Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bold Predictions?

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2021, 04:59 PM by Mikey.)

(07-08-2021, 03:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 03:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I wouldn’t have a meltdown but I think it would be the absolute worst decision.

The goal is the win games and Minshew does not give the team a better chance at winning than Lawrence.
Completely understandable reaction.

But if you expressed that on the board, how would it be distinguished from a meltdown, especially if most other posters express similar sentiments?

meltdown is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks attribute skepticism as lack of fandom or inability to demonstrate patience. Others profess they will not visit a discussion board while a player or coach remains employed by the team. Are these meltdowns?

(07-08-2021, 04:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 03:54 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: If it happened, there would undoubtedly be a meltdown. The idea of not starting a first round draft choice isn't something most people would have patience with. The overriding idea seems to be: if he wasn't ready to start, he shouldn't have been drafted that high. Whether not that's true is debatable.
While I’m not for starting a rookie just to start them, I really can’t see a scenario where Minshew is better than Lawrence week 1.

Luckily, I don’t think we have to worry about that. Lawrence will be the man week 1, throw for 300 and 3 scores against the poor Texans D while leading the Jags to a week 1 win.

Barring injury, of course (speaking of meltdowns...) I would have to agree. Minshew/Beathard's preseasons are both to win the backup role and showcase their ability for a potential trade.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-08-2021, 09:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:38 PM)Kane Wrote: Bold prediction... MB has complete meltdown by week 5...

Well not that bold I suppose

What do you think the catalyst will be?

I get losing...but what in particular will cause the meltdown?

UM?  

TL? 

The OL?

Tebow?

A suppose a "complete meltdown" would probably be caused by the overall record. 1-4 type stuff... And nothing and no one will be safe from the mob squad of pitchforks. Urban Meyer out of his element... Tebow taking up a roster spot... Not enough moves done to fix the OL everyone cries about (seemingly) every year.

I actually have fairly high hopes of this team and don't expect to be that bad this season.
I just like to poke fun at the nancys on this board. And given the time of year (and my recent move to BFE Missouri) I don't get on here much anymore. So when I do pop in it'll probably only be to stir up some silliness... September can't come soon enough my man!

(07-08-2021, 09:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:38 PM)Kane Wrote: Bold prediction... MB has complete meltdown by week 5...

Well not that bold I suppose

What do you think the catalyst will be?

UM?  

TL? 

The OL?

Tebow?

If TL is taking hits due to OL protection issues - I can see folks losing it given the general complacency with OL personnel additions this off-season. 

I don’t necessarily think this is going to happen, but it wouldn’t shock me.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 09:38 AM by Bullseye.)

(07-09-2021, 05:32 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 09:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote: What do you think the catalyst will be?

UM?  

TL? 

The OL?

Tebow?

A suppose a "complete meltdown" would probably be caused by the overall record. 1-4 type stuff... And nothing and no one will be safe from the mob squad of pitchforks. Urban Meyer out of his element... Tebow taking up a roster spot... Not enough moves done to fix the OL everyone cries about (seemingly) every year.

I actually have fairly high hopes of this team and don't expect to be that bad this season.
I just like to poke fun at the nancys on this board. And given the time of year (and my recent move to BFE Missouri) I don't get on here much anymore. So when I do pop in it'll probably only be to stir up some silliness... September can't come soon enough my man!
Good luck with the move.

I think all of those would be a spark that would trigger a meltdown.  I would add any development with Tebow.

(07-09-2021, 05:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 09:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote: What do you think the catalyst will be?

UM?  

TL? 

The OL?

Tebow?

If TL is taking hits due to OL protection issues - I can see folks losing it given the general complacency with OL personnel additions this off-season. 

I would add Etienne allowing a crucial sack in pass protection or if he has a big fumble-especially early in the season-might set some off, considering he seemed to be the most controversial pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-10-2021, 09:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 05:32 PM)Kane Wrote: A suppose a "complete meltdown" would probably be caused by the overall record. 1-4 type stuff... And nothing and no one will be safe from the mob squad of pitchforks. Urban Meyer out of his element... Tebow taking up a roster spot... Not enough moves done to fix the OL everyone cries about (seemingly) every year.

Good luck with the move.

I think all of those would be a spark that would trigger a meltdown.  I would add any development with Tebow.

(07-09-2021, 05:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If TL is taking hits due to OL protection issues - I can see folks losing it given the general complacency with OL personnel additions this off-season. 

I would add Etienne allowing a crucial sack in pass protection or if he has a big fumble-especially early in the season-might set some off, considering he seemed to be the most controversial pick.

Also - if Josh Oliver does ANYTHING of note for the Ravens (or another team in general) we'll have some upheaval here about moving him prematurely.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-10-2021, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 09:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Good luck with the move.

Also - if Josh Oliver does ANYTHING of note for the Ravens (or another team in general) we'll have some upheaval here about moving him prematurely.

I could see that happening if Oliver is productive for them.

But somehow I don't see that as likely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-10-2021, 02:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Also - if Josh Oliver does ANYTHING of note for the Ravens (or another team in general) we'll have some upheaval here about moving him prematurely.

I could see that happening if Oliver is productive for them.

But somehow I don't see that as likely.

He'd need injuries ahead of him to get playing time I imagine. Unless he ends up on a different roster more needy at TE.