Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Next 2 Games

I think it's pretty safe to say that Gus will be coaching for his job the next 2 weeks. If he goes 0-2 I believe we will use the bye week to fire him, giving the interim coach an extra week to get prepared. Also to have any hope of having the season most of us were hoping for, they'll need to win the next 2. If we can go into the bye at 2-2, I think that will heal all of these wounds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

According to early Vegas odds the Jags are actually favored next week.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We really need to win these next two games

If we can't beat Baltimore, I might tap out for the rest of the season.

Gus shoulda been coaching for his job last season..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Serious question.....if Gus gets fires what defense does Wash go to?

Same?

34?

43?

News flash Cyp ain't Earl.

And neither is Gip

Probably not but hopefully Gus job is on the line next week

Quote:According to early Vegas odds the Jags are actually favored next week.
Thank you.  Gonna start betting against Jags every week.  I would pay to see my team win.  Either we win or I win money, Win Win :yes:

Gus won't be fired till season end, unfortunately.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Serious question.....if Gus gets fires what defense does Wash go to?

Same?

34?

43?
Wash????

If Gus is gone, Wash is super gone.

Quote:Gus won't be fired till season end, unfortunately.

I don't know if I can force myself to watch 14 more games of this garbage.

Quote:Serious question.....if Gus gets fires what defense does Wash go to?

Same?

34?

43?

Same D with maybe a tweak or two. They aren't making a dramatic scheme change mid season. Any major defensive changes will have to wait until the off season.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Wash????

If Gus is gone, Wash is super gone.

Well dang NY. If we fire em all after Baltimore, who is gonna coach?

We only need to fire Gus. I actually think Wash can do something with his own scheme.

Quote:Well dang NY. If we fire em all after Baltimore, who is gonna coach?

We only need to fire Gus. I actually think Wash can do something with his own scheme.
I think Wash was the most exposed element of the coaching staff today. He showed up to a knife fight with a water gun. He had his guys so horribly mismatched with no answer it was ridiculous. 

Quote:Same D with maybe a tweak or two. They aren't making a dramatic scheme change mid season. Any major defensive changes will have to wait until the off season.
Exactly, you don't just completely change your scheme mid season.

I do believe this team has the personnel where they could successfully run both 4-3 and 3-4 during the season though. Similar to what the Patriots have did in the past.

Certain areas/situations call for different looks. More Defensive looks can cause more issues for the opposing Offenses. etc etc

It also lets you get your best players on the field, more often than not.

Quote:I think Wash was the most exposed element of the coaching staff today. He showed up to a knife fight with a water gun. He had his guys so horribly mismatched with no answer it was ridiculous.
Agree, who has he learned under though?

Quote:Agree, who has he learned under though?
No argument there.  That's why I said if Gus is gone, so is Wash.