Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The USFL is coming back.

Break out your old Bulls jersey!
https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/usfl-ret...10603.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 05:40 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Trevor to the Bulls !!!

I was a Pittsburgh Maulers fan

Here's a good clip:  "Despite their pathetic performance, the Maulers managed a respectable showing at the gate and even sold out their first home game against the Birmingham Stallions. Many of the fans came to boo and throw things at Stallions and former Steeler QB Cliff Stoudt, but a sell out is a sell out. Edward Debartolo, father of the owner of the 49ers, was forced to pull the plug, though, when the league announced its move to the fall."

[Image: Pittsburgh-Maulers-Mike-Rozier.jpg]

I used to love going to the Bulls games. It was like a college atmosphere. Also, they had some decent tight ends.

So we have USFL, XFL (proposed to return in 2022), Fan-controlled football, Spring League, any others I missed? Not to mention the CFL pulling from the talent pool, too

Wondering who wins out when it comes to getting decent players to take the field. Some of these leagues may have great ideas, but crap rosters will not draw viewers.

Would any of these leagues allow players to sign on after HS and forego the college route? That might be the key to getting talented guys that aren't just Practice Squad washouts. I'm sure there's a number of college athletes that ain't come to play school, as Cardale Jones once said.

(06-04-2021, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote: So we have USFL, XFL (proposed to return in 2022), Fan-controlled football, Spring League, any others I missed? Not to mention the CFL pulling from the talent pool, too

Wondering who wins out when it comes to getting decent players to take the field. Some of these leagues may have great ideas, but crap rosters will not draw viewers.

Would any of these leagues allow players to sign on after HS and forego the college route? That might be the key to getting talented guys that aren't just Practice Squad washouts. I'm sure there's a number of college athletes that ain't come to play school, as Cardale Jones once said.

Face it.. Nobody really wants to watch the XFL until people are allowed to bodyslam each other. Mixing wrestling and football would be like mixing chocolate and peanut butter. 

I think the USFL will have a better shot.. Maybe Johnny Manziel will get a shot at 3rd string QB. I read he's trying to earn a living trying to sell autographs..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2021, 10:41 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote: So we have USFL, XFL (proposed to return in 2022), Fan-controlled football, Spring League, any others I missed? Not to mention the CFL pulling from the talent pool, too

Face it.. Nobody really wants to watch the XFL until people are allowed to bodyslam each other. Mixing wrestling and football would be like mixing chocolate and peanut butter. 

I think the USFL will have a better shot.. Maybe Johnny Manziel will get a shot at 3rd string QB. I read he's trying to earn a living trying to sell autographs..

Why? His family is worth 50mil. Even with his habits I doubt he would have to scrape together change to pay the bills.

(06-04-2021, 11:33 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 10:41 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Face it.. Nobody really wants to watch the XFL until people are allowed to bodyslam each other. Mixing wrestling and football would be like mixing chocolate and peanut butter. 

Why? His family is worth 50mil. Even with his habits I doubt he would have to scrape together change to pay the bills.

Ok past tense.. The original article on Yahoo made it sound like he was 'currently' relying on selling autographs..

Here's another article on it, saying it was happening in college..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go....d=78070679

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I remember when the town was going nuts over a new quarterback....Brian Sipe.