Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, what's going to happen with Minshew?

I have to be honest, this franchise has done a horrible job at handling players.

Here’s a guy that could be one of the best backups in the league and he’s not at OTAs

Maybe he knows Tebow ain’t a TE. On a serious note, man we have a to get a wrap around these players being mishandled.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2021, 08:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I have to be honest, this franchise has done a horrible job at handling players.

Here’s a guy that could be one of the best backups in the league and he’s not at OTAs

Maybe he knows Tebow ain’t a TE. On a serious note, man we have a to get a wrap around these players being mishandled.

He's probably just stuck on the side of some dirt road with a blown out camper tire.. Dude will be there...

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-04-2021, 08:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I have to be honest, this franchise has done a horrible job at handling players.

100%. The amount of players who sign a 2nd contract should tell you everything. Linder, Jack and Smoot. I think that's it

And with the talent weve had in the place. Sports have changed now and you have to meet players more than half way now. I don't like it but it's how it is

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 10:08 PM by mal234.)

I think he's been upset for a while now. But I also wonder if something happened during Tuesday OTA's practice that was a tipping point for him. He was at Tuesday's OTAs but didn't show up for Thursday's. I also think that OTA's may have been going on today (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) though if it is, I think it's closed to the media. (Like Tuesday's was). 

Things could even more shaky (and interesting) if he also doesn't show up to Monday's OTA's. Urban says he will be there, but I wonder if he shows up.

Who cares? Dude has become a caricature.

(06-04-2021, 08:25 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: My best guess is, Minshew will be weighed during the pre-season.. If a team offers up a decent deal for Minshew, will that outweigh his value as a backup QB..

If they are smart, they will do everything to make Minshew shine in the pre season. That way they can maximize his trade value.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Willl he be a free agent after this season or is it next?

Well they do need the 15 jersey...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-05-2021, 07:10 AM)surfon Wrote: Willl he be a free agent after this season or is it next?

He will be a free agent after next season.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 11:50 AM by mal234.)

On Sportscenter today NFL insider Jeff Darlington talked a bit more about Gardner and his current situation with the Jags.

He said that Gardner doesn't appear happy there and that he hasn't been at all of the OTA's. (I wonder if he's missed another one, that the media didn't attend). He also said that the Jags explored trading Gardner a couple of months ago. He confirmed that the 49ers were one of the teams that were looking into trying to get Gardner before the draft. He also said he talked to a lot of coaches in the league who have said they would love to have Gardner on the team, at the very least as a backup and also mentioned there were coaches/teams who also would like having him come in and compete for a starting position.

He also mentioned these teams think they could get Gardner for a like a 5th. I think that might be a big reason why he hasn't been traded yet by the Jags. The Jags could be wanting higher compensation for him and that might be factoring into why they are still holding onto him.

2,259 yards, 16 TD's and a 1-15 record tells me that I don't care if Gardner is upset..

(06-05-2021, 11:47 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: 2,259 yards, 16 TD's and a 1-15 record tells me that I don't care if Gardner is upset..

All of those losses aren't on him, lol. Remember Doug kept him on the bench after he was medically cleared to play. He didn't play like almost half of last season. Stuff like his TD to INT overall ratio is pretty good all things considering.

It seems like some people including Jags fans, and people that don't like him continue to undervalue him. But he's pretty valuable, other coaches and teams know it, and so does he. I do feel like maybe the Jags feel like they were being lowballed on offers for him and that might be why be a big reason why he hasn't been moved yet. Though, maybe one reason some teams were only willing to offer like a 5th is because they thought that the Jags would part with him more easily. Especially since they now have Trevor, signed CJ to guaranteed money, were talking to Alex Smith/other QB's. The Jags were making it seem like they were going to move off of him even as a backup for this team. So I could see where maybe other teams thought they could get him more cheaply.

It's OTA's, wake me up if he's still doing this come TC. Lawrence is our guy behind center, nothing else matters.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(06-05-2021, 11:56 AM)mal234 Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 11:47 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: 2,259 yards, 16 TD's and a 1-15 record tells me that I don't care if Gardner is upset..

All of those losses aren't on him, lol. Remember Doug kept him on the bench after he was medically cleared to play. He didn't play like almost half of last season. Stuff like his TD to INT overall ratio is pretty good all things considering.

It seems like some people including Jags fans, and people that don't like him continue to undervalue him. But he's pretty valuable, other coaches and teams know it, and so does he. I do feel like maybe the Jags feel like they were being lowballed on offers for him and that might be why be a big reason why he hasn't been moved yet. Though, maybe one reason some teams were only willing to offer like a 5th is because they thought that the Jags would part with him more easily. Especially since they now have Trevor, signed CJ to guaranteed money, were talking to Alex Smith/other QB's. The Jags were making it seem like they were going to move off of him even as a backup for this team. So I could see where maybe other teams thought they could get him more cheaply.

I understand that he wasn't solely responsible for the 1-15 record.. It was a collective effort of trash.. I'm not saying that Gardner isn't valuable as a backup or even trade bait. What I'm saying is that he's not worthy of the starting position. So if he's bent out of shape because of that, he can either suck it up or improve greatly. Either way, it's no longer his offense anymore and he can only blame himself..

(06-05-2021, 12:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: It's OTA's, wake me up if he's still doing this come TC. Lawrence is our guy behind center, nothing else matters.

I wonder how everything will end up playing out here. The way Jeff said he hasn't been at all of the OTA's made me wonder how many he's really missed so far. I believe the media has only been/reported on like two of them, and the rest have been closed. So I wonder what's going on there. Maybe it is just the one, but I do wonder.

I wonder if he continues to be disgruntled and acting like he doesn't really want to be with the Jags (Which I think could happen), I wonder what move they make regarding him. If they cut him if he will be picked up by another team, or to TRM's point may not even clear waivers before he's picked up by another team. In that clip with his trainer one of the hosts said they could throw him on the practice squad, but he would be picked up quickly by another team as well. I definitely think he would be happier if he was set free from the Jags one way or the other. I actually laughed at the way his trainer said "Good!" and suggested it would be optimal if he was cut, when one of his co-hosts suggested it. I think that those comments from his trainer, reflect his feelings.

I think they should really take more consideration into trading him. Heck, I think they should have traded him earlier. Especially since they haven't been even that clear that they wanted him as the #2 QB.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 01:03 PM by mal234.)

(06-05-2021, 12:23 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 11:56 AM)mal234 Wrote: All of those losses aren't on him, lol. Remember Doug kept him on the bench after he was medically cleared to play. He didn't play like almost half of last season. Stuff like his TD to INT overall ratio is pretty good all things considering.

I understand that he wasn't solely responsible for the 1-15 record.. It was a collective effort of trash.. I'm not saying that Gardner isn't valuable as a backup or even trade bait. What I'm saying is that he's not worthy of the starting position. So if he's bent out of shape because of that, he can either suck it up or improve greatly. Either way, it's no longer his offense anymore and he can only blame himself..

According to Jeff it sounds like some coaches think he is worthy to compete for a starting position on other teams. I think that is a big reason why he wants to leave, he's heard/knows that.  He was put in a bad situation last year. One them that even Trevor couldn't have been that successful in. I definitely don't blame his situation all on him. The team/poor decisions made in the past by the Jags staff/organization factored heavily into things as well.  I also think he probably has improved, especially if we go by some of the reports from OTA's that have reported he has been the best QB on the field at times in different areas. He may not have the highest ceiling of the QB's but it sounds like he's holding his own just fine in OTAs.

Granted he may have to ultimately suck it up for a couple of more seasons. But he will walk after his contract is up, because he does not want to be on this team anymore. I think it's better for the Jags to get something for him now, then watch him leave later on and not get any compensation for him at all.

(06-05-2021, 12:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: It's OTA's, wake me up if he's still doing this come TC. Lawrence is our guy behind center, nothing else matters.

This is where my mindset has been since we drafted Trevor.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 01:39 PM by Cleatwood.)

(06-05-2021, 11:56 AM)mal234 Wrote:

So valuable to those other teams and coaches that no one is trading for him…… lol

He’s just a guy. If he stays, fine. If he leaves, fine.

(06-05-2021, 07:13 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well they do need the 15 jersey...

Post of the day, and the thread.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 02:31 PM by mal234.)

(06-05-2021, 01:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 11:56 AM)mal234 Wrote: All of those losses aren't on him, lol. Remember Doug kept him on the bench after he was medically cleared to play. He didn't play like almost half of last season. Stuff like his TD to INT overall ratio is pretty good all things considering.

So valuable to those other teams and coaches that no one is trading for him…… lol

He’s just a guy. If he stays, fine. If he leaves, fine.

The Jags for whatever reasons are continuing to hold onto him for the time being. I think that one reason is that they may not like the compensation other teams want to give for him. I do believe if the compensation was higher and/or they made him more readily available to be traded it would happen. 

The 49ers were definitely interested in him as were the Eagles and Panthers. (This information was confirmed by Jeff as well as beat reporters that covered these teams, including on draft night). I also heard the Bears were interested in him and Jeff did say he talked to a "lot" of coaches that were interested in him. That's the word he used. A lot. There are much better run organizations than the Jags have been who would probably love Gardner on the roster. Even if only as a backup. If he went to teams like them he might not start (though maybe some opportunities could present themselves later on) but at least he could benefit from good coaching and learn more about winning. And could possibly have a nice deep run in the playoffs. Which is more than he has gotten from being on the Jags so far.

Only some Jags fans (and detractors) think that no would be interested in Gardner. I don't think too many people overall shares that view. People could learn real fast his value if he's traded, Trevor plays well, has the Jags in playoff contention but suffers an injury and can't finish out the season. And this team has to either plug in CJ, who can be okay but has been reported by at least one reporter as the worst looking QB in OTA's. Or Jake Luton who is still pretty inexperienced. And let's not even get started on what could happen if they somehow considered putting Tebow in. People (including some that act like they don't really value him) are going wish they had Gardner around if it gets to that point. Especially if he had taken well to Urban's system.

We'll see what happens. We still have some more of OTA's and training camp coming up. Injury scares are already starting to happen. Cam Newton hurt his hand the other day and had to have it looked at it. They said it's okay, but you never know. Jordan Love has been reportedly struggling in OTA's in things like 11 on 11 and Aaron Rodgers is still holding out. There is opportunity in different places plus news of him being disgruntled could cause more teams to possibly reach out to the Jags as well. The reports of him missing OTA's caused more NFL reporters/insiders to speak up/propose suggestions for his situation That type of thing also generates additional interest.