Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We owe the LA Rams a lot.

The LA Rams, who gave us two first-round draft picks for a guy who didn't want to be here. The LA Rams, who lost to the Jets, sending Trevor to Duval
If the Jags aren't great again...don't blame the LA Rams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who did we get from the Fowler trade? I don't recall..

(06-03-2021, 02:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Who did we get from the Fowler trade? I don't recall..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...823052002/

We got a 2019 3rd round pick and a 2020 5th round pick from the Rams for Fowler.

I'm not sure what players those picks turned into (maybe Q Williams?), but we got a 3 and a 5 for Fowler.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(06-03-2021, 02:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 02:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Who did we get from the Fowler trade? I don't recall..

We got a 2019 3rd round pick and a 2020 5th round pick from the Rams for Fowler.

I'm not sure what players those picks turned into (maybe Q Williams?), but we got a 3 and a 5 for Fowler.

that's it? hmm. How has Fowler been playing since?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-03-2021, 02:38 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 02:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...823052002/

that's it? hmm. How has Fowler been playing since?

In 2019, his first full year with the Rams, he had 11.5 sacks.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...wlDa00.htm

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 03:57 PM by WhyWouldYouPostThat.)

I live in LA and went to the TB - rams game in 2019, the one where there was a lot of scoring and still at the coliseum. It was overall fun, but those LA fans are extremely bitter when they lose. One guy had his whole beer in a plastic cup in his hand and threw it down the stadium, basically getting almost a whole section covered in beer. Dude ran out super fast after that, I don't know if they caught him.

It was fun to see Ramsey and Winston though

Fowler was lost opportunity I think. But yeah the rams helped us. a lot. Thanks rams!

(06-03-2021, 02:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

2019 3rd round - Q Williams - Bust
2020 5th round - Collin Johnson - decent potential

Should we also thank Ramsey for being such a whiny little [BLEEP]? That and 2017 are about all he was good for.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 06:34 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-03-2021, 06:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Should we also thank Ramsey for being such a whiny little [BLEEP]? That and 2017 are about all he was good for.

Losing Ramsey contributed to our 1-15 record.  Imagine having Ramsey and finishing 3-13 and losing out on the Trevor sweepstakes.  At the end of the day, the tank worked to perfection.  YES, we owe Ramsey (and Coughlin) a huge Thank You !!!

This is the extreme opposite of what happened back in 2003 when we drafted Leftwich ahead of T. Suggs and then in 2004 (since we had Leftwich) we drafted Reggie Williams instead of Big Ben.  That was the beginning of our downfall ..... we could have had Terrell Suggs and Big Ben had Del Rio had his way.  OK .... I'm straying away a bit here.

Zack Wilson is no slouch... Just saying

(06-03-2021, 07:47 PM)iam Wrote: Zack Wilson is no slouch... Just saying

Hey now them fighting words 'round here.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-03-2021, 07:47 PM)iam Wrote: Zack Wilson is no slouch... Just saying

As a college QB playing against second tier Division I teams, he wasn't. We'll see how he does in the big boy league.

Is Quincy Williams still on the team? Honestly his future is moving back to SS if he wants to stick around, there's no way he can play 3-4 ILB. Never understood why Caldwell Gene Smith'd the small school guy just bc his younger brother was drafted top 5 in the same draft.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I think the organizations beef with Ramsey set off what could be considered a 'necessary perfect storm'. It helped identify the players who just didn't want to be here anymore, helped gain some much needed valuable draft picks because of those players that didn't want to be here anymore, forced the powers in charge to clean house, lead this team straight to the #1 pick and a true face of the franchise which we haven't really had in a long time.

Things are starting to fall into place with having TLaw, new coaches and now the possibility of new stadium renovations, new venues around town and possibly a Four Seasons Hotel.. Pretty damn impressive..

Thank you Ramsey, for being such a fat mouthed idiot.  Banana
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-04-2021, 06:19 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think the organizations beef with Ramsey set off what could be considered a 'necessary perfect storm'. It helped identify the players who just didn't want to be here anymore, helped gain some much needed valuable draft picks because of those players that didn't want to be here anymore, forced the powers in charge to clean house, lead this team straight to the #1 pick and a true face of the franchise which we haven't really had in a long time.

Things are starting to fall into place with having TLaw, new coaches and now the possibility of new stadium renovations, new venues around town and possibly a Four Seasons Hotel.. Pretty damn impressive..

Well Yeah, that’s all well and good and all. But where does the Teebs come Into play?

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 08:21 PM by WingerDinger.)

(06-04-2021, 07:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 06:19 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think the organizations beef with Ramsey set off what could be considered a 'necessary perfect storm'. It helped identify the players who just didn't want to be here anymore, helped gain some much needed valuable draft picks because of those players that didn't want to be here anymore, forced the powers in charge to clean house, lead this team straight to the #1 pick and a true face of the franchise which we haven't really had in a long time.

Well Yeah, that’s all well and good and all. But where does the Teebs come Into play?

Teebs is our penance for the two toned helmets.. bad karma dude lol

That punishment is long time comin.. Hopefully after this, we're back to even lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We owe the Rams for moving to LA so people would quit saying we should move there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-05-2021, 10:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We owe the Rams for moving to LA so people would quit saying we should move there.

Don't forget, if Khan would have won the bid to buy the Rams, most likely we have another owner and most likely the Jags are no longer in Jacksonville.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Oh y’all are making points!