Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is the Miata a "chick car"?

(08-02-2021, 11:16 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 10:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: If you are looking for a gender-stereotyped vehicle, though, the old Suzuki Sidekick has to be in the conversation.

It's the perfect vehicle for someone who thinks dogs were meant to be carried around in a purse.  Big Grin

And what about the Subaru Outback? Isn’t it the preferred car for lesbians?

Always pictured the Mini Cooper as the stereotypical car for lesbians. Cool
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I had a Neon back in the day and did a lot of SCCA racing. Miata's owned the autocrosses.

Look at all these queers
[Image: landscape-1429880916-roa050115fea-spec-4.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 05:59 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-02-2021, 04:26 PM)UHard_Eight Wrote: I had a Neon back in the day and did a lot of SCCA racing. Miata's owned the autocrosses.

Look at all these queers
[Image: landscape-1429880916-roa050115fea-spec-4.jpg]

Yeah, theyre all up each other’s [BLEEP]!  They’ve got a train going on.  Smile

Well, If we’re stereotyping vehicles, I’ve only seen one white person drive a Chrysler 300.

I once saw a bad [BLEEP] lifted F-150 with a nice boat attached. It was in a Publix parking lot while I waited on my wife. You know some white dude rocking the Columbia PFG gear, Costas, board shorts and flip flops is gonna drive off in it. Turns out I was wrong. It was a black fellow. I wasn’t expecting that. Go him!

(08-02-2021, 10:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: If you are looking for a gender-stereotyped vehicle, though, the old Suzuki Sidekick has to be in the conversation.

It's the perfect vehicle for someone who thinks dogs were meant to be carried around in a purse.  Big Grin

You're thinking of the Honda Ridgeline.

(08-02-2021, 08:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 11:16 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: And what about the Subaru Outback? Isn’t it the preferred car for lesbians?

You're thinking of the Honda Ridgeline.

I see them driving wranglers and F-150’s.  I drive a F150 too. Call me a lesbian. I think I’d make a great one.

I saw a really nice F-150 yesterday with a large back window decal that said "I identify as an F-250"

(08-02-2021, 08:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I saw a really nice F-150 yesterday with a large back window decal that said "I identify as an F-250"

That’s hilarious!

No self respecting man would ever drive a miata. My phone even tried to auto correct miata with "mistake".

(08-02-2021, 11:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No self respecting man would ever drive a miata.  

So which year do you own?

(08-03-2021, 07:36 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 11:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No self respecting man would ever drive a miata.  

So which year do you own?

TBH, I was shocked to to hear they were even still being made. Might be the 2nd worst car ever manufactured behind the PT Cruiser.

(08-03-2021, 07:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 07:36 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: So which year do you own?

TBH, I was shocked to to hear they were even still being made. Might be the 2nd worst car ever manufactured behind the PT Cruiser.

You might be surprised to know that they are regularly modded and tracked and have quite the cult following apparently. Gearheads like them because they're famously reliable and easy to work on.

(08-03-2021, 07:51 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 07:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: TBH, I was shocked to to hear they were even still being made. Might be the 2nd worst car ever manufactured behind the PT Cruiser.

You might be surprised to know that they are regularly modded and tracked and have quite the cult following apparently. Gearheads like them because they're famously reliable and easy to work on.

My son's old Mazda was the only car I've ever worked on that actually created relief points on the engine to access hard-to-reach bolts to avoid removing one thing to get to another. I was amazed engineers took the time to think of that. 

My wife's old Honda CRV was the worst. In order to equalize weight distribution to give the vehicle more stability, the engine and transaxle were pushed as far forward as possible. There was loads of open space between the engine and firewall, which meant everything forward was assembled like a Rubic's cube. Replacing the alternator, a simple job on almost any other car, was a nightmare. The starter was so confined that after taking one look at it, I paid a good shade tree mechanic I know to do it. It took him over two hours and he vowed to never do it again. 

It's always been my belief that one engineer every year should be led out and shot as a warning to the others.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 08:26 AM by Mikey.)

....but not the kind you see in the 'movies' Wink

(08-02-2021, 11:53 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Speaking of stereotypes, I own a RAM 3/4 ton. Got some funny looks when I pullied up to the Mazda dealer and asked to test drive a Miata.

"Sir, I am required to ask - you are not going to try to drive your truck over the Miata, are you?"

OK, I have to ask. Toyota Prius; is there a stereotypical driver?

This one came to mind as I read the Taven Bryan thread because by God if DL were cars, Taven would be a Prius.

(08-03-2021, 08:25 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 11:53 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Speaking of stereotypes, I own a RAM 3/4 ton. Got some funny looks when I pullied up to the Mazda dealer and asked to test drive a Miata.

"Sir, I am required to ask - you are not going to try to drive your truck over the Miata, are you?"

"No, but I might throw it into the bed and tote it home if I decide to get it."

(08-02-2021, 11:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: No self respecting man would ever drive a miata. My phone even tried to auto correct miata with "mistake".

Lots of men say that. Then they drive one, and they get it. Still may not be for them, but they get why it is for a lot of people, including men.

Have you ever taken one out on a road course or up into the hills?

(08-03-2021, 08:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: OK, I have to ask. Toyota Prius; is there a stereotypical driver?

This one came to mind as I read the Taven Bryan thread because by God if DL were cars, Taven would be a Prius.

Taven would be one of the newer Chargers. Lots of power, just don’t ask him to turn.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 06:11 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-03-2021, 08:25 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 11:16 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: And what about the Subaru Outback? Isn’t it the preferred car for lesbians?

....but not the kind you see in the 'movies' Wink

You mean to tell me, if I run this here truck over that Miata, I’m going to go Ahh ahhh ahhh uhhh?  

Please tell me that was a “Devils Rejects” reference.  If so, +1 for being awesome.

(08-03-2021, 06:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 08:25 AM)Mikey Wrote: ....but not the kind you see in the 'movies' Wink

You mean to tell me, if I run this here truck over that Miata, I’m going to go Ahh ahhh ahhh uhhh?  

Please tell me that was a “Devils Rejects” reference.  If so, +1 for being awesome.

While I've seen the flick, the things I did back in the days when that flick came out have prevented me from remembering bits of dialogue.

Sorry if I am disappointment.

(08-04-2021, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 06:10 PM)Jags Wrote: You mean to tell me, if I run this here truck over that Miata, I’m going to go Ahh ahhh ahhh uhhh?  

While I've seen the flick, the things I did back in the days when that flick came out have prevented me from remembering bits of dialogue.

Sorry if I am disappointment.

[Image: nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato