Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Way early looking ahead to 2022 offseason

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2021, 12:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Its super early but i want to see what yall think our top 5 needs will be going into next year?

1.  TE (self explanatory)  we have good blockers at the position but i think Meyer will look for more of a pass catching TE next year

2. RG.  I think Norwell plays good this year and we keep him for the 2022 season but Cann's contract will be up and he has been average at best through out his career and i think Meyer will want an upgrade there and Bartch is unproven.  I think we draft a guard in the first couple rounds next year unless we sign one in FA

3. Edge rusher. I think Allen ans Chaisson will both have really good seasons but we need mor depth.  Smith will be going into his 2nd season and they will expect him to make a jump but we still need 1 more applying pressure of the edge

4.  DE.  This will likely be Tavens last year unless he makes good improvement, regardless we have to keep drafting guys on the defensive front and Meyer knows it more than anything

5. SS.  Meyer has always loved safeties, and i think cisconis the future at FS, i also think Jenkins will be a good playwr for us but i think meyer will go after a premiere SS.

Wildcard.  OT,  i think Cam and Taylor both have much better seasons this year and i think Taylor will prove he is the future at RT. We could always tag Cam if we really wanted but I see Little the future at one of the tackle spots regardless..

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Little is going to be a stud

1) WR - Chark is in his last year, if he pulls an ARob and chases a contract, we will need a franchise WR. Even if we re-sign Chark, we could follow Cincy's model and surround our franchise QB with top WR talent (Higgins in 20, Chase in 21)
2) MLB - No idea if Schobert will flourish in a 3-4. Same for Jack. Moses is a question mark at best at this stage. If we are committed to the 3-4, we need a monster in the middle.
3) RT - Unless Taylor reverses course or we find some jump in performance from one of the reserves, we need someone to man the side opposite Little. I think Bartch's ceiling is a reserve role, but I will be overjoyed to be wrong on that.
4) C - Age, cost, and injury catching up to Linder. If opportunity presents itself, bring in his successor and get a line that will last for the majority of TLaw's career.
5) TE - ranked lower not necessarily as a reflection of the need, but more as the team's de-emphasis on the position. Unless TLaw or the OC scream for a receiving TE, I don't see it being a priority. I dunno that we can get "Three yards and a cloud of dust" in Duval's humidity, though.

I think Taylor fixes RG after he fails to entrench himself as the long time RT this year. Little starts by midseason and isn't superb but shows enough that everyone agrees he is the future at LT, and Robinson moves on.

TE stays a huge need but keeps getting filled with replacement level pass catchers and solid blockers because Meyer just doesn't care about TE unless they are freak move TE like Hernandez was.

Etienne does fine, good even, but it becomes obvious that he's just gravy to an already good WR corps and a day 3 pick (hello Carter jr/Gainwell) to complement James Robinson would have been way better cost opportunity than spending the first on Etienne. Our lack of depth at EDGE, starting SS, and difference maker at DL all stick out like sore thumbs when we look at who we passed on to take him.

We will need a big splash addition at DL because our current one is filled with solid ones across the board but no one that coordinators really fear and have to game plan for.

Allen and Chaisson cement themselves as a solid starting EDGE tandem, but the depth around them proves wholly inadequate and we'll need to supplement EDGE with solid depth like we had to do with the DL this offseason. Ward and Smoot are just not quality 3-4 EDGEs.

Jenkins becomes solid in the 3rd S/nickel/FS/SS role that is becoming popular nowadays, but he fails to really stand out at anything and sticks in that joker role...which is good but not nearly worth the high price FA money. We still need a starting SS (Wilson is fine but not a starter on a contending team) and full time slot corner because Griffin, Henderson, and Campbell all prove to be outside corners only and any team with quick elusive slot receivers abuse us all year.

Tight End, Edge Rusher, Right Tackle

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ROT- I don't foresee Taylor making the desired consistency gains this year that Warhop envisions.
Edge- Likely Allen or Chaisson will bounce up and have a good year, not both. Smith unknown as yet.
TE- Current group are "just guys", add a TE weapon for Trevor.
WR- Chark will be solid but want too much money for modest productivity with Jones and Shenault here.
QB- I think Minshew will be traded by next season, and not sold on Luton or Beathard as playoff contender #2 QB.