Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lost in the Blowout Donte Fowler Jr played a heck of a game

Donte Fowler played great, even tho 90 mil dollar man and a lot of other defensive players didnt show up.

This is why we drafted the kid, 2 sacks in his 2nd game ever, he also had 6 tackles 2 tackles for a loss, and 2 other QB hits

People wanted to jump on the kids case early, just give him time he's gonna be good 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Malik had several pressures and I noticed him several times.  

Fowler is going to be a good/great player in time.  He's got the ability and the talent around him is pretty good too.  A new coach and scheme will do wonders.

Malik played fine. Hard to do more when he gets held every play.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 01:53 AM by sublime92.)

Quote:Malik played fine. Hard to do more when he gets held every play.
I was at the game and I can see from the stands its holding, how/why don't they ever call it? The worst are those [BLEEP] back breaking 5yd defensive holding calls. And the biggest crock I saw was the offsides called on us when 77 jumped. They would NEVER show the replays of questionable calls in Qualcomm.

Quote:I was at the game and I can see from the stands its holding, how/why don't they ever call it? The worst are those [BAD WORD REMOVED] back breaking 5yd defensive holding calls. And the biggest crock I saw was the offsides called on us when 77 jumped. They would NEVER show the replays of questionable calls in Qualcomm.

He's been held almost every play in both games. It's ridiculous.

Quote:He's been held almost every play in both games. It's ridiculous.
Chargers fans were even suprised by the no calls, nice people though.

Quote:Donte Fowler played great, even tho 90 mil dollar man and a lot of other defensive players didnt show up.
Umm, the 90 mil dollar man flushing Rivers out of the pocket was directly responsible for Fowler's first sack...and it was a fairly generous sack considering how fast they called Rivers down for 'in the grasp'. A majority of other times the QB gets the ball off like that and it's an incomplete pass.

Don't get me wrong, I'm encouraged that he showed promise...but it again wasn't him just lining up and whipping a tackle like the stat line would suggest. He still looks, for the moment at least, like a guy who is going to get his sacks from cleaning up other pressures or being schemed nicely like the stunt for the 2nd sack.

I just know how it gets around here the second anyone shows a shred a potential (top 10 at the position, top 100 overall, should be pro bowler, "not a human", etc.).

We gotta bench Fowler. Sit him next to Jack on the bench until he learns the Skotto, Lotto, Elephant, and punter positions.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Tyrone Holmes had 3 QB hurries in 10 snaps last night.

Quote:Don't get me wrong, I'm encouraged that he showed promise...but it again wasn't him just lining up and whipping a tackle like the stat line would suggest. He still looks, for the moment at least, like a guy who is going to get his sacks from cleaning up other pressures or being schemed nicely like the stunt for the 2nd sack.

I just know how it gets around here the second anyone shows a shred a potential (top 10 at the position, top 100 overall, should be pro bowler, "not a human", etc.).

Figured that Fowler would get a few sacks in cleanup duty. Good to see him using his motor.