Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, what's going to happen with Minshew?

(06-05-2021, 02:03 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 01:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So valuable to those other teams and coaches that no one is trading for him…… lol

He’s just a guy. If he stays, fine. If he leaves, fine.

The Jags for whatever reasons are continuing to hold onto him for the time being. I think that one reason is that they may not like the compensation other teams want to give for him. I do believe if the compensation was higher and/or they made him more readily available to be traded it would happen. 

The 49ers were definitely interested in him as were the Eagles and Panthers. (This information was confirmed by Jeff as well as beat reporters that covered these teams, including on draft night). I also heard the Bears were interested in him and Jeff did say he talked to a "lot" of coaches that were interested in him. That's the word he used. A lot. There are much better run organizations than the Jags have been who would probably love Gardner on the roster. Even if only as a backup. If he went to teams like them he might not start (though maybe some opportunities could present themselves later on) but at least he could benefit from good coaching and learn more about winning. And could possibly have a nice deep run in the playoffs. Which is more than he has gotten from being on the Jags so far.

Only some Jags fans (and detractors) think that no would be interested in Gardner. I don't think too many people overall shares that view. People could learn real fast his value if he's traded, Trevor plays well, has the Jags in playoff contention but suffers an injury and can't finish out the season. And this team has to either plug in CJ, who can be okay but has been reported by at least one reporter as the worst looking QB in OTA's. Or Jake Luton who is still pretty inexperienced. And let's not even get started on what could happen if they somehow considered putting Tebow in. People (including some that act like they don't really value him) are going wish they had Gardner around if it gets to that point. Especially if he had taken well to Urban's system.

We'll see what happens. We still have some more of OTA's and training camp coming up. Injury scares are already starting to happen. Cam Newton hurt his hand the other day and had to have it looked at it. They said it's okay, but you never know. Jordan Love has been reportedly struggling in OTA's in things like 11 on 11 and Aaron Rodgers is still holding out. There is opportunity in different places plus news of him being disgruntled could cause more teams to possibly reach out to the Jags as well. The reports of him missing OTA's caused more NFL reporters/insiders to speak up/propose suggestions for his situation That type of thing also generates additional interest.
I think you’re over inflating his value due to an emotional connection.

He’s an average to below average QB who had a few good games his rookie year. He’s nothing special and if he plays somewhere else, he will likely end up doing the same thing. All those teams you mentioned went with average QBs too (Darnold Hurts/Flacco and Dalton). 

Thank god it’s Trevor time so I don’t have to watch Minshew check down instead of hitting Chark downfield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, what's going to happen with Minshew? - by Cleatwood - 06-05-2021, 03:36 PM