Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“We all quit”

Bad management, what did you expect.....

Lincoln Family Dollar back open after “We all quit” sign posted on door Sunday

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - A Family Dollar store in Lincoln is back open Monday, after having a sign on its door the previous day indicating everyone had quit.

The store located near 48th Street and Leighton Avenue was closed on Sunday with this message posted on the entrance: “We all Quit. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

https://www.knopnews2.com/2021/08/08/emp...nt6mgluSTM
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I haven’t read the article. I’m guessing it’s similar to the BK/Wendy’s or whatever that did the same thing a month or so ago. Terrible working conditions, too many hours. I can’t say I blame them. I wanna quit my job too.

(08-09-2021, 06:49 PM)Jags Wrote: I haven’t read the article.  I’m guessing it’s similar to the BK/Wendy’s or whatever that did the same thing a month or so ago. Terrible working conditions, too many hours.  I can’t say I blame them.  I wanna quit my job too.

You're not the only one dude.. My mom lives in Green Cove also (we're a couple of miles apart) and I had to hire a 3rd lawn service this week for her yard. She normally gets out there on her riding mower and mows it herself but she has cancer and is going through chemo and radiation.. Two times now, I've gotten phone calls from 2 different companies telling me that they can't mow her lawn because of crew members quitting. She has about a 3/4 acre lawn and it normally takes about a half hour to complete, with edging and weed eating.. 

The new company came out yesterday and did a fantastic job, but just waiting for that other shoe to drop..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 07:21 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-09-2021, 06:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 06:49 PM)Jags Wrote: I haven’t read the article.  I’m guessing it’s similar to the BK/Wendy’s or whatever that did the same thing a month or so ago. Terrible working conditions, too many hours.  I can’t say I blame them.  I wanna quit my job too.

You're not the only one dude.. My mom lives in Green Cove also (we're a couple of miles apart) and I had to hire a 3rd lawn service this week for her yard. She normally gets out there on her riding mower and mows it herself but she has cancer and is going through chemo and radiation.. Two times now, I've gotten phone calls from 2 different companies telling me that they can't mow her lawn because of crew members quitting. She has about a 3/4 acre lawn and it normally takes about a half hour to complete, with edging and weed eating.. 

The new company came out yesterday and did a fantastic job, but just waiting for that other shoe to drop..

I’m sorry to hear that about your mom.  Thoughts and prayers for her!   Cancer sucks!  Maybe it should be the one quitting!!

It’s been crazy for sure.  We’ve, unfortunately, resorted to turning down all new clients.  Turned down a referral from a client and a guy that wanted full contract right next door to a current client.  I’ve been sending the new stuff to a guy I met earlier this year that just started out. He’ll have a good first year, I hope. I’ve already sent him a dozen or so people looking for service. I’m really glad I can help him. However, it sucks because I already bought a truck trailer and all the equipment for another crew.  Couldn’t find extra help and actually lost a guy. I probably could’ve had that crew filled up quite nice with work by now if I had the help.

(08-09-2021, 07:11 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 06:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You're not the only one dude.. My mom lives in Green Cove also (we're a couple of miles apart) and I had to hire a 3rd lawn service this week for her yard. She normally gets out there on her riding mower and mows it herself but she has cancer and is going through chemo and radiation.. Two times now, I've gotten phone calls from 2 different companies telling me that they can't mow her lawn because of crew members quitting. She has about a 3/4 acre lawn and it normally takes about a half hour to complete, with edging and weed eating.. 

I’m sorry to hear that about your mom.  Thoughts and prayers for her!   Cancer sucks!  Maybe it should be the one quitting!!

It’s been crazy for sure.  We’ve, unfortunately, resorted to turning down all new clients.  Turned down a referral from a client and a guy that wanted full contract right next door to a current client.  I’ve been sending the new stuff to a guy I met earlier this year that just started out. He’ll have a good first year, I hope. I’ve already sent him a dozen or so people looking for service. I’m really glad I can help him. However, it sucks because I already bought a truck trailer and all the equipment for another crew.  Couldn’t find extra help and actually lost a guy. I probably could’ve had that crew filled up quite nice with work by now if I had the help.

Thanks dude, the prayers are definitely welcomed.. The thing is, she wants to get out there and mow it herself again, but she can't. She was warned by the oncologist to stay out of the sun and heat. It's only for 5 more weeks and she can get out there and mow it herself if she feels up to it. 

Just wait dude, this crap can't go on forever.. Sooner or later, you'll be flooded with applications and a full crew..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-09-2021, 04:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Bad management, what did you expect.....

Lincoln Family Dollar back open after “We all quit” sign posted on door Sunday

LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) - A Family Dollar store in Lincoln is back open Monday, after having a sign on its door the previous day indicating everyone had quit.

The store located near 48th Street and Leighton Avenue was closed on Sunday with this message posted on the entrance: “We all Quit. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

https://www.knopnews2.com/2021/08/08/emp...nt6mgluSTM

In the olden days, this was called a strike. And just like in the olden days, they apparently still work.