Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you trade Robinson to the Rams?

(10-03-2021, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Here is a better question. Would you be willing to trade Myles Jack, if some team offered us a 1st round pick? Personally, I would. While I see Jack as a good player, I certainly don't view him as elite, by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think he is pretty overrated. When is the last time he made a real difference in a game on defense? Sure, he makes decent plays here and there, but is he a difference maker? I certainly don't think so. In fact, I believe ILB is a real need for this team, especially in coverage. Jack hasn't been able to cover very well and to this point, Wilson appears to be more of a liability than an asset. What do you guys think?

Yes I would.

In this defense, he seems lost.

They seem to have him calling the defensive signals again.  They also have him playing ILB.

Both roles seem to have him miscast.

Further, he isn't directly tied to Trevor Lawrence's survival.

If I had a better grasp of Dylan Moses' medical condition, I might be a stronger advoate for dealing Jack.

Moses was placed on PUP, IIRC.  That means he will be out at least 8 weeks from when he was placed on it.  If he is healthy enough to play effectively, that would have him back around the Buffalo game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Stop trying to keep trading away any bit of talent we have. He may not be hall of fame but we need him

(10-03-2021, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Here is a better question. Would you be willing to trade Myles Jack, if some team offered us a 1st round pick? Personally, I would. While I see Jack as a good player, I certainly don't view him as elite, by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I think he is pretty overrated. When is the last time he made a real difference in a game on defense? Sure, he makes decent plays here and there, but is he a difference maker? I certainly don't think so. In fact, I believe ILB is a real need for this team, especially in coverage. Jack hasn't been able to cover very well and to this point, Wilson appears to be more of a liability than an asset. What do you guys think?

Oh cripes, if anyone offered a first rounder, in a heartbeat.

He has fantastic speed, but lacks discipline. A lot like Reggie Nelson, in that respect. Does his best free-wheeling it. Jack lets his emotion get him riled up, and I hate that in any close game we always have the threat of an unsportsmanlike flag in the back of our minds as fans.

I kinda wonder if we'd have been better shopping Jack and keeping Scho this offseason?

Its an absolute no-brainer to trade Myles Jack for a 1st rounder but that's not a realistic scenario that would ever be presented.

But in fantasy land, yes, I'd immediately take the 32nd pick overall for him and not blink.

(10-04-2021, 03:36 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Stop trying to keep trading away any bit of talent we have. He may not be hall of fame but we need him

Nonsense, if a player is miscast you don't need him. You need to replace him with someone who fits the role or scheme.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-04-2021, 11:11 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Oh cripes, if anyone offered a first rounder, in a heartbeat.

He has fantastic speed, but lacks discipline. A lot like Reggie Nelson, in that respect. Does his best free-wheeling it. Jack lets his emotion get him riled up, and I hate that in any close game we always have the threat of an unsportsmanlike flag in the back of our minds as fans.

I kinda wonder if we'd have been better shopping Jack and keeping Scho this offseason?

No. Schobert needed to go. He just missed too many opportunities and took bad angles. I always believed that to run an effective 3-4 defense, you needed sideline to sideline ILB's with good coverage skills. Wilson is not good at all and Jack just isn't a coverage guy. We need a "thumper" on the inside with the ability to cover guys out of the backfield and TE's. One LB in this upcoming draft that I love is Devin Lloyd of Utah. He has size (6'3" 235 lbs), a great motor, ability to get after the QB (2 sacks this year) and the coverage skills of a Safety. This season he has 2 interceptions and a PBU and over his career with the Utes, he's basically been their defensive leader. I'd love to draft this kid. I think he could make a noticeable difference in our defense.

(10-04-2021, 03:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Yes I would.

They seem to have him calling the defensive signals again.  They also have him playing ILB.

If I had a better grasp of Dylan Moses' medical condition, I might be a stronger advoate for dealing Jack.

Moses was placed on PUP, IIRC.  That means he will be out at least 8 weeks from when he was placed on it.  If he is healthy enough to play effectively, that would have him back around the Buffalo game.

They put Moses on the NFI (Non Football Injury) list. Pretty sure their plan is to use this year to let him rehab and get his knee back to full strength.

(10-04-2021, 09:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 03:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Yes I would.

They put Moses on the NFI (Non Football Injury) list. Pretty sure their plan is to use this year to let him rehab and get his knee back to full strength.

That is probably for the best...to give him the maximum time to heal completely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!