Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Julio to the tacks

(06-09-2021, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 08:24 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: There isn't a D that can.

Predict your offensive stat lines against the rams and bills and let's compare them to what actually happens in a few months.

threeve yards passing, eleventy-two TD and negative pi interceptions

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2021, 02:26 PM by YouMadThough.)

(06-06-2021, 04:03 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 02:58 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: As much as I hate to say it, the Titans got a great deal by not having to give up a 1st round pick. I don't see how the Jaguars have much of a chance to challenge the Titans next season. As far as down the road, I still like the Jaguars chances to pass Tennessee in 2022-23. As great as Henry is, even his body can only take so much punishment.

Yeah except he isn’t the difference maker. We weren’t going to be much of a challenger to them even with out Julio. We are certainly improving this year but most rational jags fan knew this isn’t an overnight transformation. We just offloaded most of our veteran roster last season and have a litany of young players we need to develop. They can overspend all they want.  But it isn’t to win the division, they had that in bag already. 

They still have no shot vs Baltimore or KC(and that is just to get through the AFCCG).  

Adding an over priced washed up receiver isn’t going to put them over the edge. Plus a second is overpriced.

If they wanted to turn some heads, go get Rodgers... lol Julio isn’t scaring anyone.

A washed up WR? Lol. The dude was on pace for 1,400 yards if he didnt get injured

Do you even watch Football besides Jaguars?

(06-08-2021, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tacks got short term better.

I’m curious to see how consistent Tannehill may or may not be, and whether that’s enough to really utilize their receivers.

They are poised to compete with the colts for the division this year if they stay healthy, but their window may be relatively short. Interested to see it all play out.

Colts are [BLEEP]. Wentz is [BLEEP]. Honestly, Titans are easily winning this division.

(06-06-2021, 08:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: JJ can't stay healthy and is a FF owner team wrecker. This signing doesn't bother me.

Julio Jones have missed 9 games  due to injuries his entire career.

Maybe you should lay off fantasy and watch some actual football before spewing nonsense?

(06-10-2021, 02:22 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 04:03 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Yeah except he isn’t the difference maker. We weren’t going to be much of a challenger to them even with out Julio. We are certainly improving this year but most rational jags fan knew this isn’t an overnight transformation. We just offloaded most of our veteran roster last season and have a litany of young players we need to develop. They can overspend all they want.  But it isn’t to win the division, they had that in bag already. 

They still have no shot vs Baltimore or KC(and that is just to get through the AFCCG).  

Adding an over priced washed up receiver isn’t going to put them over the edge. Plus a second is overpriced.

If they wanted to turn some heads, go get Rodgers... lol Julio isn’t scaring anyone.

A washed up WR? Lol. The dude was on pace for 1,400 yards if he didnt get injured

(06-08-2021, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tacks got short term better.

I’m curious to see how consistent Tannehill may or may not be, and whether that’s enough to really utilize their receivers.

They are poised to compete with the colts for the division this year if they stay healthy, but their window may be relatively short. Interested to see it all play out.

Colts are [BLEEP]. Wentz is [BLEEP]. Honestly, Titans are easily winning this division.

(06-06-2021, 08:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: JJ can't stay healthy and is a FF owner team wrecker. This signing doesn't bother me.

Maybe you should lay off fantasy and watch some actual football before spewing nonsense?
Nice another tacks troll. Don’t you have a cousin to [BLEEP] or something.

(06-10-2021, 07:33 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 02:22 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: A washed up WR? Lol. The dude was on pace for 1,400 yards if he didnt get injured

Nice another tacks troll. Don’t you have a cousin to [BLEEP] or something.

Top right of the forum is a "log out" button. It will lead you to your safe space

(06-10-2021, 07:48 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 07:33 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Nice another tacks troll. Don’t you have a cousin to [BLEEP] or something.

Top right of the forum is a "log out" button. It will lead you to your safe space

You should have made just made your screen name "I'mTryingTooHard"

(06-10-2021, 08:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 07:48 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: Top right of the forum is a "log out" button. It will lead you to your safe space

You should have made just made your screen name "I'mTryingTooHard"

Try that in English.

(06-09-2021, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 08:24 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: There isn't a D that can.

Predict your offensive stat lines against the rams and bills and let's compare them to what actually happens in a few months.
LOL.

Julio has 17 catches for 275 yards and has scored 1 touchdown in 2 games against the Rams in his career.

He has struggled against the Bills passing defense, but he has done fairly well vs the Rams.

And, how is that even an argument? Great CBs do win some matchs up against great WRs, just like a great WR wins some match up against great CBs. Thats how things work when your going against elite company...

(06-10-2021, 07:48 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 07:33 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Nice another tacks troll. Don’t you have a cousin to [BLEEP] or something.

Awww you’re an adorable little tack troll. You testing the waters for the first time LOL. You start with the “do you even football” quotes then follow up with a safe place joke  Laughing  

I’ll gives it to the tack trolls, normally they are legendary, but this poor little fella seems to have wandered away on his own. Good job bud.

In all honesty I get why players want to go to Tennessee, I’ve heard RV trips around the city during Christmas are an absolute BLAST.

(06-10-2021, 08:28 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 07:48 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: Top right of the forum is a "log out" button. It will lead you to your safe space

Awww you’re an adorable little tack troll. You testing the waters for the first time LOL. You start with the “do you even football” quotes then follow up with a safe place joke  Laughing  

I’ll gives it to the tack trolls, normally they are legendary, but this poor little fella seems to have wandered away on his own. Good job bud.

In all honesty I get why players want to go to Tennessee, I’ve heard RV trips around the city during Christmas are an absolute BLAST.

Seems like you are jealous. Maybe when the Jaguars become the London Jaguars and the team moves away from that weak city, it will attract better talent and you would not have to worry about a Jalen Ramsey type of talent leaving.

(06-10-2021, 08:41 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 08:28 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Awww you’re an adorable little tack troll. You testing the waters for the first time LOL. You start with the “do you even football” quotes then follow up with a safe place joke  Laughing  

Seems like you are jealous. Maybe when the Jaguars become the London Jaguars and the team moves away from that weak city, it will attract better talent and you would not have to worry about a Jalen Ramsey type of talent leaving.

Haha you’re doing great man. Keep up the good work.

(06-10-2021, 08:15 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Predict your offensive stat lines against the rams and bills and let's compare them to what actually happens in a few months.
LOL.

Julio has 17 catches for 275 yards and has scored 1 touchdown in 2 games against the Rams in his career.

He has struggled against the Bills passing defense, but he has done fairly well vs the Rams.

And, how is that even an argument? Great CBs do win some matchs up against great WRs, just like a great WR wins some match up against great CBs. Thats how things work when your going against elite company...

The adults were talking. 

But since you're here, Julio's past performance was not the topic at hand. 

Predicted stat lines for the flaming thumbtacks offense vs the rams and bills in 2021 is the topic.

(06-10-2021, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 08:15 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: LOL.

The adults were talking. 

Predicted stat lines for the flaming thumbtacks offense vs the rams and bills in 2021 is the topic.

With the addition of Julio Jones i'd say they will be better offensively than the Bills. Last year both team scored an whipping of 29.9.

Rams were 22.2

Titans will have a better offense than both teams.

(06-10-2021, 08:53 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 08:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The adults were talking. 

With the addition of Julio Jones i'd say they will be better offensively than the Bills. Last year both team scored an whipping of 29.9.

Rams were 22.2

They would have been better off going TE imho. Julio makes it seems like they are just trying to hit a window. Feels like they they are trying to max out the final 2-3 years of Henry’s peak. 

I know some on here don’t agree but they still are not better than KC and winning the division wasn’t in question even before Julio. So if your goal is getting to the AFCCG, you may have nailed it. But SB contender? Doubt it.

Yeah Julio is good. Yes he was great. May still have some left in the tank. But you already had a top WR.

(06-10-2021, 09:14 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 08:53 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: With the addition of Julio Jones i'd say they will be better offensively than the Bills. Last year both team scored an whipping of 29.9.

Rams were 22.2

They would have been better off going TE imho. Julio makes it seems like they are just trying to hit a window. Feels like they they are trying to max out the final 2-3 years of Henry’s peak. 

I know some on here don’t agree but they still are not better than KC and winning the division wasn’t in question even before Julio. So if your goal is getting to the AFCCG, you may have nailed it. But SB contender? Doubt it.

Yeah Julio is good. Yes he was great. May still have some left in the tank. But you already had a top WR.
We still have decent catching TEs in Firsker. And this is more than Julio, our offense becomes much more versatile and opens up even more things for Henry.

Chiefs are beatable, and we face pretty good against them. Honestly, I see a down year for Mahomes this year and their running game doesnt scare anyone.

We have the most balanced offense in the entire AFC division. If our defense just plays decent enough we can compete with anyone.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2021, 11:34 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

Hope Julio has a similar season to last year, hope Derek Henry falls off a cliff and hope Tannehil reverts to Miami form.

But if not, [BLEEP]

(06-10-2021, 10:12 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 09:14 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: They would have been better off going TE imho. Julio makes it seems like they are just trying to hit a window. Feels like they they are trying to max out the final 2-3 years of Henry’s peak. 

We still have decent catching TEs in Firsker. And this is more than Julio, our offense becomes much more versatile and opens up even more things for Henry.

Chiefs are beatable, and we face pretty good against them. Honestly, I see a down year for Mahomes this year and their running game doesnt scare anyone.

We have the most balanced offense in the entire AFC division. If our defense just plays decent enough we can compete with anyone.

Your team can compete with any team. But your QB cannot compete with KC's QB.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2021, 02:41 PM by rpr52121.)

(06-10-2021, 10:12 PM)YouMadThough Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 09:14 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: They would have been better off going TE imho. Julio makes it seems like they are just trying to hit a window. Feels like they they are trying to max out the final 2-3 years of Henry’s peak. 

Chiefs are definitely beatable, but Tennessee's schedule just looks pretty brutal on the whole. I could see everything you say playing out, and them still only winning 10 games.

Honestly, I think there is way too many people turning over on defense to expect them to jump back to a few years ago. 

Also while JJ and AJ will definitely lighten Henry's load this upcoming season, Henry's touches the past 2 seasons will come due eventually. Historically, it nearly always has with efficiency come back to pack or with injury issues. Just a question of in 22 or 23.

They should definitely win the division, but I still think they have a ceiling in the playoffs.

You are only as great as your defense and your qb most importantly. Tannyhill is ok. He reminds me of a top notch game manager (Alex Smith) type. How far can you get with that? They are good at making the playoffs which is nice

Tannehill has been a lot better than OK. His numbers are better than Mahomes. I think the real issue with JJ will be how he changes how a DC defends Henry. Henry is set up for a monster year.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(06-10-2021, 09:14 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 08:53 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: With the addition of Julio Jones i'd say they will be better offensively than the Bills. Last year both team scored an whipping of 29.9.

Rams were 22.2

Ertz to TN rumors are starting to fly around.  If it happens, I hope it's a cheap deal and we don't reach to get him.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(06-14-2021, 07:52 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Tannehill has been a lot better than OK.  His numbers are better than Mahomes.  I think the real issue with JJ will be how he changes how a DC defends Henry.  Henry is set up for a monster year.

I do see the irony of a poster with the name ‘CTEisReal’ and then claiming tannehill is better than Mahomes. I mean if you think that than yeah I would say brain injury might have happened to you.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.