Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Good Luck With That Honey.......

Woman sues McDonald’s after burger ad compelled her to break Lent fast: report

Ksenia Ovchinnikova claims she was lured into indulging in a juicy McDonald’s burger — and now she’s not lovin’ it.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/woman-sues...-raykVSt3Q
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is nothing about McDonald's that makes me think, "Hmmm. I'm hungry and NEED some McDonald's."

Is she just now feeling guilty? Did someone see it on social media and threaten to "out" her for her transgression so she's suing to save face? BeIng extorted for 1000 rubles? Inquiring minds want to know!

I get a hankering for a Big Mac and fries on occasion. It's been awhile, though.

Now that I'm thinking of it...

(08-09-2021, 04:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I get a hankering for a Big Mac and fries on occasion. It's been awhile, though.

There was a time when I'd eat fast food every other day.

Now, I honestly can't remember the last time I stopped at a fast food joint.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-09-2021, 04:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 04:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I get a hankering for a Big Mac and fries on occasion. It's been awhile, though.

There was a time when I'd eat fast food every other day.

It's getting to be a real rarity with me, as well. But now that I'm thinking of a Big Mac and fries, a visit to the drive thru might be in order later.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 04:35 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-09-2021, 04:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 04:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: There was a time when I'd eat fast food every other day.

It's getting to be a real rarity with me, as well. But now that I'm thinking of a Big Mac and fries, a visit to the drive thru might be in order later.

I think the best chance for me will be Whatta Burger.  They're all over the place out here.

That, or Jack In The Box...I haven't been to one of them for 30 years.

(08-09-2021, 04:34 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 04:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's getting to be a real rarity with me, as well. But now that I'm thinking of a Big Mac and fries, a visit to the drive thru might be in order later.

I think the best chance for me will be Whatta Burger.  They're all over the place out here.

The patty melt at Whataburger is heavenly, and it has enough calories to sustain a grown man for at least 3 days.

(08-09-2021, 04:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 04:34 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I think the best chance for me will be Whatta Burger.  They're all over the place out here.

The patty melt at Whataburger is heavenly, and it has enough calories to sustain a grown man for at least 3 days.

Although, I must say I've always been fond of the EggaMuffin at the golden arches.

(08-09-2021, 04:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 04:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The patty melt at Whataburger is heavenly, and it has enough calories to sustain a grown man for at least 3 days.

Although, I must say I've always been fond of the EggaMuffin at the golden arches.

McGriddle and a coffee.

[Image: 01FAA74D-0AAA-7771-1A5EEF4A84692267.jpg]

Count me in on the rarely ever hitting up the fast food joints. I used to like the steak and and cheese bagel from MCD’s though. I have had Culver’s a few times in the past few months. That place is pretty good. I’m not sure if it’s fast food or not. Kinda like zackbys. I suppose. I’ve never actually been to it. Just gotten food taken home when the wife stopped by.

Every once in a while I get a craving for a whopper with cheese and we'll hit the king..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-09-2021, 06:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Every once in a while I get a craving for a whopper with cheese and we'll hit the king..

Yeah, buddy! 

You just destroyed the last vestiges of my resistance to going out for a hamburger tonight.

May I suggest making it a double whopper with cheese? Back when I could eat whatever I wanted without getting fat I dug those bad boys too!

(08-09-2021, 07:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 06:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Every once in a while I get a craving for a whopper with cheese and we'll hit the king..

Yeah, buddy! 

You just destroyed the last vestiges of my resistance to going out for a hamburger tonight.

lolol you're welcome!!

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 07:44 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

This thread reminded me about a catering van I saw.  It was called Obies I think.  I thought it said Philly Station On the side.  The letters were small, we were headed in opposite directions.  I just googled and it’s “Filling Station”.  What a let down.  As a Philly born kid, it’s been hard to find a really good cheesesteak in Fl.  I’ve only found TAPS bar and grill that have gotten close and even use the Amarosa bread.  There’s a place in historic st Augustine “South-a-Philly” but their rolls  suck.  He claims he can’t get the rolls due to being so far away.  But yet TAPS can get it??

Edit: I just google Amarosa bread.  It says it’s a “family” owned company.  Haha. Yes, yes it is.

(08-09-2021, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote: This thread reminded me about a catering van I saw.  It was called Obies I think.  I thought it said Philly Station On the side.  The letters were small, we were headed in opposite directions.  I just googled and it’s “Filling Station”.  What a let down.  As a Philly born kid, it’s been hard to find a really good cheesesteak in Fl.  I’ve only found TAPS bar and grill that have gotten close and even use the Amarosa bread.  There’s a place in historic st Augustine “South-a-Philly” but their rolls  suck.  He claims he can’t get the rolls due to being so far away.  But yet TAPS can get it??

Edit: I just google Amarosa bread.  It says it’s a “family” owned company.  Haha. Yes, yes it is.

Ya know, Publix used to make a really good cheese steak.. I don't know if they make them anymore or not, but I used to get one at least once a month..

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 07:52 PM by Jags. Edited 4 times in total.)

(08-09-2021, 07:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote: This thread reminded me about a catering van I saw.  It was called Obies I think.  I thought it said Philly Station On the side.  The letters were small, we were headed in opposite directions.  I just googled and it’s “Filling Station”.  What a let down.  As a Philly born kid, it’s been hard to find a really good cheesesteak in Fl.  I’ve only found TAPS bar and grill that have gotten close and even use the Amarosa bread.  There’s a place in historic st Augustine “South-a-Philly” but their rolls  suck.  He claims he can’t get the rolls due to being so far away.  But yet TAPS can get it??

Ya know, Publix used to make a really good cheese steak.. I don't know if they make them anymore or not, but I used to get one at least once a month..

I’ve never tried that.  Idk if they still have it still either.  I’m a board head ultimate guy!  Slather on the Mayo both sides heavy!  Hell, they’re so good, I can eat just the veggie one without the meat (as long as I’m off the next day).  If they still offer it, I’ll have to give it a try.

Edit: I promise I’m not [BLEEP]. Steve Jobs and his phone make me look that way. Wow, I didn’t know that word was censored.  I promise, I’m not a moron.  We’ll go with that. And I’ll ask that y’all take a leap of faith in believing me.

(08-09-2021, 07:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Coming from somebody who grew up in Philly, there's a place in Atlantic Beach that had the most 'authentic' cheesesteak I've had.  Philly Connection?  But I may not be remembering correctly on thr name.  It's been a few years.

(08-09-2021, 08:18 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 07:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya know, Publix used to make a really good cheese steak.. I don't know if they make them anymore or not, but I used to get one at least once a month..

Coming from somebody who grew up in Philly, there's a place in Atlantic Beach that had the most 'authentic' cheesesteak I've had.  Philly Connection?  But I may not be remembering correctly on thr name.  It's been a few years.

I forgot about that place.. Definitely a good one..

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 08:39 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-09-2021, 08:18 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 07:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya know, Publix used to make a really good cheese steak.. I don't know if they make them anymore or not, but I used to get one at least once a month..

I remember Philly Connection.  I liked their cheesesteaks.  There was one at the mall and one off US1 and CR 210 in a small shopping center.  Those were good.  Pretty close. If nothing else, pretty damn good eating. Both of those closed down if I’m not mistaken.   I also remember the big soft pretzels we used to order in school up in Philly.  Can’t remember the name.  But that was always a treat as well!