Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lincoln Project video equating fascist antifa goons with WWII troops

(06-11-2021, 05:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 04:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It wasn't about comparing violent to nonviolent, it was comparing our Troops to freaking ANTIFA/BLM. Saying they both fought for a similar thing (implying similar ideals) when that is absolutely NOT what happened. To compare D-Day and WW2 to the US at any point in time in history is absurd and irresponsible.  

They added the Trump thing just to prove their "point."

I think we have very different concepts of what antifa and BLM are.  In my understanding, Antifa are protestors who follow the maxim, "don't start it but do finish it" and they can be violent.  I see BLM as a nonviolent hodgepodge that is just another face of the rainbow/alphabet groups.
Neither should really be compared to troops, but neither is inherently evil either.

And here is where we part ways in this convo because I've made my point and am not going to beat a dead horse. We will agree to disagree and be done with it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-11-2021, 05:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 04:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It wasn't about comparing violent to nonviolent, it was comparing our Troops to freaking ANTIFA/BLM. Saying they both fought for a similar thing (implying similar ideals) when that is absolutely NOT what happened. To compare D-Day and WW2 to the US at any point in time in history is absurd and irresponsible.  

They added the Trump thing just to prove their "point."

I think we have very different concepts of what antifa and BLM are.  In my understanding, Antifa are protestors who follow the maxim, "don't start it but do finish it" and they can be violent.  I see BLM as a nonviolent hodgepodge that is just another face of the rainbow/alphabet groups.
Neither should really be compared to troops, but neither is inherently evil either.

I am not being mean when I say this, I just don't see you as an independent thinker. I see you regurgitating talking points that you heard on the MSM. I don't see a critical thinker, but rather someone that puppets what his corporate masters tell him to think.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-14-2021, 09:40 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 05:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think we have very different concepts of what antifa and BLM are.  In my understanding, Antifa are protestors who follow the maxim, "don't start it but do finish it" and they can be violent.  I see BLM as a nonviolent hodgepodge that is just another face of the rainbow/alphabet groups.

I am not being mean when I say this, I just don't see you as an independent thinker. I see you regurgitating talking points that you heard on the MSM. I don't see a critical thinker, but rather someone that puppets what his corporate masters tell him to think.

He's contrarian for the pure sake of being contrarian. He believes it makes him appear clever.

(06-11-2021, 05:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think we have very different concepts of what antifa and BLM are.  In my understanding, Antifa are protestors who follow the maxim, "don't start it but do finish it" and they can be violent.  I see BLM as a nonviolent hodgepodge that is just another face of the rainbow/alphabet groups.

Pot. Meet Kettle.

Independent thoughts sometimes give the same answer.
If two independent thinkers use telescopes to track Venus in the sky over a year, they will both conclude that Venus and Earth orbit the sun, with Venus closer than Earth.  Just because my answer is often the same as someone else's doesn't mean I didn't come up with it independently.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-14-2021, 11:39 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 09:40 AM)Ronster Wrote: I am not being mean when I say this, I just don't see you as an independent thinker. I see you regurgitating talking points that you heard on the MSM. I don't see a critical thinker, but rather someone that puppets what his corporate masters tell him to think.

Independent thoughts sometimes give the same answer.
If two independent thinkers use telescopes to track Venus in the sky over a year, they will both conclude that Venus and Earth orbit the sun, with Venus closer than Earth.  Just because my answer is often the same as someone else's doesn't mean I didn't come up with it independently.

uh huh, I swear its like verbatim what comes from MSNBC, and the reason I know they are talking points is because the conclusion is based off of incorrect information. You are spewing the same lies and debunked information they are. Its like both of you came to the conclusion that the sun is orbiting the earth.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-14-2021, 11:44 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 11:39 AM)mikesez Wrote: Independent thoughts sometimes give the same answer.

uh huh, I swear its like verbatim what comes from MSNBC, and the reason I know they are talking points is because the conclusion is based off of incorrect information. You are spewing the same lies and debunked information they are. Its like both of you came to the conclusion that the sun is orbiting the earth.

I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch any TV news. I subscribe to the Skimm which is left leaning and the morning Dispatch which is right leaning.  I find they disagree sometimes about what the questions are, but not what the answers are.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Mike is not stupid. However, he does not question what he deems to be the authority on a subject. He also has the typical progressive naivete that allows him to be duped by idealism. His biggest weakness is trusting the system above common sense. Can we all just make a note that this is how he thinks, so we can avoid turning another thread into a conversation about Mikesez?

(06-14-2021, 02:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Mike is not stupid. However, he does not question what he deems to be the authority on a subject. He also has the typical progressive naivete that allows him to be duped by idealism. His biggest weakness is trusting the system above common sense. Can we all just make a note that this is how he thinks, so we can avoid turning another thread into a conversation about Mikesez?

I think it's a good principle to follow generally -- it's incredible these days how many conversations about "the issues" of the day turn into observations about each other.  Keep the discussion about the thing itself, even if you are urging for one of your beliefs to be adopted by others.  But the constant analysis of each other, categorizing ourselves into good guys and bad guys?  That's the trap of the Left -- everything is about who, whom, the struggle, finding who is the oppressor and who is the oppressed.

(06-14-2021, 02:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Mike is not stupid. However, he does not question what he deems to be the authority on a subject. He also has the typical progressive naiveté that allows him to be duped by idealism. His biggest weakness is trusting the system above common sense. Can we all just make a note that this is how he thinks, so we can avoid turning another thread into a conversation about Mikesez?

But it's like staring at car wreck. I know I shouldn't rubber neck, but I just have to look and see what the stupid driver did...