Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Urban Meyer Approval?
This poll is closed.
He is the man. I'm bought in.
29.51%
36 29.51%
He should do well, but no NFL experience. We'll see.
31.15%
38 31.15%
I want to like him, but he's made a few head scratching moves.
16.39%
20 16.39%
He's making bad decisions. I'm skeptical.
12.30%
15 12.30%
He's going to ruin this franchise.
5.74%
7 5.74%
Corn
3.28%
4 3.28%
Blank #2
1.64%
2 1.64%
Total 122 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Big Urban Meyer Approval Rating Thread

Much of this has been hashed out in other threads, but it is an ongoing dialogue that needs a home IMO. 
So here we are. 

Lots of opinions on Meyer out there. Many skeptical takes floating about while many fans are bought in before a single snap is taken. 

How do you feel about him now with Training Camp right around the corner? 

https://twitter.com/1010XL/status/1402708127640915975?s=20
https://twitter.com/1010XL/status/140300...90528?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For me, this is boom or bust. It's going to end in Super Bowl appearances or it's going to be an absolute disaster.

I think he's certainly made some questionable decisions already but at this point, I'm all in for the season.

On a scale of 1 to 10?

Some kind of Likert scale set up in the Poll? Strongly Approve, Somewhat Approve, Neutral, Somewhat Disapprove, Strongly Disapprove

How are we doing this?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-10-2021, 01:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: On a scale of 1 to 10?

Some kind of Likert scale set up in the Poll? Strongly Approve, Somewhat Approve, Neutral, Somewhat Disapprove, Strongly Disapprove

How are we doing this?

You may select a poll option should one suit you.

You may express yourself in a post.

You may submit an image from a Rorschach test that most connects to your inner feelings about Urban Meyer. 

Hell, I don't know. It's just a Meyer thread. Do whatever you want.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2021, 02:00 PM by Dimson.)

How are we doing this?

You forgot about corn and Blank #1.

(06-10-2021, 01:55 PM)Dimson Wrote:

How are we doing this?

You forgot about corn and Blank #1.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He was wildly successful in college, there’s no denying that. Obviously that doesn’t guarantee he’ll be successful at this level but it’s a better predictor than someone who was terrible in college. Until he proves otherwise, I’m going to be optimistic.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

So far I'm not really impressed.  I'll wait until after the first few games of the season before I really form an opinion.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm so sick of our players being choked by caution over the years... They've always been taught here to play mistake free football at all cost - the cost being predictable, vanilla offense and reactive, seemingly slow defenses. I love what I've been hearing from Meyer and am hoping our guys can get out of their own heads and just play without over-thinking things.
And as often as successful college coaches have failed when making the leap to the pros, Meyer has one thing over all of them - a generational prospect at the most important position in all of sports to start his tenure. He can't screw this up if he tried, right?!

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Feeling hopeful is making me a bit nauseas though... Been burned too many times over the past couple of decades.

I'm optimistic but we fairly can't judge until he's at least a half season under his belt.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Skeptical. He's made some bad decisions.

From what I have seen so far  I still expect this team to be looking for a new HC/GM in 3-4 years. We'll see once the season starts though, gotta see how the team plays.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(06-10-2021, 01:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You may select a poll option should one suit you.

You may submit an image from a Rorschach test that most connects to your inner feelings about Urban Meyer.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

When we were having our coaching search I wanted anyone but Meyer. He quit twice when things got tough and I didn't want him to quit on us too. But since he had been hired, he has really changed my mind and got me feeling optimistic that he will not only turn us around, but turn us around quickly.

I am skeptical.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Paul Spicer has been poo pooing all over Jacksonville today.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-10-2021, 04:26 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 01:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You may select a poll option should one suit you.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Dude.. our HC is Mothman.. How cool is that?!?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

[Image: German_postcard_from_1888.png]

LOL

This thread is going places

(06-10-2021, 06:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: Paul Spicer has been poo pooing all over Jacksonville today.

Got any details about that?

(06-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 06:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: Paul Spicer has been poo pooing all over Jacksonville today.

Got any details about that?

He was on alocal radio show called XL Primetime. I'll try to post a link when and if they archive the show at their site.

here it is :
https://soundcloud.com/1010xl-92-5-fm-ja...ime-6-9-21

I think it starts around 50 or 55 min mark

(06-10-2021, 08:01 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [Image: German_postcard_from_1888.png]
Good way of putting it