Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Victoria's Secret Does Away With Angels

https://www.newsmax.com/thewire/victoria...d/1025450/

What is the advantage of our society normalizing obesity?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rapinoe, meanwhile said that the brand's previous focus was "patriarchal, sexist, viewing not just what it meant to be sexy but what the clothes were trying to accomplish through a male lens and through what men desired. And it was very much marketed toward younger women." The message, she said, was "really harmful."

Am I missing something here? I thought that was the whole point.

(06-18-2021, 08:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rapinoe, meanwhile said that the brand's previous focus was "patriarchal, sexist, viewing not just what it meant to be sexy but what the clothes were trying to accomplish through a male lens and through what men desired. And it was very much marketed toward younger women." The message, she said, was "really harmful."

Am I missing something here? I thought that was the whole point.

I don't possess a masters degree in marketing, but I can't see how this helps their brand in the long run.

Tragic.

I had a beautiful thing going. I surfed over to the Victoria's secret website, and as a result, I get Victoria's Secret ads everywhere I go on the internet. Beautiful. All I have to do now is click on one of the ads occasionally, and my grand plan perpetuates itself. Supermodels in underwear and bathing suits, everywhere I go on the internet.

But... Megan Rapinoe??? The idea of Megan Rapinoe makes me want to throw up.

Good Bye Victoria's secret. Thank God women can still go on the internet and buy lingerie
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Rush was certainly right about this topic all those years ago. It's wymyn who don't want or can't get a man who oppose these kinds of things.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-18-2021, 10:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Rush was certainly right about this topic all those years ago. It's wymyn who don't want or can't get a man who oppose these kinds of things.

I know, its always the ugly fat chicks that are jealous. Because they be FUGLY...no no, MFUGLY... and fat..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Guys, I'll let you in on a secret... Victoria's secret is trying to sell stuff to women, not men. The fact of the matter is women as a demographic are getting fatter and less feminine. They're just trying to market to them.

(06-18-2021, 10:21 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Guys, I'll let you in on a secret... Victoria's secret is trying to sell stuff to women, not men. The fact of the matter is women as a demographic are getting fatter and less feminine. They're just trying to market to them.

And that is why the world is having less babies. Women are becoming gross

(06-18-2021, 10:21 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Guys, I'll let you in on a secret... Victoria's secret is trying to sell stuff to women, not men. The fact of the matter is women as a demographic are getting fatter and less feminine. They're just trying to market to them.

What you say is true, but they're making a huge mistake by throwing away what differentiates them from everyone else.  Victoria's Secret's business model was selling things that MEN wanted women to wear.  That's why women bought that stuff.  Now, they're just going to be another underwear company.

(06-18-2021, 10:17 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Rush was certainly right about this topic all those years ago. It's wymyn who don't want or can't get a man who oppose these kinds of things.

I know, its always the ugly fat chicks that are jealous. Because they be FUGLY...no no, MFUGLY... and fat..

I personally like women with meat on their bones.. They're the most fun and not just in the sack. They're not as superficial and self centered as these stick figures who look like they binge and purge after a cup of coffee.. 

I like a muffin top.. Makes for good kissins  Banana

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Those women were millionaires.... so this movement just destroyed another avenue for women to get ahead.

My girl personally hates that this happened.. it's stupid. And opens the door for a new king of lingerie.

(06-18-2021, 10:28 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:17 AM)Ronster Wrote: I know, its always the ugly fat chicks that are jealous. Because they be FUGLY...no no, MFUGLY... and fat..

I personally like women with meat on their bones.. They're the most fun and not just in the sack. They're not as superficial and self centered as these stick figures who look like they binge and purge after a cup of coffee.. 

LOL, some dudes like fat chicks, but no one likes gross chicks.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 10:31 AM by SeldomRite.)

(06-18-2021, 10:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

What you say is true, but they're making a huge mistake by throwing away what differentiates them from everyone else.  Victoria's Secret's business model was selling things that MEN wanted women to wear.  That's why women bought that stuff.  Now, they're just going to be another underwear company.

I doubt they made this move on a whim. They've no doubt done a lot of study on what women want, and apparently being pleasing to men is a declining area of concern.

(06-18-2021, 10:31 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What you say is true, but they're making a huge mistake by throwing away what differentiates them from everyone else.  Victoria's Secret's business model was selling things that MEN wanted women to wear.  That's why women bought that stuff.  Now, they're just going to be another underwear company.

I doubt they made this move on a whim. They've no doubt done a lot of study on what women want, and apparently being pleasing to men is a declining area of concern.

I haven't met a single woman in a relationship she actually enjoys that doesn't want to please their man

(06-18-2021, 10:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What you say is true, but they're making a huge mistake by throwing away what differentiates them from everyone else.  Victoria's Secret's business model was selling things that MEN wanted women to wear.  That's why women bought that stuff.  Now, they're just going to be another underwear company.

bwhahhahahaha, keep telling yourself that. What women say and what women really want are often times, two very different things. I am married and been married for a long time because I am aware of this little fact. Plus, I let her win most arguments.

(06-18-2021, 10:30 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:28 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I personally like women with meat on their bones.. They're the most fun and not just in the sack. They're not as superficial and self centered as these stick figures who look like they binge and purge after a cup of coffee.. 

LOL, some dudes like fat chicks, but no one likes gross chicks.

It's not just women like that, there's plenty of gross guys out there as well. It's all about good hygiene.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-06-15-at-12.08.15-PM.png]

What makes you think those big gals aren’t about wanting to please their man too?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-18-2021, 10:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:30 AM)Ronster Wrote: LOL, some dudes like fat chicks, but no one likes gross chicks.

It's not just women like that, there's plenty of gross guys out there as well. It's all about good hygiene.

True, but there is no Richards Not So Secret store is there? LOL