Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need cameras in the classrooms

Instead of the "instant upload to social media" of what goes on in classrooms, why don't parents go to the schools and sit in classrooms?

Rather than look for some kind of digital way to monitor what is being taught, why not have parents just see for themselves?  Go sit in the back of the classroom and observe?

If the response is because "both parents work" why is that?  Is it because our society has come to the point where both parents have to work to make ends meet?  Is it because there is so much extra expense that really isn't needed?

People in this country have really gotten lazy.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If I was a teacher, I would want the camera to protect myself from the students. Definitely if you are a high school teacher as it would provide proof of what happens in your classroom.

(07-08-2021, 04:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So you don't appreciate the irony of someone that wants cameras in classrooms and can't use a simple abbreviation correctly?

Maybe you should go back to the being the COVID-19 vaccine police.
No, I can discern when people make typos.

I'm not the vax police, you're free to do what you want. As we all should be. That said, I hope you took the opportunity to protect yourself.

JIB-
Saw something about this the other day. Calling into question the womens movement from the 50s/60s as a scam by the government to double their income taxes ETC...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-08-2021, 04:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 11:11 AM)Ronster Wrote: Why shouldn't parents be able to logon and see what teachers are teaching OUR kids? These Teachers are supposedly professionals and besides, if kids know their parents can log in and see how they are behaving, they might behave more. Also, we can see what our kids are learning instead of math, English, reading, ECT. 

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/wh...classroom/

So, let me get this straight.  If you have a 3rd grade son, you want to have the capabilities of checking out all of the little girls in his classroom?  That's essentially what they'd be giving you rights to do.  Personally, if I had a 3rd grade daughter, I don't want pervs checking her out just because their son or daughter is in the same classroom.

Cameras could focus on front of classroom, but thanks for confirming to us you are a Jared Fogel level pervert.

(07-08-2021, 06:45 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 04:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So you don't appreciate the irony of someone that wants cameras in classrooms and can't use a simple abbreviation correctly?

Maybe you should go back to the being the COVID-19 vaccine police.
No, I can discern when people make typos.

I'm not the vax police, you're free to do what you want. As we all should be. That said, I hope you took the opportunity to protect yourself.

JIB-
Saw something about this the other day. Calling into question the womens movement from the 50s/60s as a scam by the government to double their income taxes ETC...

Well, you obviously didn't discern very well because he repeated the mistake in his very next post.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-08-2021, 07:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 04:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, let me get this straight.  If you have a 3rd grade son, you want to have the capabilities of checking out all of the little girls in his classroom?  That's essentially what they'd be giving you rights to do.  Personally, if I had a 3rd grade daughter, I don't want pervs checking her out just because their son or daughter is in the same classroom.

Cameras could focus on front of classroom, but thanks for confirming to us you are a Jared Fogel level pervert.

It's funny you had such a problem with that NormanBeach whatever dude and his confrontational, derisive posting, yet you have no problem doing it yourself.

(07-08-2021, 04:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 02:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They have cameras like this at daycares, that only parents have access to. Why would this be any different as far as privacy issues go?

I'd have to believe that stats show pedophiles target 1st through 12th graders more than they do kids between 1 and 4 years old.

(07-08-2021, 04:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I would 100% be for this as long as they're behind a really strong firewall that only the parents have access to.

Just place the camera on the teacher, if anything.

That said, do you think all employees in Corporate America should have cameras on them during each workday between 8am and 5pm?  I sure as hell wouldn't want to be monitored all throughout the workday.

It is my everyday life where I work.  You get to a point where you don’t even pay attention to the cameras
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2021, 03:54 AM by captivating.)

(07-08-2021, 05:46 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 05:43 PM)captivating Wrote: You could never guarantee this. Besides, a school of 1,000 children is bound to have a parent with questionable motives who will pass on log in details to others.

I find the whole idea distasteful and very, very concerning and I am surprised people would support a pedophile's buffet like this.

LOL, LIAR... You are against ANY teacher accountability. What about Audio only?

Typical Dumpster Fire thread and a classic overreaction.  I am sure you'd be happy with cameras recording your every move and conversation in your workplace too.

Welcome to the People's Republic of Ronster.

(07-09-2021, 03:52 AM)captivating Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 05:46 PM)Ronster Wrote: LOL, LIAR... You are against ANY teacher accountability. What about Audio only?

Typical Dumpster Fire thread and a classic overreaction.  I am sure you'd be happy with cameras recording your every move and conversation in your workplace too.

Welcome to the People's Republic of Ronster.

Do you have children in the public school system?

(07-08-2021, 07:31 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 07:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Cameras could focus on front of classroom, but thanks for confirming to us you are a Jared Fogel level pervert.

It's funny you had such a problem with that NormanBeach whatever dude and his confrontational, derisive posting, yet you have no problem doing it yourself.

R.I.P. NeptuneBeachBum

He never did let me know when we could meet up so I could be terrified of him. I still suspect that the Venn Diagram of NBB and Mikesez is a perfect circle though.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How about not abusing your children by sending them to public schools. What's that? You can't afford a school of your choice? Too [BLEEP] bad, get another job!! Whatever it takes to get your kids out of the lefts public indoctrination system. Otherwise, they are doomed.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(07-09-2021, 10:03 AM)Jagwired Wrote: How about not abusing your children by sending them to public schools. What's that? You can't afford a school of your choice? Too [BLEEP] bad, get another job!! Whatever it takes to get your kids out of the lefts public indoctrination system. Otherwise, they are doomed.

Would be nice if we could take our property tax dollars that fund these indoctrination centers away from from them too.

Private schools certainly have some newfound leverage now.

Hey question for the leftists of the board...

Do you think the public school system is now just an indoctrination center? They certainly talk more about BS issues than they ever did in my day. In my day we focused on science, math, english... not BS social issues that will be forgotten in 20 years.

(07-09-2021, 10:30 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Hey question for the leftists of the board...

Do you think the public school system is now just an indoctrination center? They certainly talk more about BS issues than they ever did in my day. In my day we focused on science, math, english... not BS social issues that will be forgotten in 20 years.

If they don't have children, their opinion of the school system as an indoctrination center means less than zero. They shouldn't even be allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2021, 10:53 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(07-09-2021, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 10:30 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Hey question for the leftists of the board...

If they don't have children, their opinion of the school system as an indoctrination center means less than zero. They shouldn't even be allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

The sad thing is I'm not even THAT old.. I went to Sandalwood from '99 to '03... that sounds right.. lol.

And that was the beginning-middle of the era of participation trophies and giving people unearned entitlement.... but none of our teachers ever talked about this kinda crap... except one... my American History teacher as a freshman.. she was clearly an activist that didn't give a crap about teaching anything positive about American History. I gave her hell every day, every minute of the hour period. I wanted to make her feel as stupid as she was.

I could run circles around her when it came to American History as a 14 year old. This woman had to keep going back to her teachers book while I recited from memory things she should have known.

The only way to help really curb this indoctrination pandemic in our school system is by privatizing the school system.. And privatizing doesn't mean what you probably think it means. It means to get rid of these public school teachers and hire company based employees to teach these kids. The teachers are held to a higher standard and are paid on performance. They teach out of a very strict curriculum and usually don't deviate from it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(07-08-2021, 07:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 06:45 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: No, I can discern when people make typos.

JIB-

Well, you obviously didn't discern very well because he repeated the mistake in his very next post.

The first thing I noticed is camera is expressed as possessive rather than plural in the thread title.

The grammar nanny has spoken. Carry on, all.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2021, 11:31 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-09-2021, 10:51 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If they don't have children, their opinion of the school system as an indoctrination center means less than zero. They shouldn't even be allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

The sad thing is I'm not even THAT old.. I went to Sandalwood from '99 to '03... that sounds right.. lol.

And that was the beginning-middle of the era of participation trophies and giving people unearned entitlement.... but none of our teachers ever talked about this kinda crap... except one... my American History teacher as a freshman.. she was clearly an activist that didn't give a crap about teaching anything positive about American History. I gave her hell every day, every minute of the hour period. I wanted to make her feel as stupid as she was.

I could run circles around her when it came to American History as a 14 year old. This woman had to keep going back to her teachers book while I recited from memory things she should have known.

I graduated from Scandalwood in 1997. Right near you.

(07-09-2021, 11:01 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: The only way to help really curb this indoctrination pandemic in our school system is by privatizing the school system.. And privatizing doesn't mean what you probably think it means. It means to get rid of these public school teachers and hire company based employees to teach these kids. The teachers are held to a higher standard and are paid on performance. They teach out of a very strict curriculum and usually don't deviate from it..

On paper it sounds perfext, but the teachers unions may have something to say about that.

(07-08-2021, 07:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 06:45 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: No, I can discern when people make typos.

JIB-

You're right, I should latch on to every typo and search out the authors other posts to see if they're indeed stupid so I can call them out. Got it.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-09-2021, 11:40 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 07:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, you obviously didn't discern very well because he repeated the mistake in his very next post.
You're right, I should latch on to every typo and search out the authors other posts to see if they're indeed stupid so I can call them out. Got it.

...because that's exactly what I do.

But hey, keep being you.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]