Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The number 1 thing Meyer needs to, and will estabish his 1st year

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 12:07 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

The run game!  This oline is built to run the football.  3/5 of this oline is who was here in 2017 when we were number 1 in the league rushing offense.  The other 2 starters are Norwell, who was the highest paid guard in the league when signed and 1st team All Pro, and one of the biggest reasons why is because his ability to run block.  Taylor had a bad year last year and its no secret, but one of his biggest reasons he was highly regarded coming out was because of his dominant run blocking, and his rookie year showed alot of that before this year when his play took a nose dive.   With all that said Meyer is huge in beliving in running the football and i think nothing will help TLaw mote than that along with the defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-06-2021, 12:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The run game!  This oline is built to run the football.  3/5 of this oline is who was here in 2017 when we were number 1 in the league rushing offense.  The other 2 starters are Norwell, who was the highest paid guard in the league when signed and 1st team All Pro, and one of the biggest reasons why is because his ability to run block.  Taylor had a bad year last year and its no secret, but one of his biggest reasons he was highly regarded coming out was because of his dominant run blocking, and his rookie year showed alot of that before this year when his play took a nose dive.   With all that said Meyer is huge in believing in running the football and i think nothing will help TLaw mote than that along with the defense.

ONE THING I WHAT FROM U.M. and Co. IS AN ACTUALLY NFL-FOOTBAL-SMART TEAM. A TEAM THAT WINS MORE THAN LOSES!!!!
P.S.: NO STUPID OFF THE FIELD STUFF  U.M. and Co. (KEEP YOUR SHIP TIGHT RUN)!

I think you’re damn right. With Lawrence being a rookie QB we need to establish ourselves as a run first team to build that winning formula. Control the game, set up the play action, give him less to do. This is exactly why I thought Etienne was important. Because if Robinson goes downs it could derail our entire season.

If you’ve got James Robinson and Travis Etienne on your roster behind a line that has already shown good run blocking - and you don’t establish a quality run game - something is very wrong.

Don't be stupid predictable. Establishing the vaunted run doesn't mean you be careful and stupid with your play calling. Give TLaw the ability to check out of stacked box dive plays that doomed 1st downs with this team even in the mirage of 2017.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

First they cannot be down double digits by the end of the first quarter every game. That I would like to see
A new broom always sweeps clean.

An attacking defense would be nice. No more ice cream take it defense

When the Jags have a good RT, they have a good run game and usually good offense. In the 90's we had Leon Searcy holding it down at an all-pro level. In 2007 we had Tony Pashos who was an upper tier player at the spot but short of a probowler. In 2017 we had Jeremy Parnell, who was very underrated aside from a few penalties.

Jawaan Taylor or if Cam Robinson/Walker Little kick over there will determine how our run game goes imho.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

A Very Good offensive, defensive and ST scheme is my primary desire. A new coaching regime along/w a Boat Load of new players will take a couple of years to manifest. Identify the players that fits the scheme is second priority, in My Fanbased Opinion of course. Also, game-time and or half-time changes are a must whenever needed.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Stop the run.

(06-06-2021, 11:18 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Don't be stupid predictable. Establishing the vaunted run doesn't mean you be careful and stupid with your play calling. Give TLaw the ability to check out of stacked box dive plays that doomed 1st downs with this teamquarterbavks  even in the mirage of 2017.

Being able to throw on first and second down out of a set that may look like a run formation is something that has been woefully lacking in Jags offenses over the past several years, coordinators, and quarterbacks 
(06-06-2021, 03:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Stop the run.

Also this ^ 

They added some big ugly nose tackle types, altered scheme and coordinators — but this has to happen or all the other upgrades won’t be enough.

One thing I've heard over and over again from players, staff, reporters is our focus on Sports Development. Now most teams have a strength and conditioning coach for the team but from what I've heard, Meyer has got guys for each position group so it's a lot more focused for each group and their needs.

Factor in some of these amazing new plans for developing the training facilities and players like Linder saying how much they are enjoying the new approach, I'm really intrigued to see how this works.

(06-06-2021, 06:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 11:18 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Don't be stupid predictable. Establishing the vaunted run doesn't mean you be careful and stupid with your play calling. Give TLaw the ability to check out of stacked box dive plays that doomed 1st downs with this teamquarterbavks  even in the mirage of 2017.

Being able to throw on first and second down out of a set that may look like a run formation is something that has been woefully lacking in Jags offenses over the past several years, coordinators, and quarterbacks 

Also this ^ 

They added some big ugly nose tackle types, altered scheme and coordinators — but this has to happen or all the other upgrades won’t be enough.

Gawd, it was so infuriating to see Fournette line up, with everyone knowing what the play was going to be, and proceed to run into his own line over and over. It became so predictable I’m surprised the defense even set. Just stand there and let Mr. No Vision down himself.

Thank you. I dread seeing Derek Henry. He owns us!

Win in the trenches, both sides.
The opposing QB has to go down.

(06-06-2021, 03:24 AM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 12:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The run game!  This oline is built to run the football.  3/5 of this oline is who was here in 2017 when we were number 1 in the league rushing offense.  The other 2 starters are Norwell, who was the highest paid guard in the league when signed and 1st team All Pro, and one of the biggest reasons why is because his ability to run block.  Taylor had a bad year last year and its no secret, but one of his biggest reasons he was highly regarded coming out was because of his dominant run blocking, and his rookie year showed alot of that before this year when his play took a nose dive.   With all that said Meyer is huge in believing in running the football and i think nothing will help TLaw mote than that along with the defense.

ONE THING I WHAT FROM U.M. and Co. IS AN ACTUALLY NFL-FOOTBAL-SMART TEAM. A TEAM THAT WINS MORE THAN LOSES!!!!
P.S.: NO STUPID OFF THE FIELD STUFF  U.M. and Co. (KEEP YOUR SHIP TIGHT RUN)!

Ladies and gentlemen, this brings us to our next topic for discussion...  Don't. Smoke. Crack.

Teams are going to have to account for TLAW now. Before, they could crowd the line of scrimmage because there was no danger of our QB's beating them. That's not the case anymore, that alone should allow for more running opportunities
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-07-2021, 11:13 AM)Ronster Wrote: Teams are going to have to account for TLAW now. Before, they could crowd the line of scrimmage because there was no danger of our QB's beating them. That's not the case anymore, that alone should allow for more running opportunities

No doubt opposing teams will have to game plan against us more thoroughly than they used to.

UM has said a bazillion times that a team is only as good as its DL, and that is his main priority. Ok so lets see how well he has "fixed" this DL... If The DL is good, the team is good, so says UM