Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars are looking for a 1 year turnaround.

Looks like another 3 year rebuild period is out the window.  The Jags are looking for almost  immediate improvement!  I like it.  The team had some talent and this staff had a boat load of picks and salary cap to rebuild the roster.

https://www.nfl.com/news/encouraging-sig...-under-urb
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-06-2021, 07:10 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Looks like another 3 year rebuild period is out the window.  The Jags are looking for almost  immediate improvement!  I like it.  The team had some talent and this staff had a boat load of picks and salary cap to rebuild the roster.

https://www.nfl.com/news/encouraging-sig...-under-urb

Great article. Thanks for sharing.

Just because we want it doesn’t mean it will happen but I like the aspirations. After years of looking to the future, a win now mentality is refreshing. Just wonder how Jag fan will react when Lawrence has the inevitable 180 yard, 3 turnover rookie game. Hopefully understand that growth is a way to measure success too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think when you have the amount of draft capital we had in Spring combined with the top pick being the best QB prospect to come out in many years, you absolutely should be thinking quick turnaround.

One year is probably overly ambitious, and while I think it'll be 2022 before we are really contending for a post-season run, you don't get there by waiting around and making ornate plans.

(08-07-2021, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think when you have the amount of draft capital we had in Spring combined with the top pick being the best QB prospect to come out in many years, you absolutely should be thinking quick turnaround.

One year is probably overly ambitious, and I think it'll be 2022 before we are really contending for a post-season run, you don't get there by waiting around and making ornate plans.

The way I see it doing a decent job of stopping the run probably wins 3-4 more games last season. Having a decent QB wins another 2-3. Having a QB that's better than middle tier starter probably gets you another 2-3 games over that. So if the team just stopped the run well and Trevor is a mid tier QB in his first year then the jaguars probably win 6-8 games this season. If ETN is worth his draft position and Trevor has a good rookie season then I figure the Jags could have a winning record.

(08-07-2021, 11:58 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-07-2021, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think when you have the amount of draft capital we had in Spring combined with the top pick being the best QB prospect to come out in many years, you absolutely should be thinking quick turnaround.

One year is probably overly ambitious, and I think it'll be 2022 before we are really contending for a post-season run, you don't get there by waiting around and making ornate plans.

The way I see it doing a decent job of stopping the run probably wins 3-4 more games last season. Having a decent QB wins another 2-3. Having a QB that's better than middle tier starter probably gets you another 2-3 games over that. So if the team just stopped the run well and Trevor is a mid tier QB in his first year then the jaguars probably win 6-8 games this season. If ETN is worth his draft position and Trevor has a good rookie season then I figure the Jags could have a winning record.
Basically this, for those that watched the games and understood what was going wrong. Decent QB play from a number 1 "game-changing" prospect and better oline blocking gives us 7 to 8 wins. Year 2 should be playoff contention. yr 3 no question and so forth. Unless he is a bust and our personnel hangs it up during the year, this shouldn't be a problem at all. TLaw is the outlier if everything holds firm and improves even slightly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Realistically, this team could go .500 and it would be considered a huge turnaround from last season..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I know I bought what the team sold us during the Caldwell years but was it really a smart plan to gut the roster and say year 3 is when to judge the team?

Gus years were a total failure in mindset, franchise and life. That is a text book of how not to run a franchise. Even worse is how proud they were of speaking about that plan.

I really hope this is the start of a realy franchise rebirth and not a #becausejaguars nightmare
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-09-2021, 11:42 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I know I bought what the team sold us during the Caldwell years but was it really a smart plan to gut the roster and say year 3 is when to judge the team?

Gus years were a total failure in mindset, franchise and life. That is a text book of how not to run a franchise. Even worse is how proud they were of speaking about that plan.

I really hope this is the start of a realy franchise rebirth and not a #becausejaguars nightmare

In fairness, Caldwell did Year 1 last offseason, so Meyer is ahead already. Then consider that TLaw fell in our lap, that's not really the same place Bobblehead started from either. It's the same franchise but some very distinct circumstances.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Beware the Ides of #BecauseJaguars