Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jake Luton (others) on Reserve/COVID 19 list

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If they aren't hospitalized or really sick what difference does it make? The constant harping on this is stupid.

In my life....
Hey guess what I have pneumonia again you think it will make the news? Only if the hospital counts it as a covid case.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(07-22-2021, 09:26 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: If they aren't hospitalized or really sick what difference does it make? The constant harping on this is stupid.

Some people disagree

Quote:NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that the NFL sent a memo to its clubs stating that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week schedule due to a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will forfeit and be credited with a loss, per sources informed of the situation.

In addition, players on both teams will not be paid for the lost contest, and the team responsible for the cancelled game due to unvaccinated players will cover financial losses and be subject to potential discipline from the Commissioner's office.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-ou...elled-game

No pro football team will be forfeiting.

(07-22-2021, 09:26 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: If they aren't hospitalized or really sick what difference does it make? The constant harping on this is stupid.

In my life....
Hey guess what I have pneumonia again you think it will make the news? Only if the hospital counts it as a covid case.

It's only news if you chose not to get vaccinated for pneumonia and this potentially could lead to you losing your job. Luton was already good as gone, this ain't gonna do him any favors.

I think they ought to tell the players that if they miss games from Covid, and they are not vaccinated, they will miss that game check. I don't understand why anyone who is willing the risk the side effects of playing pro football (brain injuries, torn tissues, a lifetime of arthritis, etc.) would be unwilling to risk the comparatively small side effects of a Covid vaccine. They need to think about the team and the effects on the team if they test positive for Covid during the season.

So what's going to happen when vaccinated players start coming down with Covid? lol...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-23-2021, 09:30 AM)Ronster Wrote: So what's going to happen when vaccinated players start coming down with Covid? lol...

I'm sure you know the league's protocol means mostly unvaccinated players will be tested. Only unvaccinated players can cause a forfeit.

Vaccinated players are tested every 2 weeks, unvaccinated every day.

So... when the vaccinated players all get COVID since they will be partying nonstop in their offtime.. the unvaccinated will definitely catch it... since they go 2 weeks before testing. It's gonna be a quagmire.

I wonder what the jags vaccinated rate is. Oh well. Let's hope for the best

Neither of those guys are going to make the roster.

(07-23-2021, 02:11 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Neither of those guys are going to make the roster.

One of them is a first round pick

In my life....

If a few Jags players came down with pneumonia, my guess is that it *would* make the news. But some people are going to see a conspiracy regardless.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2021, 02:25 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

(07-23-2021, 09:30 AM)Ronster Wrote: So what's going to happen when vaccinated players start coming down with Covid? lol...

The vaccinated are already getting infected, you just won't hear it on Fox or CNN. All you hear about is the unvaccinated.

(07-23-2021, 02:24 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:

The vaccinated are already getting infected, you just won't hear it on Fox or CNN. All you hear about is the unvaccinated.

The number of vaccinated getting sick is very, very small in comparison to the unvaccinated. The vaccinated who do get sick most likely have comorbidities or immunity issues. 

Make no mistake, the number of people getting sick are the unvaccinated by a huge margin.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2021, 02:42 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(07-23-2021, 02:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 02:24 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: The vaccinated are already getting infected, you just won't hear it on Fox or CNN. All you hear about is the unvaccinated.

The number of vaccinated getting sick is very, very small in comparison to the unvaccinated. The vaccinated who do get sick most likely have comorbidities or immunity issues. 

Make no mistake, the number of people getting sick are the unvaccinated by a huge margin.

No no... we don't know how many of the vaccinated are getting COVID - because the vaccine lessens the effects - so if they're asymptomatic why get a test? I think we're going to see a lot of 2 week COVID-positive tests for the vaccinated, since it's mandatory regardless of how you feel.

(07-23-2021, 02:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 02:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The number of vaccinated getting sick is very, very small in comparison to the unvaccinated. The vaccinated who do get sick most likely have comorbidities or immunity issues. 

No no... we don't know how many of the vaccinated are getting COVID - because the vaccine lessens the effects - so if they're asymptomatic why get a test? I think we're going to see a lot of 2 week COVID-positive tests for the vaccinated, since it's mandatory regardless of how you feel.

Also it appears from what I have read online is that most of the new cases are for the "Delta Variant". The current vaccine doesn't defend against that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

[Image: 222247248_4872001512814275_8215309517856...e=60FF9484]Also.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2021, 03:03 PM by homebiscuit.)

(07-23-2021, 02:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 02:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The number of vaccinated getting sick is very, very small in comparison to the unvaccinated. The vaccinated who do get sick most likely have comorbidities or immunity issues. 

I'm referring to those who have been hospitalized. 

However, what you're saying is correct. This is where they need to draw a delineation between infected with COVID and exposed to COVID. I'm by no means a medical professional, but it seems to me when an asymptomatic and vaccinated person tests positive for the virus with a nasal swab, this only means they've been exposed to the virus. Does it also mean they can become infectious? Common sense tells me no and the eggheads need to get together and come up with a unified plan of action on how to deal with that scenario. Looking at the hospitalization rates, those who are vaccinated are in no danger to themselves or to others. 

In the meantime, the paranoiacs need to get the shot.

(07-23-2021, 02:52 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 02:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: No no... we don't know how many of the vaccinated are getting COVID - because the vaccine lessens the effects - so if they're asymptomatic why get a test? I think we're going to see a lot of 2 week COVID-positive tests for the vaccinated, since it's mandatory regardless of how you feel.

Also it appears from what I have read online is that most of the new cases are for the "Delta Variant". The current vaccine doesn't defend against that.

Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine works very well against the Delta variant - but only after 2 doses (yahoo.com)