Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN says Jaguars are NFL"s most improved team..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

After preseason, I figure the Jags will be one of the league's"dark horse" candidates to make a run. Whether that would actually happen is up for debate but it's progress even to be in that conversation.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

From the link: 

Key losses: WR Keelan Cole, CB D.J. Hayden, QB Mike Glennon, TE Tyler Eifert

How seriously can we take this article?

(08-04-2021, 08:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: From the link: 

The only thing I can think of, and take this with a grain of salt: they are talking about people who started/contributed significantly games last year: Glennon DID start 5 games last year. Cole had 55/642/5 TDs. Eifert played in 15 games. 

As for Hayden....he played 5 games. I got nothing.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(08-04-2021, 08:47 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 08:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: From the link: 

The only thing I can think of, and take this with a grain of salt: they are talking about people who started/contributed significantly games last year: Glennon DID start 5 games last year. Cole had 55/642/5 TDs. Eifert played in 15 games. 

As for Hayden....he played 5 games. I got nothing.

I didn't realize Glennon had started that many games. Just goes to show how the mind blocks out unpleasant memories.

Wouldn't mind getting Eifert back.

(08-04-2021, 09:59 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Wouldn't mind getting Eifert back.

Why? What did he do for us last year?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Key losses = a bunch of scrubs. Cole was decent and westbrook fell off for some reason.

(08-04-2021, 10:05 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 09:59 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Wouldn't mind getting Eifert back.

Why? What did he do for us last year?

Other than having more yards, receptions, and touchdowns than any TE currently on the roster...nothing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-04-2021, 12:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 10:05 AM)Dimson Wrote: Why? What did he do for us last year?

Other than having more yards, receptions, and touchdowns than any TE currently on the roster...nothing.

Agreed. There were lots of better options before free agency and the draft. But now? Not so much.

(08-04-2021, 12:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 10:05 AM)Dimson Wrote: Why? What did he do for us last year?

That's not a really high bar...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I do believe this team has improved overall...

QB: better
RB: better
WR: better
TE: same
OL: same
ST: same
CB: better
DS: better
LB: same
DL: better
Rush: same
Coaching: better

(08-05-2021, 08:18 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I do believe this team has improved overall...

Based on what I'm hearing out of camp, I'd say the addition of Manhertz (who's showing more pass catching ability than advertised) and the return to health of O'Shaughnessy makes the TE group better than it was at the end of last year. That doesn't make it good by any means, just improved.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-05-2021, 08:06 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 12:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Other than having more yards, receptions, and touchdowns than any TE currently on the roster...nothing.

Why, when we essentially have the same tight ends now?  You inferred he did nothing.  You were wrong.

(08-05-2021, 08:18 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I do believe this team has improved overall...

I mean, that should be expected when you win 1 game and then have an offseason with the most cap space, almost most draft picks, and highest picks.

We're obviously better, the question is are we better by as much as we could be/should be? I think that answer is a resounding no.

I think Manherz is a pretty good addition, he's not Kelce but he can play. Ellefson seems to be making a move, O'Shag is healthy, and Farrell is a draft pick. That gives us four plus Davis from last year's draft and then Teebs. I think it's a pretty good group without Eifert.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-05-2021, 08:06 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 12:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Other than having more yards, receptions, and touchdowns than any TE currently on the roster...nothing.

The fact that it's not really a high bar is even more reason to bring Eifert back.  You're basically saying that our TEs suck (because it's such a low bar) - so why shouldn't we bring back the starter from last year that has outperformed every "low bar" TE currently on our roster?

Why would Eiftert be a good signing? He was here last season, was let go and is apparently still a free agent which means that none of the other 31 franchises wanted him.

(08-05-2021, 05:33 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Why would Eiftert be a good signing? He was here last season, was let go and is apparently still a free agent which means that none of the other 31 franchises wanted him.

Pretty simple.  He was better than every TE we had on the roster last year and other than Manhertz it's the same group.

(08-04-2021, 10:40 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Key losses = a bunch of scrubs. Cole was decent and westbrook fell off for some reason.

1 reception for 4 yards in 2020.  I think he's setting himself up for comeback player of the year.  Heck, if he totals 8 yards in 2021 he will have doubled his output.