Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We need cameras in the classrooms

(07-08-2021, 06:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Instead of the "instant upload to social media" of what goes on in classrooms, why don't parents go to the schools and sit in classrooms?

Rather than look for some kind of digital way to monitor what is being taught, why not have parents just see for themselves?  Go sit in the back of the classroom and observe?

If the response is because "both parents work" why is that?  Is it because our society has come to the point where both parents have to work to make ends meet?  Is it because there is so much extra expense that really isn't needed?

People in this country have really gotten lazy.

Your post is confusing.  You complain about both parents working and the state, to the contrary, people in this country have really gotten lazy.

In any event, when both parents work, the economy adjusts to account for both parents working.  A prime example of this is the housing market which used to be extremely affordable in the mid-70's.  However, when it became evident when both spouses in the household were working, home prices increased accordingly to account for both parents working (e.g. the $100k house was now valued at $150k).   Note: the price adjustment does not represent a 100% increase due to lower wages on average of the working wife back in the 90s

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-08-2021, 07:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 04:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, let me get this straight.  If you have a 3rd grade son, you want to have the capabilities of checking out all of the little girls in his classroom?  That's essentially what they'd be giving you rights to do.  Personally, if I had a 3rd grade daughter, I don't want pervs checking her out just because their son or daughter is in the same classroom.

Cameras could focus on front of classroom, but thanks for confirming to us you are a Jared Fogel level pervert.

Given your response to my statement, I can only conclude you have a reading comprehension issue.  Rather than make fun of your disability, I'd rather assist you in overcoming it by providing you a link to methods to improve one of your areas of weakness.  Just remember, with a little motivation, you can overcome anything.

https://www.readnaturally.com/research/5...prehension

(07-08-2021, 07:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 04:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, let me get this straight.  If you have a 3rd grade son, you want to have the capabilities of checking out all of the little girls in his classroom?  That's essentially what they'd be giving you rights to do.  Personally, if I had a 3rd grade daughter, I don't want pervs checking her out just because their son or daughter is in the same classroom.

Cameras could focus on front of classroom, but thanks for confirming to us you are a Jared Fogel level pervert.

Given your response to my statement, I can only conclude you have a reading comprehension issue.  Rather than make fun of your disability, I'd rather assist you in overcoming it by providing you a link to methods to improve one of your areas of weakness.  Just remember, with a little motivation, you can overcome anything.

https://www.readnaturally.com/research/5...prehension

(07-09-2021, 01:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 06:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Instead of the "instant upload to social media" of what goes on in classrooms, why don't parents go to the schools and sit in classrooms?

Rather than look for some kind of digital way to monitor what is being taught, why not have parents just see for themselves?  Go sit in the back of the classroom and observe?

If the response is because "both parents work" why is that?  Is it because our society has come to the point where both parents have to work to make ends meet?  Is it because there is so much extra expense that really isn't needed?

Your post is confusing.  You complain about both parents working and the state, to the contrary, people in this country have really gotten lazy.

In any event, when both parents work, the economy adjusts to account for both parents working.  A prime example of this is the housing market which used to be extremely affordable in the mid-70's.  However, when it became evident when both spouses in the household were working, home prices increased accordingly to account for both parents working (e.g. the $100k house was now valued at $150k).   Note: the price adjustment does not represent a 100% increase due to lower wages on average of the working wife back in the 90s

Your post is pretty confusing, but I'll try to answer so that even you might understand my point.

When I was in grade school in the late '60's/early 70's there were times when my parents (as well as the parents of other children) actually participated in our education.  My mother didn't start working until I was older, and even then it was not a full time job.  We got along just fine and my mother's income was kind of "extra" for things that my parents "wanted" rather than "needed".  I grew up in a middle class home.

If I remember right it was around the 3rd grade or so we had the "birds and the bees" lesson.  The boys and girls were separated and the boys' fathers attended with the boys and the girls' mothers attended with the girls.  Puberty and reproduction was explained.  My father as well as the other fathers there took time off of work to do this.  I did the same with my two sons when they were around the same age.

Today people want cameras so they can "check in" on their phones rather than taking the time or making the effort for their children.  People are lazy ("too busy") to be proactive in raising their children.  The job is more important, saving money for that next vacation is more important, etc.

That brings me to my point regarding a two income household.  Things that are "must have" now for most people include stuff like "cable TV" whether that's actual cable, satellite, streaming, etc.  Many people feel like they "must" have the latest smart phone and it's not just the parents.  Children "have to" have them as well.  Cars have to be "late model", you have to have the boat, jet skis, RV, etc..  The only way to afford what used to be "optional" or "luxuries" is for both parents to work.

Another example that I heard today at work from a couple of millennial's that work for me is how they have "Roombas" that operate when they "tell Alexa".  People are so lazy that they "tell a device" to start up a "robot vacuum" to clean their home.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-09-2021, 01:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

LOL.  You have no clue about what you are talking about.  Did you check the interest rates on a mortgage back then?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-09-2021, 08:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 03:52 AM)captivating Wrote: Typical Dumpster Fire thread and a classic overreaction.  I am sure you'd be happy with cameras recording your every move and conversation in your workplace too.

Welcome to the People's Republic of Ronster.

Do you have children in the public school system?

Do you?

(07-09-2021, 04:04 PM)captivating Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 08:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you have children in the public school system?

Do you?

I have 2 kids in private school. I was a product of the public school system, but they weren't an indoctrination factory back in my day.

I would work 10 jobs to keep my kids in private school.

Nope. If you're that worried about what schools are teaching your kids then put them in a private school or homeschool them. I am glad I'm not having to make these decisions. Being childfree has many advantages.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2021, 04:24 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-09-2021, 04:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Nope. If you're that worried about what schools are teaching your kids then put them in a private school or homeschool them. I am glad I'm not having to make these decisions. Being childfree has many advantages.

Private schools aren't guaranteed to be safe either. They are some of the worst offenders at the college level of indoctrination. Always gotta keep a watchful eye and teach them to be free thinkers.

(07-09-2021, 03:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 01:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Your post is confusing.  You complain about both parents working and the state, to the contrary, people in this country have really gotten lazy.

Your post is pretty confusing, but I'll try to answer so that even you might understand my point.

When I was in grade school in the late '60's/early 70's there were times when my parents (as well as the parents of other children) actually participated in our education.  My mother didn't start working until I was older, and even then it was not a full time job.  We got along just fine and my mother's income was kind of "extra" for things that my parents "wanted" rather than "needed".  I grew up in a middle class home.

If I remember right it was around the 3rd grade or so we had the "birds and the bees" lesson.  The boys and girls were separated and the boys' fathers attended with the boys and the girls' mothers attended with the girls.  Puberty and reproduction was explained.  My father as well as the other fathers there took time off of work to do this.  I did the same with my two sons when they were around the same age.

Today people want cameras so they can "check in" on their phones rather than taking the time or making the effort for their children.  People are lazy ("too busy") to be proactive in raising their children.  The job is more important, saving money for that next vacation is more important, etc.

That brings me to my point regarding a two income household.  Things that are "must have" now for most people include stuff like "cable TV" whether that's actual cable, satellite, streaming, etc.  Many people feel like they "must" have the latest smart phone and it's not just the parents.  Children "have to" have them as well.  Cars have to be "late model", you have to have the boat, jet skis, RV, etc..  The only way to afford what used to be "optional" or "luxuries" is for both parents to work.

Another example that I heard today at work from a couple of millennial's that work for me is how they have "Roombas" that operate when they "tell Alexa".  People are so lazy that they "tell a device" to start up a "robot vacuum" to clean their home.

Do you have a dishwasher?  Ever driven a car through a car wash?  Lazy?

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2021, 05:16 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-09-2021, 04:35 PM)captivating Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 03:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Your post is pretty confusing, but I'll try to answer so that even you might understand my point.

Do you have a specific line in the sand where you consider someone lazy. I'd love to hear where that line is.

This is what you get if you let teachers go unchecked...

Children are being raised to desecrate the flag. https://t.co/RtNBo3u1st

(07-09-2021, 04:35 PM)captivating Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 03:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Your post is pretty confusing, but I'll try to answer so that even you might understand my point.

Yes, my dishwasher is my wife.  Drove my vehicle through a "car wash" when I drove through a rainstorm.

Have you ever cleaned up a fallen tree on your property without "calling someone"?  I didn't sit on my [BLEEP] and say "Alexa, cut up that tree and burn what can't be used for firewood".  I actually got up off of my [BLEEP] and did it with my wife's help.

I did it after surveying for any other fallen trees in my back yard and feeding my animals.

What's your point?  I probably do more at home before I go to my "real job" before your lazy [BLEEP] gets out of bed.

(07-09-2021, 04:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 04:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Nope. If you're that worried about what schools are teaching your kids then put them in a private school or homeschool them. I am glad I'm not having to make these decisions. Being childfree has many advantages.

Private schools aren't guaranteed to be safe either. They are some of the worst offenders at the college level of indoctrination. Always gotta keep a watchful eye and teach them to be free thinkers.

I was talking about K-12.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 06:04 AM by captivating.)

(07-09-2021, 06:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 04:35 PM)captivating Wrote: Do you have a dishwasher?  Ever driven a car through a car wash?  Lazy?

Yes, my dishwasher is my wife.  Drove my vehicle through a "car wash" when I drove through a rainstorm.

Have you ever cleaned up a fallen tree on your property without "calling someone"?  I didn't sit on my [BLEEP] and say "Alexa, cut up that tree and burn what can't be used for firewood".  I actually got up off of my [BLEEP] and did it with my wife's help.

I did it after surveying for any other fallen trees in my back yard and feeding my animals.

What's your point?  I probably do more at home before I go to my "real job" before your lazy [BLEEP] gets out of bed.

Good for you Paul Bunyan.

(07-09-2021, 05:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 04:35 PM)captivating Wrote: Do you have a dishwasher?  Ever driven a car through a car wash?  Lazy?

Do you have a specific line in the sand where you consider someone lazy. I'd love to hear where that line is.

That is exactly my point and I am not the one throwing around view of what is and isn't lazy.

When dishwashers weren't mainstream, I remember my old man talking about how only lazy people had a dishwasher.  Times have changes hey?

(07-10-2021, 05:59 AM)captivating Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 06:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Yes, my dishwasher is my wife.  Drove my vehicle through a "car wash" when I drove through a rainstorm.

Good for you Paul Bunyan.

(07-09-2021, 05:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you have a specific line in the sand where you consider someone lazy. I'd love to hear where that line is.

That is exactly my point and I am not the one throwing around view of what is and isn't lazy.

When dishwashers weren't mainstream, I remember my old man talking about how only lazy people had a dishwasher.  Times have changes hey?

Sooooooo, no?

You are the type that will always use technological advancement to defend anyone being called lazy. In your eyes, there are no lazy people in the world, only those who choose to utilize technology.

This conversation took a weird turn. Are you guys really saying that people put security cameras in their homes because they are too lazy to walk the perimeter at night? Because that's how it reads. Washing dishes and vacuuming the floor with technology is lazy? Are you still hancranking your jollopy because that new tangled Ee-lectric starter is for the lazy 'uns? Pumping your water from a well and using an outhouse because only lazy people have indoor plumbing so they dont have to tote the bucket back and forth? Talk about old farts yelling at the clouds.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-10-2021, 07:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This conversation took a weird turn. Are you guys really saying that people put security cameras in their homes because they are too lazy to walk the perimeter at night? Because that's how it reads. Washing dishes and vacuuming the floor with technology is lazy? Are you still hancranking your jollopy because that new tangled Ee-lectric starter is for the lazy 'uns? Pumping your water from a well and using an outhouse because only lazy people have indoor plumbing so they dont have to tote the bucket back and forth? Talk about old farts yelling at the clouds.

Captivating derailed the thread with post #50 and it gained steam, to which I unfortunately got sucked into.

His reluctance to even identify that lazy people exist confirms he is probably actually lazy.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2021, 05:46 PM by captivating.)

(07-10-2021, 07:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 07:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This conversation took a weird turn. Are you guys really saying that people put security cameras in their homes because they are too lazy to walk the perimeter at night? Because that's how it reads. Washing dishes and vacuuming the floor with technology is lazy? Are you still hancranking your jollopy because that new tangled Ee-lectric starter is for the lazy 'uns? Pumping your water from a well and using an outhouse because only lazy people have indoor plumbing so they dont have to tote the bucket back and forth? Talk about old farts yelling at the clouds.

Captivating derailed the thread with post #50 and it gained steam, to which I unfortunately got sucked into.

His reluctance to even identify that lazy people exist confirms he is probably actually lazy.

Wrong again.

I wasn't the one who started the talk about lazy.  I wasn't accusing people of laziness. It was Mr Spock who said parents who want camera installed instead of attending schools in person were the lazy ones.  I wanted to know where HE drew the line between lazy and not lazy.  Apparently, the answer is 

Clear up a felled tree - not lazy
Call for someone to clear up a felled tree - lazy

That's what Paul Bunyan would have you believe.  I am surprised he even has a car / truck.  He should pull a cart around.  Sooooo lazy!!!

The best way to fix the education system is to allow parents to choose which school their kids god to. Give them cash or a voucher that must be spent on education for this children. When you create competition, you increase the quality.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-12-2021, 04:18 PM)Dimson Wrote: The best way to fix the education system is to allow parents to choose which school their kids god to. Give them cash or a voucher that must be spent on education for this children. When you create competition, you increase the quality.

That will never never happen. These counties rely on embezzling the portion of property tax funds intended for the public school system.