Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags release first depth chart..

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 12:34 AM by chris hill. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...0408647687

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 01:38 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's nice to see DaVon Hamilton listed as the #1 NT. I have very high hopes for this guy. He looked really good last season before getting injured. The one area that really concerns me is OLB. We are an injury away from really struggling to find competent pass rushers. I just don't think we did enough in the off season to add good edge rushers. We concentrated so much on adding guys that could stop the run, that we forgot 3-4 scheme needs good OLB's. Both of our starters are coming off injury and I don't see any depth behind them. I'm praying Allen and Chaisson stay healthy this season or we could struggle.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 01:42 AM by chris hill. Edited 2 times in total.)

notice cj henderson is the 5th cb.. griffin, campbell, herndon and jones wll be a good duo..

also i can see quincy willams and jordan smith move up to 2nd string come season time..

(08-12-2021, 01:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's nice to see DaVon Hamilton listed as the #1 NT. I have very high hopes for this guy. He looked really good last season before getting injured. The one area that really concerns me is OLB. We are an injury away from really struggling to find competent pass rushers. I just don't think we did enough in the off season to add good edge rushers. We concentrated so much on adding guys that could stop the run, that we forgot 3-4 scheme needs good OLB's. Both of our starters are coming off injury and I don't see any depth behind them. I'm praying Allen and Chaisson stay healthy this season or we could struggle.

That makes sense, but I thought the part of the reason for going to a 3-4 is that it can be easier to manufacture pressure with the scheme and multiple different guys rather than relying on particular "pass rushers" to win.

(08-12-2021, 01:51 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 01:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's nice to see DaVon Hamilton listed as the #1 NT. I have very high hopes for this guy. He looked really good last season before getting injured. The one area that really concerns me is OLB. We are an injury away from really struggling to find competent pass rushers. I just don't think we did enough in the off season to add good edge rushers. We concentrated so much on adding guys that could stop the run, that we forgot 3-4 scheme needs good OLB's. Both of our starters are coming off injury and I don't see any depth behind them. I'm praying Allen and Chaisson stay healthy this season or we could struggle.

That makes sense, but I thought the part of the reason for going to a 3-4 is that it can be easier to manufacture pressure with the scheme and multiple different guys rather than relying on particular "pass rushers" to win.

Typically, you don't get many sacks from the D-Line in a 3-4 scheme. You can have 3-4 D-Linemen who do dominate like Aaron Donald or Leonard Williams, but they are more of the exception to the rule. Maybe we are intending to do a lot of blitzing. Who knows? Jamal Adams had 9.5 sacks from his Safety position last season for the Seahawks, so anything is possible. I still think having a healthy Allen and Chaisson will be key to our pass rush.

I don’t like that Colin Johnson and Jalen Camp are way down the list while Dorset is near the top. 

I don’t like that Wyngard is even listed, let alone ahead of some others.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(08-12-2021, 02:03 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I don’t like that Colin Johnson and Jalen Camp are way down the list while Dorset is near the top. 

i think i heard mjd say that the jags are doing alot of switching positions like they had robinson starting.. then etienn after him they even had carlos hyde starting at 1 pont..

(08-12-2021, 02:03 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I don’t like that Colin Johnson and Jalen Camp are way down the list while Dorset is near the top. 

People on the message boards will lose their minds when Wingard stays and Wilson and Thomas are cut instead. 

Safeties will be Jenkins, Cisco, Jones, Ford, Wingard. Maybe Meyer will do it differently..

On the other hand this depth chart is just PR. I'll wait until at least the first pre-season game to really think about it.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...77508?s=20

Give TL a few snaps and that’s it. No sense having him risk injury in a game played to determine roster spots.

I like him more and more.

He had good size last year, and displayed a pretty good level of athleticism at DT such that he could actually generate a decent pass rush.

Now he's even bigger (335-340) and he is saying the game is starting to slow down for him.

He could end up being the best and most important player from the 2020 draft class.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

A strange one for me on the depth chart is to see Smoot listed at DT. In his recent camp interview, Smoot stated that he had lost weight near to his 255 college days and was working on the outside. I could see him moving inside to DT in obvious passing downs, but can not see him there as a regular rotating backup. Maybe I am wrong...

Wink  (This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 08:17 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-12-2021, 07:35 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

I like him more and more.

He had good size last year, and displayed a pretty good level of athleticism at DT such that he could actually generate a decent pass rush.

Now he's even bigger (335-340) and he is saying the game is starting to slow down for him.

He could end up being the best and most important player from the 2020 draft class.

I'm pretty sure someone else said that right after the draft. Hmmmmm.......... who could it be?  Wink

(08-12-2021, 07:54 AM)ATLjag Wrote: A strange one for me on the depth chart is to see Smoot listed at DT.  In his recent camp interview, Smoot stated that he had lost weight near to his 255 college days and was working on the outside.  I could see him moving inside to DT in obvious passing downs, but can not see him there as a regular rotating backup.  Maybe I am wrong...

That's impressive, because last year he looked huge. I bet he was closer to 285-290 lbs. when he played last season.

So happy for Hamilton.

This shouldn't matter but I wonder if the boos will rain down if Minshew trots out there on the first series.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 02:52 PM by Predator. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-12-2021, 07:54 AM)ATLjag Wrote: A strange one for me on the depth chart is to see Smoot listed at DT.  In his recent camp interview, Smoot stated that he had lost weight near to his 255 college days and was working on the outside.  I could see him moving inside to DT in obvious passing downs, but can not see him there as a regular rotating backup.  Maybe I am wrong...

I wouldn't read too much into that because it is positioned as a 3-4 base which is actually 2 DEs and a NT. I'm not sure why they listed one as a DT. Maybe it is to differentiate the strong side DE from the weak side.

I wouldn't like to see Gardner start. He has had more than all the opportunities to take control of starter and hasn't done so. Time to move on. New chapter, don't want our #1 behind our trash back up O line. Fans are excited for Trevor, there's no reason to make TLAW jump through hoops imo. We have all seen enough of Gardner, cool with him as a back up, but that's really it.

Also, interesting to see Agnew listed as #1 KR/PR. Excited to see what he can do in open space.

(08-12-2021, 03:21 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Also, interesting to see Agnew listed as #1 KR/PR. Excited to see what he can do in open space.

He’s a water bug. Dude is so quick

Its a first preseason depth chart so cant read into it too much but kinda shocked to see Etienne 3rd and behind Hyde.

Still think Lawrence will be Week 1 starter but i wonder how long he gets tomorrow if hes playing with the 2's

Maybe 2 Q's?

Look whos the number 1 WR its Shenault.. usually our right side is the ones the twos are on the left..