Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Walker Little looks better than advertised..

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 04:36 AM by Bullseye.)

(08-10-2021, 12:39 PM)Upper Wrote: If you took Joeckel and gave him good feet he would be a lot like Little.

Better feet, more size and more power.

I'm hearing they have put Little on the right side the past few practices.

If nothing else, that endangers Will Richardson's spot on the roster as the swing tackle.  But more likely, he pushes Taylor to get better or get benched.

(08-10-2021, 11:51 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...34628?s=19

Nothing against Smoot, but this made me smile.

(08-10-2021, 01:55 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 01:38 PM)Dimson Wrote: To be fair, Joekel was one of the top 2 OT prospects the year he was drafted.

It is interesting that Fisher was the more risky selection but he has been more like the first round oline selection. It is a shame that Joekel didn't work. I hope Little is a big win for our picks. Get the best protection for our QB possible

Completely agree.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Little is going to be really good, I’m telling ya

Little has shooketh Cam:

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...9909219344

Kind of a silly follow up. They are potentially competing for the LT spot.

(08-11-2021, 02:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Little has shooketh Cam:

Does she really think he's going to be like a "big brother" to the guy who's trying to take his job?  What a question.

(08-11-2021, 02:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 02:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Little has shooketh Cam:

Does she really think he's going to be like a "big brother" to the guy who's trying to take his job?  What a question.

Some reporters judge their success or failure based on how much they can irritate the player. Don't ask me why,,,
A new broom always sweeps clean.

It's a dumb question, almost everyone gets asked that, and almost everyone answers with less disdain than that lol.

(08-11-2021, 03:05 PM)Upper Wrote: It's a dumb question, almost everyone gets asked that, and almost everyone answers with less disdain than that lol.
I believe they asked the same question to Minshew before.

(08-11-2021, 03:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 03:05 PM)Upper Wrote: It's a dumb question, almost everyone gets asked that, and almost everyone answers with less disdain than that lol.
I believe they asked the same question to Minshew before.

Yes she did, and he answered it much better lol.

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...4943079427

Cam looks a little salty. Like it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-11-2021, 03:32 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 03:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I believe they asked the same question to Minshew before.

Yes she did, and he answered it much better lol.

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...4943079427
Well one guy is in a legit battle the other is saying the right things to keep a solid hold on the #2 job.

Cam should be salty and mad and feel the heat. If he wants to keep his job.
Minshew has less than a 1% chance at staving off the rookie.

Also Minshew is an QB and a leader. They tend to answer questions like that differently imo.

Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Little, Taylor
Richardson, Bartch, Shatley, Cann, Richardson

This wouldn't be a bad o-line for Trevor..

(08-12-2021, 12:37 AM)chris hill Wrote: Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Little, Taylor

Except for the fact that Little hasn't taken any reps at RG (or at G in general) and Cann, from all reports has been one of the most steady OL guys throughout all of camp. I haven't seen anything but good things about Cann this camp.

Little will either be taking over the starting LT position, or he'll be taking over the Swing Tackle position and possibly be pushing Richardson out the door.

(08-12-2021, 12:37 AM)chris hill Wrote: Robinson, Norwell, Linder, Little, Taylor

From what I've read, Cann is really having a good camp. He improved a lot last season. I keep him at RG. If Little is gonna start, it should be at one of the OT positions. That is our weak spots. 

Our O-Line should look a lot different next year. Cam will be an UFA, Norwell's cap number will be $16 million next season and only $3 million in dead cap if he is cut. I can't see him playing for us in 2022 at that current number. Brandon Linder will have a $10 million cap number in 2022 with no dead money if he is cut, so there is like a 90% chance he will be gone after this season, if his deal isn't re-worked and A.J. Cann will be an UFA after this season as well. Hopefully, Little can take over at LT sooner rather than later and Bartch will slide in at starting LG. Shatley will be an UFA as well in 2022, so we'll probably be in the market for a new Center after this season, unless Linder gets a new deal. Will Richardson will be an UFA as well, but I have a feeling he might struggle to make the team this year.

If you think they’re cutting Linder you ain’t that bright.

(08-12-2021, 08:02 AM)NoShoes Wrote: If you think they’re cutting Linder you ain’t that bright.

I'm hoping they try to re-work his deal at a lower price, but I highly doubt he's coming back in 2022 at a $10 million price tag.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 08:20 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-12-2021, 08:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:02 AM)NoShoes Wrote: If you think they’re cutting Linder you ain’t that bright.

I'm hoping they try to re-work his deal at a lower price, but I highly doubt he's coming back in 2022 at a $10 million price tag.

Why not?   For reference, here are the salaries of centers.   Linder is not in the top 5.  

https://overthecap.com/position/center/

I think they'll try to do an extension, but there's nothing exorbitant about his current salary.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 08:33 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-12-2021, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm hoping they try to re-work his deal at a lower price, but I highly doubt he's coming back in 2022 at a $10 million price tag.

Why not?   For reference, here are the salaries of centers.   Linder is not in the top 5.  

I think they'll try to do an extension, but there's nothing exorbitant about his current salary.

I love Linder when he plays, but $10 million for a guy who has only had one season in his career where he played 16 games is a bit much. Especially if we lose our "safety net", Tyler Shatley to free agency. I'm hoping he gets a re-worked extension. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if a Center was selected by us somewhere in the first 3 rounds of the 2022 draft.

(08-12-2021, 08:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why not?   For reference, here are the salaries of centers.   Linder is not in the top 5.  

I love Linder when he plays, but $10 million for a guy who has only had one season in his career where he played 16 games is a bit much. Especially if we lose our "safety net", Tyler Shatley to free agency. I'm hoping he gets a re-worked extension. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if a Center was selected by us somewhere in the first 3 rounds of the 2022 draft.
This would have been a pretty decent yer to take a C in the draft.

That said, I think we currently have decent depth along the interior three. 

I do want to see Derwin Gray in action though.  I've heard he has showed signs of dominance in the running game.

Pittsburgh gave up on him.

Hopefully, he'll be one of those guys they regret letting go and become a contributor for us.

(08-12-2021, 08:43 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I love Linder when he plays, but $10 million for a guy who has only had one season in his career where he played 16 games is a bit much. Especially if we lose our "safety net", Tyler Shatley to free agency. I'm hoping he gets a re-worked extension. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if a Center was selected by us somewhere in the first 3 rounds of the 2022 draft.
This would have been a pretty decent yer to take a C in the draft.

That said, I think we currently have decent depth along the interior three. 

I do want to see Derwin Gray in action though.  I've heard he has showed signs of dominance in the running game.

Pittsburgh gave up on him.

Hopefully, he'll be one of those guys they regret letting go and become a contributor for us.

He's the real X-factor. Bartch should be the expected starter at one of the OG spots, but can Gray claim the other one if we let Cann leave? We should all be keeping a close eye on him.