Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2016 AFCS Champs. Houston.

Congrats guys. OBrien just kind of irritates me, but at least he knows what he's doing. L9oks like the division is yours for the taking.

Jax isn't even a threat, Gus should be fired tomorrow but he'll last the season. Which makes your path that much easier.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I watched the Texans Chiefs game yesterday and man Houston looks good. I don't see how the Jags can score more than 14 points against that defense.

Still a long season to go. Who knows what could happen between now and the end of December?

I have to admit though, it's not looking good for the old home team.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 11:48 AM by jradMITEX.)

Quote:Still a long season to go. Who knows what could happen between now and the end of December?

I have to admit though, it's not looking good for the old home team.

I agree, as a Texans fans I still worry about Indy.  People can downplay them, but if Miller doesn't make that strip sack, they still had a chance to win the game at the end, against a team who many consider are one of the tops in the AFC.  People remember the pick 6, which was a great play by Talib, but Luck was evading guys left and right in those two TD drives, he pulled a couple of hoodinis, The TD throw to Gore was a pretty special play that most Qb's cant make, and he had an amazing run on a 3rd and 20 deep in his own territory on one of those drives.   If they can ever get healthy on D and at least slow down people they can win games.  They will pretty much be in every game they play so I won't discount them yet.

I didn't see the Texans game but clearly the Jaguars are still a good head coaching hire away from competing and the colts are digging their hole right now. Tennessee won't be able to compete with the Texans so it looks like it'll be Houston by default again this year.

Divisional rivalry aside, it would be fun to see the Texans beat the Broncos in the playoffs, and to see the look on Elway's face

45% of the Titans' roster from last season was purged. I would like to see this young team continue to make strides and compete but I felt coming into this season that their ceiling was around six wins and I still feel that way. Colts could get their stride back. They played hard against a tough defense. It does look like it's wide open for the Texans, however

Colts have an above average coach with an incompetent GM.

Jaguars have an above average with a Boat Anchor coach.

Texans have an easy path to the division championship.

Quote:Congrats guys. OBrien just kind of irritates me, but at least he knows what he's doing. L9oks like the division is yours for the taking.

Jax isn't even a threat, Gus should be fired tomorrow but he'll last the season. Which makes your path that much easier.

Like others have said. Long way to go. 

Texans @ Patriots

Raiders @ Titans

Ravens @ JagUars

Chargers @ Indy

We could be a lot closer after next week. The first four weeks are about figuring out what's what & who's who. So Bradley totally whiffed on who the Chargers are. Cleveland almost whupped Baltimore & that was a division game. 

I wouldn't put it past the Jags to win the next five. 

ImATexan

Quote:I wouldn't put it past the Jags to win the next five.

I would... two words.. Gus Bradley..you're being too nice..look the Jags have talent, but no way in hell do they win 5 straight with that guy steering the ship.. sorry but it is what it is. He's just not a good coach at all.. feel the same way about Malarkey in Tenn. He sucks too.. Jag fans know that. Until those teams upgrade their coaching staffs I don't see them challenging for a divisional title.. our only threat is Indy and their defense sucks..so does that line..

Quote:I would... two words.. Gus Bradley..you're being too nice..look the Jags have talent, but no way in hell do they win 5 straight with that guy steering the ship.. sorry but it is what it is. He's just not a good coach at all.. feel the same way about Malarkey in Tenn. He sucks too.. Jag fans know that. Until those teams upgrade their coaching staffs I don't see them challenging for a divisional title.. our only threat is Indy and their defense sucks..so does that line..

You can say what you want about Bill "Butt hole chin O'brien".. but he's actually a pretty damn good head coach and that is what will be the difference in this division.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 03:27 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

I mean every other head coach in this division is on the hot seat (Jags should've fired their coach last season, Titans never ever should've hired Malarkey...seriously [BLEEP] was that hire..I thought Bud Addams was dead, and the only reason why Pagano is still coaching is because he had cancer... their coach and G.M. hate eachother it's a train wreck all around. This should be the Jags division in a few seasons.. but due to the current structure of the franchises Texans should be on top for a few years.. note to the rest of the AFC South..... GET BETTER COACHES.. some need a better coach and G.M. (Colts)

Quote:I wouldn't put it past the Jags to win the next five.

You've more faith than I.

Absolutely I'd love it, and we could pull a 2015 Chiefs and rattle off 10 in a row. But from our track record, and then this game that just made no sense, I don't see it happening. I'd be surprised if we string together 2 wins in a row.

If Gus can somehow turn this around, I'd be more than happy. But it needs to start this week. I'd love to not waste ANOTHER season
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 05:10 PM by D6.)

Even with the Patriots QB situation,   the Texans have a huge test Thursday Night.    It's an early season measuring stick for the Texans.   A win over New England could be the difference in getting a higher seed in the playoffs than the Patriots and in general.   Maybe even a bye if the Texans continue to make major strides over the course of the season,

As a Texans fan I wouldn't say we've already won the division, still a long ways to go lol.

Honestly Gus Bradley should be on the hot seat soon, I've said that a few times now but it's becoming increasingly clear that he is yall's issue. With the talent you guys have on defense and with Bortles' steady improvement, there is no excuse for y'all not to finish at least 8-8.

It's been said already, but the main advantage we clearly have in the division is our coaching staff. As much as people make fun of his antics sonetimes, O'Brien has proven he's a solid head coach who gets the very best out of his players. Time will tell if he's an elite head coach in time like Rivera or Belichick or Carrol, but for now he's definitely top 10-12 IMO. Crennel is also still a top defensive coordinator, and Mike Vrabel has been a godsend in terms of improving our linebackers, he's the biggest reason Whitney Mercilus has rounded into a solid all around defender.

What ultimately could derail us, is that we consistently suffer key injuries to impact starters, since Cushing is out again and Nick Martin is done for the season, and of course whether or not Brock can prove to be a solid, at least stable QB. So far he's shown promise, but he's also displayed glaring issues that need to be ironed out that could severely hurt us later in the season.

Much too early to call a division winner. Jags are loaded with talent, Colts still play with a lot of heart and Texans still have an unknown value under center.

Houston is off to a good start for the division, but we haven't even played any division games yet. Maybe after the first series we can better judge how things will end, but right now it's just too early.

Quote:Even with the Patriots QB situation,   the Texans have a huge test Thursday Night.    It's an early season measuring stick for the Texans.   A win over New England could be the difference in getting a higher seed in the playoffs than the Patriots and in general.   Maybe even a bye if the Texans continue to make major strides over the course of the season,

The Patriots aren't a measuring stick at all, they're starting a third string QB.. Houston should win that game, I'm actually more worried about the Vikings game

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 09:13 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

Quote:Much too early to call a division winner. Jags are loaded with talent, Colts still play with a lot of heart and Texans still have an unknown value under center.

Houston is off to a good start for the division, but we haven't even played any division games yet. Maybe after the first series we can better judge how things will end, but right now it's just too early.
Jags have a lot of talent on paper but have they played up to it?.. no. They were praised for their defensive draft and they gave up 38 points to the Chargers.. they ain't there yet, maybe next season or under another coaching staff who can actually develop and bring that talent out.. Houston already has the potential and production on the field to have the best defense in the league, they haven't allowed a TD in their last 6 quarters.. and I can't wait for the divisional games..that's when we're really going to start to pull away in this race

Quote:Jags have a lot of talent on paper but have they played up to it?.. no. They were praised for their defensive draft and they gave up 38 points to the Chargers.. they ain't there yet, maybe next season or under another coaching staff who can actually develop and bring that talent out.. Houston already has the potential and production on the field to have the best defense in the league, they haven't allowed a TD in their last 6 quarters.. and I can't wait for the divisional games..that's when we're really going to start to pull away in this race

I agree the Jags cool aid drinkers we front running, they were basing it on way to much projection instead of reconciling why the Jags were 5-11 last year.  If you watched the games and payed attention they weren't one of those teams that was unlucky in the wins dept.  A lot of their losses weren't competitive.  BB put up great yards and TD numbers but if you watched the games he was underwhelming compared to his stats.  In order for them to win the title they were going to have to make a huge step forward in multiple facets of the game, they were -73 in point differential to get close to zero, your talking a big jump.  Essentially they would have to not only improve greatly but improve relatively greatly compared to the division.  Its wasn't likely for them to go from 5-11 to 9-7.   

Quote:I would... two words.. Gus Bradley..you're being too nice..look the Jags have talent, but no way in hell do they win 5 straight with that guy steering the ship..

Yeah... I'm not saying they will, or that it's probable. It was more of a,"You never know."

Ravens, Colts, Bears, Raiders, Titans

I'm not talking murderer's row. Had Josh McCown not got hurt, the Ravens would be 0-2.

The Colts are 0-2, Bears are going to have to get lucky in the next half hour to not be 0-2.

Raiders could just as easily be 0-2 (Del Rio)

Titans... Mularky

All those teams are probably picking in the top 11 next draft.
ImATexan