Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tinhorns Mandatory Mini-Camp Canceled

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-09-2021, 02:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1...62944?s=20

Hmmm, not quite sure I believe that!

Watson is suddenly happy again? Surely you cant have enough time together at this point.

(06-09-2021, 03:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 02:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1...62944?s=20

Hmmm, not quite sure I believe that!

Watson is suddenly happy again? Surely you cant have enough time together at this point.

Watson reportedly wants an offer from Denver. 

Some speculate waiving the camp is part of the tinhorns efforts trying to lure Watson back to the fold.

It's to avoid having to fine him when he didn't show up.

Sad way to run a franchise.

(06-09-2021, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 03:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hmmm, not quite sure I believe that!

Watson reportedly wants an offer from Denver. 

Some speculate waiving the camp is part of the tinhorns efforts trying to lure Watson back to the fold.

Ah thanks. Thats interesting. Wonder if Denver is waiting to see how the Rodgers situation works out and Watson is a plan B.

Just seens weird. New HC and new staff, surely plenty to learn and fine tune.

(06-09-2021, 04:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's to avoid having to fine him when he didn't show up.

Sad way to run a franchise.

Hadn't thought of that, probably because I try to avoid thinking about the tinhorns.

They are going to be a punchline all season long.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 05:45 PM by mal234.)

I was thinking about starting a general thread and calling it other team's OTA's, lol, so we could report more on how other teams are doing/the competition during this offseason. But regarding this news about the Texans, I think it's interesting. And it's an interesting point that people are making about them possibly doing this so they don't have to fine Deshaun. I don't know if that is the case but it's an interesting possibility. Maybe they could still have held the camp and given him an excused absence, like I believe the Packers are doing with Aaron Rodgers. But maybe they think that would look bad, given the current predicament he is in.

We've had some teams this year like the Browns not have very strong participation in OTA's. I wonder how the teams that aren't participating as much in them will fare vs the teams that have really good participation. (Like the Jags). Last year things had to be virtual for everyone as we were first dealing with Covid. But this year with the vaccine being more readily available, teams had more of an option to participate in person. I wonder if we will see a noticeable difference between the teams that had more people show up vs the teams that didn't during this upcoming season.

I wouldn't read too much into it.  It's only early June.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Lol, probably the one team that needs it the most