Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I have No Words.......

America, LOve it or Leave It.........

'Proud' to be American? Students struggle to answer

Students and other young people walking around the Georgetown area of Washington, D.C., struggled to say whether they were "proud" to be American ahead of 4th of July weekend.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/proud-to-be-a...n-students
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's what communist indoctrination does to people.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2021, 11:20 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

These kids have never experienced a hardship or visited another country to even appreciate how great America is.

This is the outcome of being raised by people like Mikesez who hate the country they live in. It's like a cancer.

I thought to myself my kids generation has no chance they’re being indoctrinated with hate breaks my heart.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Meh, not a one of these people sound overly intelligent, or very educated for that matter. They affirm that college has shaped their views, which means their view will be shaped again once they enter 'the real world'. Not to mention social media has them all so cowed that they probably felt obligated to give these answers rather than be persecuted. I bet if we were able to conduct the same interviews near a campus in the 60s we would get similar answers.

It's not a secret that young people are intellectually and ideologically mushy. That's precisely why they are tapped by ideologues to carry their message. But they only carry it so long until reality brings them back. Thus, the cycle continues.

I read in a comments section of a youtube video a few months back that some of these kids do answer the questions based on "peer pressure" rather on what they actually believe because to be 'cancelled' or ostracized in school, especially as a freshman in college, is basically social and educational suicide. They'll bide their time until they graduate and move on to their careers.

Sadly, the workplace may not be any friendlier depending on where they land a job.

(07-03-2021, 10:26 AM)The Drifter Wrote: America, LOve it or Leave It.........

'Proud' to be American? Students struggle to answer

Students and other young people walking around the Georgetown area of Washington, D.C., struggled to say whether they were "proud" to be American ahead of 4th of July weekend.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/proud-to-be-a...n-students

Before answering with blind nationalism, it's important to evaluate whether the principles that the country was founded on are still reflected in the country today. I applaud students who are willing and able to ask this question for themselves.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." - Epictetus
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-03-2021, 11:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Meh, not a one of these people sound overly intelligent, or very educated for that matter. They affirm that college has shaped their views, which means their view will be shaped again once they enter 'the real world'. Not to mention social media has them all so cowed that they probably felt obligated to give these answers rather than be persecuted. I bet if we were able to conduct the same interviews near a campus in the 60s we would get similar answers.

It's not a secret that young people are intellectually and ideologically mushy. That's precisely why they are tapped by ideologues to carry their message. But they only carry it so long until reality brings them back. Thus, the cycle continues.

Surprisingly insightful.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-03-2021, 10:01 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-03-2021, 11:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Meh, not a one of these people sound overly intelligent, or very educated for that matter. They affirm that college has shaped their views, which means their view will be shaped again once they enter 'the real world'. Not to mention social media has them all so cowed that they probably felt obligated to give these answers rather than be persecuted. I bet if we were able to conduct the same interviews near a campus in the 60s we would get similar answers.

Surprisingly insightful.

Awwuh. How adorable. Thank you, Mikey (heart).