Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey blames Caldwell for discontent (merged)

Ramsey had more to say about how the Jags and Him got to the trade point.  Add another notch to that Loser Dave Caldwell's belt.  Khan is also to blame for letting this bum run the team for all those years.

Some interesting parts:

Tony khan conned Ramsey into a meeting thinking it would just be he and Tony:  Caldwell, Tony, Shad, and Coughlin were there.  Some things Ramsey had to say:

-Of course, as confirmed in 2019, one of those people was front-office leader Tom Coughlin. The other, according to Ramsey, was former general manager Dave Caldwell, who didn’t initially speak as Shad Khan started the conversation.

-“I want to say Shad started to speak first and was very respectful. You know ‘Jalen we got a lot of respect for your game’ this, that whoop-de-woo… ‘Are you and Doug going to be good? We don’t want anything going on between a key player and our head coach.’ I’m like ‘We good. It is what it is and that’s just part of the game.'”

-“Tony said something, too, and was real respectful, again,” Ramsey said. “Basically repeated what his dad said and kind of kept it moving like ‘Man we really think y’all should talk before anybody talks to the media. Y’all two should talk just to make sure y’all good and maybe you need to apologize to him.’

-“So then, Dave Caldwell, who was the GM…he took the total opposite — I guess they were in there playing good cop, bad cop. He took the total opposite approach. He started cussing and started trying to cuss me out, like ‘You need to go [expletive] apologize.’ […] I said ‘No, that ain’t happening.’ 

“And then he said something else, but I forgot what he said. You know how when you’re in shock sometimes, you give like that little laugh, like ‘He’s crazy.’ So, I gave him a little grin and he’s like ‘Oh, is this funny to you?’ And I just started shaking my head, and then he was like, ‘Well, just get the [expletive] out!’ And he opened the door, and I just walked out like laughing a little bit, and he slammed the door behind me.”

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/07...ore-trade/
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Where have I seen this before?

(07-16-2021, 07:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Where have I seen this before?

Boy you got a perty mouth!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(07-16-2021, 08:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 07:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Where have I seen this before?

Boy you got a perty mouth!

That's my line.

Is Caldwell living rent free in his head right now?

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2021, 04:14 AM by Eric1.)

If you listen to the full interview (which these quotes are only about 2% of the full interview), it's not all that surprising.

We all knew those were the 4 other people in the room. Caldwell being the one worked up is the only nugget here. Ramsey said Coughlin didn't say anything but just gave him a death stare. Ramsey said that was completely out of the norm for Caldwell because hes never did anything like that before and was always respectful.

He said that pretty much the entire team hated Coughlin and that's part of the reason why they had such a great year in 2017 and made that run. He said the locker room banded together basically in spite of Coughlin and all of his bull [BLEEP].

At the end of the day, the sideline thing between Ramsey and Doug was way over blown, that stuff happens all the time.

Ramsey still acted like a little [BLEEP] about most of the stuff and the FO/Doug didn't help matters at times. Just a bunch of dumb [BLEEP] on both sides and it is what it is.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2021, 08:36 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(07-16-2021, 06:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Ramsey had more to say about how the Jags and Him got to the trade point.  Add another notch to that Loser Dave Caldwell's belt.  Khan is also to blame for letting this bum run the team for all those years.

Some interesting parts:

Tony khan conned Ramsey into a meeting thinking it would just be he and Tony:  Caldwell, Tony, Shad, and Coughlin were there.  Some things Ramsey had to say:

-Of course, as confirmed in 2019, one of those people was front-office leader Tom Coughlin. The other, according to Ramsey, was former general manager Dave Caldwell, who didn’t initially speak as Shad Khan started the conversation.

-“I want to say Shad started to speak first and was very respectful. You know ‘Jalen we got a lot of respect for your game’ this, that whoop-de-woo… ‘Are you and Doug going to be good? We don’t want anything going on between a key player and our head coach.’ I’m like ‘We good. It is what it is and that’s just part of the game.'”

-“Tony said something, too, and was real respectful, again,” Ramsey said. “Basically repeated what his dad said and kind of kept it moving like ‘Man we really think y’all should talk before anybody talks to the media. Y’all two should talk just to make sure y’all good and maybe you need to apologize to him.’

-“So then, Dave Caldwell, who was the GM…he took the total opposite — I guess they were in there playing good cop, bad cop. He took the total opposite approach. He started cussing and started trying to cuss me out, like ‘You need to go [expletive] apologize.’ […] I said ‘No, that ain’t happening.’ 

“And then he said something else, but I forgot what he said. You know how when you’re in shock sometimes, you give like that little laugh, like ‘He’s crazy.’ So, I gave him a little grin and he’s like ‘Oh, is this funny to you?’ And I just started shaking my head, and then he was like, ‘Well, just get the [expletive] out!’ And he opened the door, and I just walked out like laughing a little bit, and he slammed the door behind me.”

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/07...ore-trade/

One of the few positive things Caldwell did

Cleatwood isn't going to be happy at all with some of the things y'all say Jalen Pansy. I'm sure he still has his Jalen poster above his bed

(07-17-2021, 04:11 AM)Eric1 Wrote: If you listen to the full interview (which these quotes are only about 2% of the full interview), it's not all that surprising.

We all knew those were the 4 other people in the room. Caldwell being the one worked up is the only nugget here. Ramsey said Coughlin didn't say anything but just gave him a death stare. Ramsey said that was completely out of the norm for Caldwell because hes never did anything like that before and was always respectful.

He said that pretty much the entire team hated Coughlin and that's part of the reason why they had such a great year in 2017 and made that run. He said the locker room banded together basically in spite of Coughlin and all of his bull [BLEEP].

At the end of the day, the sideline thing between Ramsey and Doug was way over blown, that stuff happens all the time.

Ramsey still acted like a little [BLEEP] about most of the stuff and the FO/Doug didn't help matters at times. Just a bunch of dumb [BLEEP] on both sides and it is what it is.

accurate take here ^

They're all gone now so it's irrelevant. My only hope is by December TL and the team are in stride well enough to smoke diva boy in LA.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/...criticism/
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-17-2021, 02:23 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/...criticism/

LOL

Coughlin was fired from that organization because of his inability to relate to young players. A few random guys coming to his defense now means jack [BLEEP]. 

Strahan talking about the FIRST time he was going to be fired and then briefly altering his attitude with players to keep his job is telling. 
It clearly didn't last, and it was clearly fully expired when he landed the football czar gig in Jax.

(07-17-2021, 08:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 02:23 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/...criticism/

LOL

Coughlin was fired from that organization because of his inability to relate to young players. A few random guys coming to his defense now means jack [BLEEP]. 

Strahan talking about the FIRST time he was going to be fired and then briefly altering his attitude with players to keep his job is telling. 
It clearly didn't last, and it was clearly fully expired when he landed the football czar gig in Jax.

Laughing

You obviously don't get it. Anyway, I guess his 2 SB wins vs BB and Brady don't mean crap either... But hey, what can I expect from someone who made all kind of excuses for saint Caldwell LOL
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-17-2021, 10:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 08:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Laughing

You obviously don't get it. Anyway, I guess his 2 SB wins vs BB and Brady don't mean crap either... But hey, what can I expect from someone who made all kind of excuses for saint Caldwell LOL

I'm not a Giants fan so no, those 2 SBs don't mean jack [BLEEP] honestly.

(07-17-2021, 10:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 08:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Laughing

Tom Coughlin was a great football coach for quite a long time. 

He helped a fledging expansion team in my home town do some pretty amazing things early in their existence. I'm forever grateful and I've told him as much in person while shaking his hand. 

That said, I'm not so obtuse as to allow the good things he's done to disguise the bad decisions he's made and I don't allow his strengths to keep me from having a clear perception of his weaknesses. Relating to players, especially younger players with brash personalities has long been a very well-documented weakness of his. 

Caldwell, while holding no comparison as of yet to the career of Coughlin can be seen similarly in one regard.  He did some good things, he did some bad things. 
Any defense I've made of David Caldwell over the years was directed at those who were unable to see the good and balance it judiciously against the bad. I hoped he'd turn the tide and weigh out on the good end.  In the end - he made too many bad moves and created his own fate. Ironically to your woefully narrow scope of the whole picture here, it was Coughlin who actually accelerated Caldwell's firing timeline by stepping in and setting the table for Caldwell's failure with several ill-fated roster decisions of his own.

(07-17-2021, 10:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 10:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing

He helped a fledging expansion team in my home town do some pretty amazing things early in their existence. I'm forever grateful and I've told him as much in person while shaking his hand. 

That said, I'm not so obtuse as to allow the good things he's done to disguise the bad decisions he's made and I don't allow his strengths to keep me from having a clear perception of his weaknesses. Relating to players, especially younger players with brash personalities has long been a very well-documented weakness of his. 

Caldwell, while holding no comparison as of yet to the career of Coughlin can be seen similarly in one regard.  He did some good things, he did some bad things. 
Any defense I've made of David Caldwell over the years was directed at those who were unable to see the good and balance it judiciously against the bad. I hoped he'd turn the tide and weigh out on the good end.  In the end - he made too many bad moves and created his own fate. Ironically to your woefully narrow scope of the whole picture here, it was Coughlin who actually accelerated Caldwell's firing timeline by stepping in and setting the table for Caldwell's failure with several  ill-fated  roster decisions of his own.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(07-17-2021, 10:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 10:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Laughing

Any defense I've made of David Caldwell over the years was directed at those who were unable to see the good and balance it judiciously against the bad. I hoped he'd turn the tide and weigh out on the good end.  In the end - he made too many bad moves and created his own fate. Ironically to your woefully narrow scope of the whole picture here, it was Coughlin who actually accelerated Caldwell's firing timeline by stepping in and setting the table for Caldwell's failure with several  ill-fated  roster decisions of his own.

I agree with this, 100%.

It sounds to me like there were a few issues that ended up being a "perfect storm" kind of thing.

First is the issue with Tom Coughlin and his strict rules regarding discipline.  There are pros/cons when it comes to that and naturally players aren't going to like it.  Coming from a military background, when "strict discipline" is properly taught it makes for better players and better people (in my opinion).  That leads to the next issue.

Just how the strict rules regarding discipline are enforced.  It sure sounds like (if true) Dave Caldwell crossed a line somewhere.  Enforcing strict rules can be done in a "non-combative" manner.  Most of the time the "yelling, screaming and cussing" is going to turn the recipient off.

Finally, it sure sounds like football players aren't open to learning new life lessons (discipline).  To them and many young people it's all about being "respected/disrespected".  "Respect" is earned and it doesn't come by being a good football player.

Just my opinion, but I think everyone involved could use some lessons about leadership.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 04:38 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(07-18-2021, 02:38 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It sounds to me like there were a few issues that ended up being a "perfect storm" kind of thing.

First is the issue with Tom Coughlin and his strict rules regarding discipline.  There are pros/cons when it comes to that and naturally players aren't going to like it.  Coming from a military background, when "strict discipline" is properly taught it makes for better players and better people (in my opinion).  That leads to the next issue.

Just how the strict rules regarding discipline are enforced.  It sure sounds like (if true) Dave Caldwell crossed a line somewhere.  Enforcing strict rules can be done in a "non-combative" manner.  Most of the time the "yelling, screaming and cussing" is going to turn the recipient off.

Finally, it sure sounds like football players aren't open to learning new life lessons (discipline).  To them and many young people it's all about being "respected/disrespected".  "Respect" is earned and it doesn't come by being a good football player.

Just my opinion, but I think everyone involved could use some lessons about leadership.

That's pretty much my opinion too.

Who were the guys who were the most vocal against TC? Ramsey, Fournette and Ngakoue? the most professional and most mature guys...

Ramsey and fournette were my favorite players. Good times. 2017 was magical. Then everything went crazy. Now we have hope. This is the most anticipated season yet I think.

The main issue with Ramsey is he doesn't respect many people. He was wrong and should have apologized to Marrone. He admitted there was no issue, so he should have said he was sorry for acting like that but he didn't see anything wrong with it.

He is great but he thinks he is above everyone else, so he doesn't respect them. Stuff happens on the field/sideline but you still should recognize your part of the issue. He viewed the whole ownership and executives as beneath him. He wanted them to validate his actions.

At that point, they had no control over him. He has always had coaches that could control him for the most part. In college he couldn't leave, he couldn't lose 1 year. Earlier in the NFL he had no leverage. Now he did and had no respect so he did what he wanted.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk