Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you trade Robinson to the Rams?

(07-21-2021, 11:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: Anyone thinking we can get anything for Hyde are delusional.

If moving for Hyde is their plan to save the season, they'd be just as well to roll with what they got left.
That would be my man Jake Funk!

man, spoonerize that name and you get Fake Junk and that is :chef's kiss:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-21-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 04:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yea lets just trade away our only proven/good RB... The [BLEEP] kind of question is this?

To those of you actually saying yes.. For one, you can't honestly be serious and for two, why?

ETN has nothing to do with it to me. It's a RB with only two more years of cheap control and we aren't going to be serious contenders for two years. A day 2 pick for that is well worth it.

A day 2 pick that would end up being somebody you hate/don't want and you'll just [BLEEP] on the pick anyways, so what's the point? 

I'll take the player who's already proven to be really good and take that cheap contract for a couple more seasons while he helps to take some pressure off of Lawrence as he eases into the NFL.

This team needs all the talented players it can keep. No to trading Robinson.

(07-21-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 04:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yea lets just trade away our only proven/good RB... The [BLEEP] kind of question is this?

To those of you actually saying yes.. For one, you can't honestly be serious and for two, why?

ETN has nothing to do with it to me. It's a RB with only two more years of cheap control and we aren't going to be serious contenders for two years. A day 2 pick for that is well worth it.

We may be 2 years away from serious contention, but the time to protect our young QB by giving him some weapons is NOW.

(07-22-2021, 10:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote: ETN has nothing to do with it to me. It's a RB with only two more years of cheap control and we aren't going to be serious contenders for two years. A day 2 pick for that is well worth it.

We may be 2 years away from serious contention, but the time to protect our young QB by giving him some weapons is NOW.

I agree. 
  • Robinson looks like the real deal. No need to jettison that prematurely when contention could come during his rookie deal. Take advantage of the "bird in hand" scenario. 
  • Wanna give your rookie star QB a chance to develop with question marks at both tackle positions? Run the damn ball. 
  • Dude was damn near the only functional aspect of the offense last year.  Let's see what his production is like when he's not the only consistent threat on the field. 

No way I'd trade him- unless it's for a round 1 pick. Robinson was fantastic last season and I expect him and Etienne to provide the Jaguars with a top 5 running attack this season.

I wouldn’t trade Robinson to the Rams for one reason—Trevor Lawrence. Everybody, every resource, every game plan, and everything should be revolved around getting Lawrence ready, keeping him steady, and developing him. Everyone from the water boy to the chef to the GM should have the singular mindset of “making Lawrence work.” Because he’s the biggest and most important piece in this whole thing. The worst thing would be if Robinson gets traded and then Etienne get nicked up and then you have Lawrence out there trying to do it on his own week to week. Also, Robinson is good. Like reeeeally good.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2021, 01:51 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

Trading a 1k rusher coming off his rookie year where he looked like he had been a pro bowler for years already for anything less than a first would be idiotic. ETN has not played yet, why the hell would we trade a proven good player for 2nds or even 3rds? would be big time stupid.

The ONLY way i'd even consider it is if an average team offered up a 1st. And even then, Idk how smart it would be. It's not like he's on his 3rd or 4th year this is only his second season and based off his rookie season with NOTHING around him, he has serious superstar potential and i'm sorry but the first overall pick next year has a better chance of being a worse player than JR does currently.

Consider this. imagine we had him a couple years ago, imagine we traded him straight up for the 9th overall pick. Everyone would be so happy. The 9th overall pick was CJ Henderson. James Robinson is a much better player than henderson. We should be out of the "let's trade out players for picks" scenario, let's keep our good talented players and win some games. How many years did the Browns have 2 or 3 first every year, and went 1-15 or 0-16.. draft picks mean nothing, talented players do.

No, No and No. The Rams need to look elsewhere. They do have an issue since they have loaded their team using most of their draft capital for the next few years. They are also on the edge of cap space. They only have 7.6 million after their top 51, maybe Ramsey will restructure and take a pay cut to help them. Now wouldn't that be a shocker!
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Smh

Still would for a 2nd rounder. Good not great player at the most replaceable position in the league. By time we're ready to compete he is going to be very expensive or more likely on another team anyway.

After four games, the idea of trading Robinson anywhere seems more ludicrous now.

I posed the question about Etienne getting hurt. Sure enough, Etienne got hurt and is out for the year.

The two games in which the Jaguars were most competitive, were the two games Robinson had the most influence.

He's even more important now, since Chark is likely gone for the year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-02-2021, 09:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: After four games, the idea of trading Robinson anywhere seems more ludicrous now.

I posed the question about Etienne getting hurt.  Sure enough, Etienne got hurt and is out for the year.

The two games in which the Jaguars were most competitive, were the two games Robinson had the most influence.

It was never anything but ludicrous. The fact that the overpaid morons running this franchise don't understand this is enough for me to quit watching this clown show altogether. It's only the knowledge that Urby will either quit or be fired in the next 10 months that keeps me going.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-02-2021, 09:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: After four games, the idea of trading Robinson anywhere seems more ludicrous now.

I posed the question about Etienne getting hurt.  Sure enough, Etienne got hurt and is out for the year.

The fact that jags staff didn't understand this dynamic for two weeks is absolutely insane and mind boggling.

Here is a better question. Would you be willing to trade Myles Jack, if some team offered us a 1st round pick? Personally, I would. While I see Jack as a good player, I certainly don't view him as elite, by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think he is pretty overrated. When is the last time he made a real difference in a game on defense? Sure, he makes decent plays here and there, but is he a difference maker? I certainly don't think so. In fact, I believe ILB is a real need for this team, especially in coverage. Jack hasn't been able to cover very well and to this point, Wilson appears to be more of a liability than an asset. What do you guys think?

(10-03-2021, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Here is a better question. Would you be willing to trade Myles Jack, if some team offered us a 1st round pick? Personally, I would. While I see Jack as a good player, I certainly don't view him as elite, by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think he is pretty overrated. When is the last time he made a real difference in a game on defense? Sure, he makes decent plays here and there, but is he a difference maker? I certainly don't think so. In fact, I believe ILB is a real need for this team, especially in coverage. Jack hasn't been able to cover very well and to this point, Wilson appears to be more of a liability than an asset. What do you guys think?

I would've been shopping him this past offseason; he's lost and mostly useless in this scheme. Maybe he gets it as the season goes on, but his previous experience in the middle doesn't lend much confidence to that thought. Wilson isn't much better, so I guess the JoScho move really was about clearing cap space because he certainly couldn't have been worse.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2021, 11:18 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-03-2021, 11:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Here is a better question. Would you be willing to trade Myles Jack, if some team offered us a 1st round pick? Personally, I would. While I see Jack as a good player, I certainly don't view him as elite, by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think he is pretty overrated. When is the last time he made a real difference in a game on defense? Sure, he makes decent plays here and there, but is he a difference maker? I certainly don't think so. In fact, I believe ILB is a real need for this team, especially in coverage. Jack hasn't been able to cover very well and to this point, Wilson appears to be more of a liability than an asset. What do you guys think?

I would've been shopping him this past offseason; he's lost and mostly useless in this scheme. Maybe he gets it as the season goes on, but his previous experience in the middle doesn't lend much confidence to that thought. Wilson isn't much better, so I guess the JoScho move really was about clearing cap space because he certainly couldn't have been worse.

Honestly, if we go into the next draft and an ILB is the best available player when we select, I take him and be very happy. Just look how a great linebacker like Logan Wilson impacted the game on Thursday night. Wilson is a big part of why the Bengals defense has made such a tremendous turnaround this year. Devin Lloyd of Utah may be that type of player in this next draft. He's definitely one of my favorites at this point.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2021, 08:36 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

A team offering a first for Jack? If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised.

I couldn't jump on that deal fast enough.

You ain't getting no 1st for Jack lol.  Might be able to get a a 3rd from the Raiders being Gus is there

(10-03-2021, 08:35 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

A team offering a first for Jack? If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised.

I couldn't jump on that deal fast enough.
You serious Clark?