Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wrestling Thread

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 12:37 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Ive been a wrestling fan my whole life.  Just seen New Jack died.  Dude about killed many people in the ring. I dont judge people but if you believe in heaven and hell I doubt he went to heaven.  RIP though. I love how he was the only wrestler to ever have his music play his whole match ( Natural Born Killlaz)  One of the craziest dudes that ever lived

https://youtu.be/SdNTygAVshc

https://youtu.be/8fJ923CZwU4

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://youtu.be/0XYUZCqUxCM

I have been watching since I was a kid. Really excited to see what happens with Tony and AEW.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Wrestling is fake, its just a live soap opera for rednecks.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-07-2021, 11:25 AM)Ronster Wrote: Wrestling is fake, its just a live soap opera for rednecks.

I'm not a redneck. I enjoy pro wrestling. And it's scripted not fake, just like any movie or a New England Patriots game circa 2012.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-07-2021, 11:25 AM)Ronster Wrote: Wrestling is fake, its just a live soap opera for rednecks.

When New Jack almost killed the few in the ring it wasnt fake

(06-07-2021, 11:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

When New Jack almost killed the few in the ring it wasnt fake

The outcome is predetermined and they try not to legit hurt each other, usually, but it is not fake at all.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Scripted morality play. I used to watch it a lot, not so much any more. Geez, I go back to the days of Eddie Graham, The Great Malenko, Gordon Solie. Most wrestlers say the greatest professional wrestler of all time was Rick Flair, because he had the ability to make his opponent look good. That takes a lot of athletic (and acting) ability.

Video 

I haven't watched wrestling since the 90's, but just wanted to add that no one cut a promo like Ric Flair.

(06-08-2021, 08:06 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 11:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When New Jack almost killed the few in the ring it wasnt fake

The outcome is predetermined and they try not to legit hurt each other, usually, but it is not fake at all.

It's very much fake. Even the violence is fake. All of them go through a lot of training in order to make it look as real as possible while not actually hurting anyone.

Don't get me wrong - it's a very athletic thing to do. And like Goldberg once said, yea, it's fake, but when I'm lifting a 400lb man and slamming him down, that's not fake and it's hard to do! lol

I'm not into it myself, but I have respect for those who do it. It's difficult and takes a very disciplined mind.

Dang, I saw this thread and was getting ready to discuss Iowa and Penn State wrestling.