something was amiss...

NFC South

1. Tampa Bay (13-4) Ordinarily I would consider a team with this many older players ripe for a downfall. But as long as Brady is there, I can't underestimate him. or count them out.
2. New Orleans (11-6) Winston is no Brees, but in light of Brees' decline last year, that cuts both ways.
3. Carolina (8-9 Caroina has some things going for it. Could surprise this year
4. Atlanta (8-9) has a lot going for it on offense, even if they get rid of Julio Jones.

can you give us one more please bullseye. who wins this years super bowl.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Just read an article on cbs sports predicting five wins for us. Houston twice, atl, cinc, and jets. Boo on them. Not suprised but boo.

I think Detroit are really going to struggle this year. Probably be picking in the top 3 in next years draft.

My Predictions: (This is assuming Rodgers plays for Green Bay this year)

AFC North
BAL 15-2
CLE 12-5
PIT 9-8
CIN 4-13

AFC South: 
TEN 11-6
IND 10-7
JAX 8-9
HOU 2-15

AFC East:
BUF 15-2
MIA 10-7
NE 4-13
NYJ 4-13

AFC West: 
KC 16-1
LAC 11-6
LV 10-7
DEN 3-14

NFC North:
GB 13-4
MIN 10-7
CHI 8-9
DET 1-16

NFC South: 
TB 13-4
NO 9-8
ATL 6-11
CAR 3-14

NFC East:
DAL 13-4
NYG 5-12
WAS 4-13
PHI 2-15

NFC West: 
SEA 13-4
LA 11-6
ARI 9-8
SF 8-9

I've run numerous Monte Carlo simulations. All have the Jags going undefeated and winning the Super Bowl.

(05-30-2021, 04:56 PM)Brindle91 Wrote: I think Detroit are really going to struggle this year. Probably be picking in the top 3 in next years draft.

I would love to hear your reasonings for this.

To me, they took a step back at QB by trading Stafford for Goff.  I am not a huge fan of Goff at all.  I also think they have issues at WR.

Furthermore, I am unsure about Dan Campbell as a head coach.  If the draft strategy is reflective of his overall philosophy, I think the Lions are on the right track, but I don't know what kind of game day decisions he will make.

I think once Aarn Rodgers leaves, the division will be fought primarily between Chicago and Detroit for years to come.

(05-30-2021, 04:24 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: can you give us one more please bullseye. who wins this years super bowl.

Meant to do it when I first offered this, but got sidetracked.

In the AFC, I get the sense this is Buffahole's year, as much as I hate to admit that.  I actually think Cleveland is the stronger team overall between the two, but I think Cleveland has the more difficult schedule and it will cost them playoff positioning.

Kansas City is still very much a threat as long as Mahomes is upright and they have all that talent at the skill players.  But I wonder just how effective that OL is going to be having replaced so many players.

As long as Brady is there in Tampa, the Bucs will be a threat to win it all.  I think San Francisco is poised for a bounce back year, as last year they were beset by injuries.  They may be the most complete team in the NFC.  They can run the ball with the best of them, can pass the ball well due to an excellent group of skill players.  When healthy, they have a very strong defensive line, and they are younger at many key positions than Tampa.

Green Bay is set for a crash, especially if Rodgers does not play for them.  Washington has a very strong defense, but has too many offensive deficiencies to challenge this year.  If they upgrade Fitzpatrick at QB, look out for them though.

My pre memorial day pick for the SUper Bowl?  Buffahole v. San Francisco.

(05-30-2021, 06:13 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: My Predictions: (This is assuming Rodgers plays for Green Bay this year)

AFC North
BAL 15-2
CLE 12-5
PIT 9-8
CIN 4-13

AFC South: 
TEN 11-6
IND 10-7
JAX 8-9
HOU 2-15

AFC East:
BUF 15-2
MIA 10-7
NE 4-13
NYJ 4-13

AFC West: 
KC 16-1
LAC 11-6
LV 10-7
DEN 3-14

NFC North:
GB 13-4
MIN 10-7
CHI 8-9
DET 1-16

NFC South: 
TB 13-4
NO 9-8
ATL 6-11
CAR 3-14

NFC East:
DAL 13-4
NYG 5-12
WAS 4-13
PHI 2-15

NFC West: 
SEA 13-4
LA 11-6
ARI 9-8
SF 8-9

Why do you see Baltimore making such a leap?

thank you for answering my question bullseye.  That will help me prepare myself to listen to all of the bills fans at sports bar here in north caronlina this season.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(05-30-2021, 10:57 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: thank you for answering my question bullseye.  That will help me prepare myself to listen to all of the bills fans at sports bar here in north caronlina this season.

Although Buffahole has not won it all yet, to me they have done a damn near perfect job building that team and developing Josh Allen.  In terms of raw physical ability/arm strength, he is the closest thing to Elway I've seen.

But coming into the league, he was very unrefined.  His accuracy was atrocious.

But the team was patient with him and worked on his mechanics for three years.  They built the offensive line decently and put an outstanding group of receivers and coaches around him.  Now he is among the top 5-10 (on the far low end) QBs in the league.  Trevor Lawrence is further along in his development at this stage of his career than Allen was at a similar point, but if TL is at Joh Allen's level of development now after three seasons in the league, Jaguars fans should be thrilled.  

They have added studs to the defense, and unlike us a few years ago, they actually managed to retain some of their key defensive personnel.  They are really well coached too.

They've had minor drafting missteps, but no flat out busts over the past few years.

Right now, they are a very well run organization.

Nice post bullseye

(05-31-2021, 08:15 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Nice post bullseye

Thanks JF24!