Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seeing the criminal in a police shooting

At what point do you look at a white cop shooting a black criminal scenario and see the criminal being responsible for his situation?

I'm watching episode four of Hard Knocks: Los Angeles and Jacob Blake has been shot, the NBA and MLB are postponing games, riots in the streets, etc., and both the Rams and Chargers are having conversations about racism, protesting, cancelling a practice day to make a point, using their platforms to speak out about institutional racism, and so on. 

The Chargers' head coach was talking about honoring Jacob Blake. A criminal. And not just any criminal, but one who has multiple arrests for domestic violence and was being arrested AGAIN for the same damn thing when he resisted arrest and was shot seven times for it. 

At what point do you, does anyone, look at Blake and see him as the violent criminal who put himself in his situation? At what point do you not see this man as a victim of racism but of his own violent choices? I don't remember racism actually being a proven motive for the shooting. 

I'm not saying racism doesn't exist and isn't a factor in some police shootings/altercations, but that is not the reason for every single altercation between white cops and black criminals. To say it is is sweeping a very real problem under the rug by not acknowledging what led to the altercation in the first place. 

Someone chose to break the law and when that happens there is a damn good chance police will get involved. What happens when violent criminals are confronted by cops, regardless of their skin color? 

I think this is what drives me nuts about the whole thing. These criminals are being praised as martyrs and victims and not condemned for their crimes. They're not even called out for their crimes. 

Freaking George Floyd has a statue in his honor, and for what?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When you're dumb you don't know it, the pain is only felt by those around you aren't dumb. The same thing happens when you're Woke.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Because it’s a source of political power. Nothing more.

It is a damn shame these are the only thoughts/opinions on this subject.

Here is some perspective.

Most liberals along with the MSM don't care.  It's all about the narrative of the "root cause" and "white supremacy".

Here is a very good example.  The democrats in the current administration regime created a real humanitarian crisis as well as a national security crisis at the southern border.  They did so for two reasons.  1) To undo everything that President Trump did to secure the border.  2) To gain more votes.

Their answer?  Appoint vice president commie-la harris to look at the "root cause" and basically ignore the problem.  Most media outlets refrain from reporting anything about it.  However, when President Trump was in office you had the likes of AOC going down to the border for photo ops in fake "crocodile tears" because of "kids in cages".  Take a look at the conditions that far many more children and people are in now.

As it relates to the topic of this post, take a look at how many times the current administration regime has used the phrases "white supremacy" , "systemic racism" or "white privilege".  It's part of the education indoctrination that liberals are pushing not only on children in schools government indoctrination centers, but also pushed by much of the media (both traditional and social).  It's why Critical Race Theory (CRT) is being pushed so hard.  It's all about votes and creating a victim/guilt society based on skin color in order to get votes and remain in power.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

This is what cops have to deal with daily yet the left doubles down on the idiotic mantra of defunding the police and automatically accuse them of wrong doing anytime a civilian, especially a black civilian, is shot. How many of those who are loudest in disparaging the police have actually tried to walk in their shoes? We know the chick who founded BLM can't because she's too busy spending the money she fleeced from her mindless followers. 

I'm not attempting to exonerate all police who are involved in shootings, but rather than adopting the plank of slander and defunding, as the DNC has done, why not try to show some empathy for what the police experience. 

Unfortunately this cop will most likely not survive. If he does, it will not be a pleasant existence.

Florida police officer 'critical' after shot in head; manhunt underway for 'coward' suspect | Fox News

I hope that bastard gets EVERYTHING he deserves.

Regarding the officer, I hope he recovers fully. Will have to check for an update.

As for my topic, the usual suspects I figured would stay away from it or have no comment did not disappoint. Sadly.

Anyone else get the “blue alert” for this criminal on their phones earlier today? First time I’ve ever gotten one of those.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-24-2021, 04:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Anyone else get the “blue alert” for this criminal on their phones earlier today? First time I’ve ever gotten one of those.

The AT&T guy was at my house working on some internet stuff and got it, yet I never did.  What is a "blue alert"?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-24-2021, 04:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Anyone else get the “blue alert” for this criminal on their phones earlier today? First time I’ve ever gotten one of those.

I've also gotten a 'clear' alert.  Never had seen that one before either.  Might just be a Texas thing.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/intell...lear-alert
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Me too. I wondered about the "blue alert". Then I realized, blue because da popo be looking for him.

(06-24-2021, 05:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Me too. I wondered about the "blue alert". Then I realized, blue because da popo be looking for him.

Five-one-five-oh somebody call the popo.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 11:35 AM by homebiscuit.)

I hadn't heard about the good Samaritan shooting and killing the cop killer and then tragically getting shot and killed by another officer. What a dreadful turn of events. 

Olde Town Arvada shooting: Investigators for the first time describe timeline of killings (denverpost.com)

Imagine if that guy had been black. Does anyone have any doubts that it would be on every news network for weeks? Or that the cop would be tried and convicted for murder?

Yet, this doesn't even make national headlines. If police reform was really the issue, don't you think that this would just be another shining example of police brutality? So why the crickets

(06-26-2021, 11:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hadn't heard about the good Samaritan shooting and killing the cop killer and then tragically getting shot and killed by another officer. What a dreadful turn of events. 

Olde Town Arvada shooting: Investigators for the first time describe timeline of killings (denverpost.com)

I can't imagine what prompted him to pick up the suspect's AR.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-27-2021, 09:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hadn't heard about the good Samaritan shooting and killing the cop killer and then tragically getting shot and killed by another officer. What a dreadful turn of events. 

I can't imagine what prompted him to pick up the suspect's AR.

I doubt he picked it up. But if he did, most likely he was clearing it and putting the safety on.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I'm very grateful to the Blue. They run towards trouble while the rest if us run away from it.

This culture is sick, and dying. The vicious way the media sides with thugs and violent resistors makes me ashamed of what we've done with the great country we were handed.

(06-27-2021, 11:39 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I'm very grateful to the Blue.  They run towards trouble while the rest if us run away from it.

This culture is sick, and dying.  The vicious way the media sides with thugs and violent resistors makes me ashamed of what we've done with the great country we were handed.

He wasn't a cop. He got shot by one though.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Funny, they caught that [BLEEP] from Daytona in a BLACK NATIONALIST CAMP in Atlanta.

But, White Supremacy is the scourge of the nation...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(06-28-2021, 03:52 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Funny, they caught that [BLEEP] from Daytona in a BLACK NATIONALIST CAMP in Atlanta.

But, White Supremacy is the scourge of the nation...

Wonder if any of them are being charged with harboring a fugitive?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???