Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, what's going to happen with Minshew?

(06-03-2021, 03:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 03:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: And keeping 3 QBs is such a bad idea because....????

Good question.  Teams used to do it all the time, and some still do.  The Jaguars hadn't done it in years, though.

Does anyone know how many teams kept three quarterbacks on their 53 man roster last year?  I tried to look it up, but couldn't find the stat anywhere and didn't have the time to search team by team.  My impression is most are only keeping two these days (not counting the practice squad), although I'm sure some have three.

Personally, I've advocated keeping three.  Teams have a third string at virtually ever other position, why not quarterback?  It's the most important position on the team.  It's also the position toughest to "plug and play".  I know some get around the "plug and play" part by having someone on the practice squad, but you can't put anyone of any value on the practice squad as some other team could sign them.  Minshew is dirt cheap being on a sixth round rookie contract.  I think it's good to give competition to Beathard and if Minshew doesn't beat him out, he makes great insurance.  We're only talking about two injuries for the third string quarterback to get playing time.  I don't see the last roster spot as all that important.  The last roster spot is usually for some guy that plays special teams.  You can hide a position like that on the practice squad much easier than a quarterback.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, what's going to happen with Minshew? - by TheDuke007 - 06-06-2021, 02:24 PM